• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceandiegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady KestrelTimovieManwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A Blind Adventure!

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2006-09-13

PM

Hey everyone,

I would like to share with you a small P&C adventure I made.
You play as a blind man trying to figure out what’s happening around him with a different play mechanic than in most adventure games.

Try it out! Smile

It’s free. Takes ~15min to complete. No download needed - plays in the browsers (computers only).
Make sure to go on FULLSCREEN mode (button on lower right corner) and turn on SOUND.

Would love to hear if you think this mechanic is fun, as well as any other constructive feedback you might have.

Enjoy and thanks for your time and support :-)
Link: https://planariastudio.itch.io/blind-man-finds-a-portal

Total Posts: 407

Joined 2018-09-09

PM

This is excellent; a very original and entertaining concept.  I would certainly play a full version.

Interestingly, I found the final challenge to be the easiest.  I didn’t need any letters revealed for me and I solved it after clicking on a mere three objects.

By the way, there’s quite a few spelling and grammatical errors throughout the demo.  I would be only too happy to fix them for you, if you would care to send me a copy of the script.  I’d be equally happy to proofread a script for the full version of the game, pro bono.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2006-09-13

PM

Thank you so much for taking the time to check it out, and coming back here to give feedback!

It is really surprising that the third scene was the easiest for you. From other testers I know it is by far the hardest one :-)

I am not a native English speaker, and this build hasn’t gone through any kind of proofreading - hence the issues you mentioned.

I don’t know yet if I’ll have the resources to make this into a full blown game, but if I will, I’ll be sure to remember your very kind and generous offer!

Thanks again!  Smile

Total Posts: 407

Joined 2018-09-09

PM

The Mutajon - 28 May 2019 03:33 AM

Thank you so much for taking the time to check it out, and coming back here to give feedback!

It is really surprising that the third scene was the easiest for you. From other testers I know it is by far the hardest one :-)

I am not a native English speaker, and this build hasn’t gone through any kind of proofreading - hence the issues you mentioned.

I don’t know yet if I’ll have the resources to make this into a full blown game, but if I will, I’ll be sure to remember your very kind and generous offer!

Thanks again!  Smile

No problem.  Please do let me know if you ever need any kind of proofreading done for any future projects.  I’ll be happy to help.

All the best.

Ed

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Hi! I enjoyed playing your demo, I thought that was a clever and original game mechanic, and one that has definite potential for a full-fledged game.

When playing in full-screen mode, however, the space to write the answer was off-screen. I had to go back to windowed mode and zoom out to be able to see the whole game at once.(I use Firefox.) Just a minor impediment, though, I could play just fine afterwards.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top