• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Lorelai (by the creator of The Cat Lady) is now available

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-09-08

PM

From the creator of the really excellent adventure game The Cat Lady, we now have Lorelai.

It’s available DRM-free at gog.com

https://www.gog.com/game/lorelai

https://www.gog.com/news/release_lorelai

And Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/593960/Lorelai/

Also Humble:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/lorelai?hmb_source=search_bar

and no doubt others too.

Joined 2006-09-08

PM

Is anyone playing this? I’m loving it so far.

Edit: apparently not.

Folks, you’re badly missing out on a superb game here.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

I’m playing this and I’m heartbroken over how it turned out… Is it a bad game? Not at all. Is it a worthy conclusion to “Devil Came Through Here” trilogy? Unfortunately, also a no.
And I don’t even count the amount of crashes, bugs and overall level of optimization in this assessment…
Did you finish it and ended up really liking it?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

That sucks. I was looking forward to this game.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2006-09-08

PM

I loved it.

Was it as good as The Cat Lady? No, not quite. It seemed shorter and perhaps a little less engaging and not as hard-hitting.

Nevertheless, I still loved it.

But, of course, YMMV.

BTW, only one crash was experienced.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

I believe they fixing things as they pop up, I’ve crushed multiple times but I bought the game about an hour after release, so things might be different now - I certainly hope so.

I do think that the game is bound to be judged as a part of the trilogy. It’s a good game overall. It’s has a interesting dark story, compelling protagonist and well-written dialogue. I enjoyed it for that. But… It also happened to be a part (a closing one at that!) of a “Devil Came Through Here” series, so it’s going to be viewed along with “The Cat Lady” and “Downfall”. It has none of that strong gut-wrenching feeling you get after playing both of those, especially TCL, not much horror element, no puzzles of “house of Gladys” variety (all inventory-based puzzles have items that can be found within next few locations, some made little sense to me - like the painting with the shore one), no hard-hitting dialogues that you want to re-read over again; and, most importantly, Lorelai is no Susan and no Joe. Comparatively speaking, she seemed detached (or rather managed not to engage me) from the events surrounding; reactive, yes, but in a lighter manner. I also didn’t like the finality and sudden definitive stance with Queen of Maggots, she was always an elusive “it’s anyone’s guess” kind of villain (not villain?). Here, we get her served on a platter.
I feel that if you really REALLY loved TCL, this one will be a letdown because of expectations (heart-breaking for me, I thought TCL a masterpiece), but if you approach it without quite high of a pedestal in mind, it might turn out a good gaming experience. I think I got the same vibe from opinions and reviews I’ve read about it; majority still gave high marks though, so I wouldn’t discourage to play. As a matter of fact, I’m surprised it’s so quiet here, I’d expect many people to anticipate the game, get it and share their opinion. I’m really interested to know what anyone thought.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Ok, now that I know this about the game, I may buy it because my expectations are quite low for the game.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

my expectations are quite low for the game.

Haha, The Cat Lady or Downfall didn’t impress you much?

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I liked the Cat Lady. However, I have heard the Lorelai is pretty buggy.

Heart

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

It was really buggy for me, yes. However, I’ve purchased it the hour it came out and played it in first 3 days after it, I’ve heard things were being fixed as they pop up, so I’m hoping it’s a better deal now

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

No bugs for me just a few long loading times between scenes so patience required!

Is it better than The Cat Lady? It’s a very engaging game which didn’t seem to be as well structured but all the same I was on the edge of my seat whilst playing one of the later chapters. There is no action as such aside from a few mild scenes in the game which on failing throw you back to try again.

As the conclusion to a trilogy I think you have to view the game as just that i.e. the last one of three loosely connected stories but in isolation.

I’m still thinking about it!    Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top