• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Scariest Adventure Games

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Ghost Trick is mostly a fun cartoony puzzly game, but it had one sequence that actually frightened me. So unexpected that it’s actually one of the most effective scares I’ve had from a game.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I loved Ghost Trick, I’ve got to play that one again. I wish I could recall what was really scary in that game.

Crazy

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2019-11-11

PM

There has been quite a few over the years. When I was little even Quest for Glory 4 scared me a bit. Silent Hill 2 made me stop playing. It wasnt so much the fear as getting me depressed.

Anyway I am developing a scary adventure game myself at the moment so take a look if interested.

http://www.zaperart.com/blue/

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2019-11-11

PM

Unavowed is one recent game i really liked.

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

DCast - 04 November 2019 08:33 PM

I think that Curse of Blakmoor Manor was pretty freaky to be honest. It was a looong time ago I played it, but I still remember it

I had to mute the music in that one to overcome that stressful feeling Laughing Your only friend in the castle is straight out of a child horror movie, you fumble your way in the dark using only glowsticks in that murky green colour, and you die a lot (even though there’s second chance, that still unnerves me).
The one that almost unsettled me was The Final Scene. There aren’t any jumpscares as far as I remember, and no real reason to panick except at the end when you friend is going to be crushed by a wrecking ball if you don’t do the right thing fast enough, but that old theater has a seriously creepy vibe (as opposed to the usual lighter, “spooky” vibe in the series).

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Nothing came close to Shadow of the Comet. Smile

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Nothing came close to Shadow of the Comet.

I need to play that game, it’s on my to do list.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 110

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

Harvester

I have no mouth, and I must scream

Fran Bow

Dark seed

Clock tower 1

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

it’s not the scariest, but i used to get freaked out by sq5 the next mutation. The genetix facility and the whole pukoid plot was unsettling to me as a kid lol. Also the end part where you crawl through the ship freaked me out XD

Total Posts: 221

Joined 2003-11-10

PM

I don’t like scary games as a rule (I haven’t played Penumbra or Amnesia), so the scariest I’ve played was Dark Fall (the first one).
I remember a moment where I had to make myself use the flashlight, because I was scared of what it would reveal.
Really good game, too, no cheap scares that I can remember, just an overall sense of dread.

Observer, which I’m currently playing, is so far quite scary.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I actually think Midnight in Salem might have a few moments in it. Could be a little scary”“?....................

Angry

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top