• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoluckyloser

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Eliza

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

After abandoning her high-powered tech career and a mysterious three-year absence, Evelyn resurfaces working as a proxy for a virtual counseling app called Eliza. Her job consists solely of reading a script provided to her in real-time by an AI, leaving her no autonomy over what she says. Is Eliza a technological marvel that brings therapy to those who otherwise couldn’t access it? Or is it an ineffective replacement and another vector for technology companies to gain control over our lives and humanity?
Anyone played?

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I like the idea (what happens when a human being acts like a robot trying to pose as a human being), however I read that it’s more of a visual novel, and I rarely enjoy those, so I haven’t given it a try.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Zachtronics well known for puzzle games,although haven’t see any puzzle yet(played bout
2h) but story well grounded.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m quite intrigued by the premise of an AI counseller/therapist as I know much of the job done by a human is about listening & their ‘text book’ training on how to respond.
The subject seems quite suited to a visual novel so I’m intending to give it a go later next month.  Smile

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

chrissie - 19 September 2019 11:26 AM

I’m quite intrigued by the premise of an AI counseller/therapist as I know much of the job done by a human is about listening & their ‘text book’ training on how to respond.

Apologies if you already know about it, the way you phrased that sentence made me think perhaps you might not - may I encourage you to experiment a bit with the original Elizabot from which the game draws its inspiration, the 1966 natural language conversation program aiming to simulate a psychotherapist? It might interest you to see how it reacts first-hand. You can interact with it here Smile

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

NickyLarson - 19 September 2019 12:57 PM
chrissie - 19 September 2019 11:26 AM

Apologies if you already know about it, the way you phrased that sentence made me think perhaps you might not - may I encourage you to experiment a bit with the original Elizabot from which the game draws its inspiration, the 1966 natural language conversation program aiming to simulate a psychotherapist? It might interest you to see how it reacts first-hand. You can interact with it here Smile

Okay, thank you NickyLarson for that info.  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 221

Joined 2003-11-10

PM

There’s a glowing review of the game in Rock Paper Shotgun.
I’m intrigued, seing as these guys previous games were all very tough and scientific puzzle games.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top