• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure game scene… uh, game (continued)

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I also sent him a PM a couple of days ago to wake him up, but he hasn’t posted anything since July 30.  Does anyone want to jump in with a screenshot?

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Sorry, i didnt notice your PM earlier LK.

here is a new image:

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Post another one Advie. I knew what it was but couldn’t recall the name so I did a reverse image search and it came up.

It’s better to choose images that can’t be searched.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Better, sure. But nobody’s forcing you to use the image search. Fair enough if everyone seems to be really stuck (and even then it’s generally more fun to have another pic from the game posted), but otherwise why not take it as read that we’re all capable of doing the search and it’s more fun if we don’t? If you know what the game is and are just looking for the name, there are plenty of ways to search without just dropping the image in.

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

There have been people before admitting they used image search, so I don’t think the assumption that no one uses it works. If it’s possible to cheat the rewards of solving something becomes far less, for the one solving it and for the other participants who are never going to know whether the puzzle was solved fairly or by cheating.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Donuts McGee - 05 August 2019 07:25 AM

There have been people before admitting they used image search

And we made them all jump off a skyscraper, so (allegedly) there are no more cheaters here.

Seriously, I don’t care if someone’s desperate enough to use Google Image or some other disgraceful tool. What’s the use of it when they know they’re cheaters? No glory in that.
Maybe a person whose turn it is should check whether a screenshot is Google-proof or not. I always do so.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

zobraks - 05 August 2019 08:06 AM

Maybe a person whose turn it is should check whether a screenshot is Google-proof or not. I always do so.

I try to but if I don’t see the image after scrolling through a few screens showing the results I assume it’s not so easy to find if it’s there at all. I didn’t even think of anyone trying to track down the name of a game by Googling a walkthrough with a character’s name.
I don’t condone anyone cheating but if it’s possible I don’t think it should be thrown back to the poster of the pic.

Anyway the game from which Advie’s screenshot comes from is Wailing Heights.
No, I didn’t Google it & am prepared to take a VK lie detector test - the sort that sends bolts of lightening through your brain when you lie!

The art-style looked familiar & I wanted to check out the screenshots for the game but couldn’t remember its title. I knew it came out in the last few years & would recognise the name if I saw it so I browsed through the nice neat lists of games in the Pagoda Games database going back from 2017 to find it near the bottom (as it would be - W) of the 2015 list.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

chrissie - 05 August 2019 10:10 AM

The art-style looked familiar & I wanted to check out the screenshots for the game but couldn’t remember its title.

I know how you felt, the graphic style of this game reminded me of a title I couldn’t remember (“There was ‘dog’ and ‘pizza’ and Mendoza’ in the name, I’m sure.”) It turned out it wasn’t The Interactive Adventures of Dog Mendonça & Pizza Boy. Tongue

chrissie - 05 August 2019 10:10 AM

No, I didn’t Google it & am prepared to take a VK lie detector test - the sort that sends bolts of lightening through your brain when you lie!

If you don’t pass the test there’s also a skyscraper waiting for you. Grin

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I hate heights!  Laughing
(I never tried Wailing ones)

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Wailing Heights its, Chrissie!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks Advie.

Next, who’s a pretty boy:

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Whenever you see a parrot in a game you know you’re going to have to get some info out of it. In this case it’s Lamplight City.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Lamplight city it is - over to you Donuts McGee.  Smile

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Oh very well, if I must…

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top