• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Longest Journey HD

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-08-04

PM

Check it out
TLJHD

This topic is mere promotional, so should any questions arise please go to moddb page of this mod and ask the actual author.

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

I don’t normally like HD remakes but this looks good. The characters could be better, however the backgrounds are fabulous.

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2012-06-18

PM

Wow! It looks really good Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Very lovely. I am constantly amazed at how well the neural network upscale works. For years I’ve stated, you can’t add detail to something if there’s none to begin with, but this method of scaling images is constantly proving otherwise. 

Downloading and giving it a spin.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

tomimt - 19 May 2019 12:07 PM

For years I’ve stated, you can’t add detail to something if there’s none to begin with, but this method of scaling images is constantly proving otherwise.

Next Esper.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

So, I’ve given it a small spin and the end result definitely looks pretty good, all things considering. Some bits look like they are scaled, as it’s obvious the scaler wasn’t quite sure what it was trying to scale, but some, like additional rust, blemishes, dirt, tile lines and so on and so forth, have a nice amount of additional detail in them.

This tech is proving to be increasingly interesting and I suspect we will soon see commercial remasters made of games where some if not all HR work is at least to a degree based on this. Obviously, for the best possible result, some amount of retouching is still needed, like correcting things like writing or some harder features, like human faces and so on, but as a whole, I can see neural network upscalers providing a good bse on companies to work upon.

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

I can’t seem to be able to install the Residual version that is offered with this HD mod. Can I also use the latest version as available on residualvm.org? (Latest daily batch)

Some options I don’t recognize, such as the ability to set a specific AA level!

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

subbi - 20 May 2019 01:27 PM

I can’t seem to be able to install the Residual version that is offered with this HD mod. Can I also use the latest version as available on residualvm.org? (Latest daily batch)

Some options I don’t recognize, such as the ability to set a specific AA level!

I downloaded the daily build on the 19th. I also didn’t notice an AA option. I had to set my GPU to override the application settings in order to get the AA to work in game.

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Did you read the Installation Instructions (at the bottom of the page)?

Thanks for the links, nasovic!

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Yes, I did.

However, just opening the residualvm executable from the folder doesn’t work on my laptop.
The window kind of freezes on the dos prompt view and you don’t see the residualvm interface.

Also the instructions specify how to set the antialiasing…but it’s not available within residualvm options menu.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

You can try forcing AA by modifying residualVM.ini file. If you are using Windows 10, 8 or 7, it should be in a folder c:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\residualVM

Open the ini file, with Notepad for an example, and add a line antialiasing=8 under the segment [tlj-win]

That worked for me. I still can’t change the AA setting through the residual settings, but it shows me that my AA level is 8. You can, of course, use setting 2,4,8 or 16, whatever you see fit.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

been LOVING this mod! it makes the game like 200% more amazing looking imo… but i reached a bug, not sure if it’s just me.  After you leave marcuria and head into the woods to meet the witch I hit a bug where I cannot click on things I need to in her house to progress the game.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

UPDATE : (should anyone else have this problem) I managed to figure out how to get past the part I was stuck in the witch hut by disabling loading the mod assets in the residualvm engine tab. Now those missing hotspots let me interact with them, what a strange bug.  My text is still all italicized though and I wish it was just the normal Arial font but with upscale… that seems a weird issue no one else has mentioned either and I’m certain I copied both the mod folders and the hd fmv mod folders to the right place and overwrote all the fonts directory as instructed.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top