• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

OAK ISLAND - Some Treasures Are Best Left Buried

Total Posts: 35

Joined 2005-05-09

PM

Moving a Big Boulder

Ohhhh well,... we are aware that we’ve released our last update more than 3 months ago, but there was a good reason for the delay: We were working hard on something “really big”. Indeed - a big and heavy boulder was lying in our way and it took us an incredible amount of time and concentration to move this bastard. As soon as we got this thing off the tracks, our head was free to focus on the next update. So, here it is! Finally!

Read more…

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

Wow!  Gasp I would love to live in that cemetary . Laughing

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2003-09-27

PM

Any update or a release date please ?

Joined 2005-05-09

PM

NEW UPDATE:

FRAGMENTS OF TIME

Another year has passed and before we start talking about the latest developments in our project, we wish you all a Happy New Year. We hope you had great Christmas days with your loved ones and sailed with happy courage and full sails into the new year 2019.

Every new year is a new opportunity. Each year offers exciting events and fantastic experiences. Every year you learn something new. And yet the essence of time is also characterized by unpleasant events, transience and… death.

READ ON…

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Looks very good. Although I still question how the game has relevance when the final episodes in the History Channel series with the same title will end this year. Will we know how the game ends before the game comes out? I may have missed a post or two that explains how the game differs from the TV show.

There have been a few games that were based on movies/books/TV shows. The most obvious comparison would be the game based on Shutter Island, the movie that starred Leonardo DiCaprio. Both the game and the movie were duds.

I guess my question is how I, as a watcher of the Curse of Oak Island TV show since it’s inception, am going to learn anything new? Or maybe this is a game that doesn’t have anything to do with the TV show. Yet one of your top-down animations looks surprisingly like a Google Earth shot of Marty Laguina’s “war room” building.

As I said, it looks really good. I just don’t know where the game is coming from.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2003-09-27

PM

Atleast give us a release date now.

Joined 2005-05-09

PM

rtrooney - 17 January 2019 08:52 PM

Looks very good. Although I still question how the game has relevance when the final episodes in the History Channel series with the same title will end this year. Will we know how the game ends before the game comes out? I may have missed a post or two that explains how the game differs from the TV show.

Hey rooney,
thank you Smile Probably you mean the series “The Curse of Oak Island”. This series is not relevant for our game. We have a completely different story Smile It has indeed nothing to do with the series.

Yet one of your top-down animations looks surprisingly like a Google Earth shot of Marty Laguina’s “war room” building.

I believe you mean the war room from Daniel Blankenship. He is the owner of all the houses in this complex as far as I know. The house you see in our top-down animation is a pub, not far from oak island.

As I said, it looks really good.

Really appreciate that. Thank you Smile

Joined 2005-05-09

PM

Hey Guys,
here you find a brandnew update for The Mystery of Oak Island:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/visionaire-studio/oak-island-some-treasures-are-best-left-buried/posts/2616472

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top