• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

How many Lost Crown universe AGs had been released since our wait

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Boakes is indeed a very good artist, but he has made so many empty promises over the years that he has made a reputation for himself. Which is why this thread is here.

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2006-11-21

PM

Well I played through the demo and I have to say that apart from some control issues, it’s graphically impressive (for a one man show) and definitely evoques the TLC vibe but in now in 3D.  The character Nigel is still an affable prat and we are introduced to a new character, a female vicar with a streak of salt and a questionable background.  I’m looking forward to seeing more of her.

The puzzles in the demo are fairly simple and short and the gadgets you get to play with should add another level of interactivity to the game, proper.  I know JB gets a little flack from the community, but I’ve always been impressed by how rich his games are and I look forward to both Silent Night and Blackenrock in 2019.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
- Carl Sagan

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I didn’t know there are two games promised now. Let’s see next year how much we have been able to enjoy them.

Don’t get me wrong: I love Boakes’s games, but the constant stream of empty promises he made over many many years has left me very sceptical.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i cant believe how devs sometimes dont have the slightest idea what they are doing when making a sequel to a game that mostly have been enjoyed! i am not gonna go much into the abrupt intro or the cheesy 3D B&W interface, i only cant make out the borders where to where those vast area in the demo end, with B&W 2D the 1st game was still a mess but acceptable after a while. with 3D nuthin makes any sense, you get to barn and there is a small gap and upon entering you cant make your surroundings anymore, or you get to a place with sticks and stones then you find its a border you cant exceed, i dont know if this is only with the demo or not!, but the 3D approach with every thing is black & white i couldnt make any sens of direction, every thing looks the same.

Happy fucking new year!

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Advie - 31 December 2018 12:37 AM

Happy fucking new year!

How obnoxious and offensive can you get…
But of course I only have myself to blame. I should have killfiled you again the moment the quiz was over.

PLOINK!

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i certainly cant take your opinion over my words, but however i dont think it sounded as much as i want to to belong over my view to the demo as much as i thought. sorry for ever who is offended (or il be) by it.

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2006-11-21

PM

I can’t be offended by a fellow Redman, unless you invoke a Toffee curse! 

Grin

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
- Carl Sagan

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Stonez - 02 January 2019 11:13 AM

I can’t be offended by a fellow Redman, unless you invoke a Toffee curse! 

Grin

i can tell you about the curse, but hold your breath until tomorrow, man, its a big day! Wink

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

http://www.cornwall-observer.co.uk/latest/new-oxford-definition-boakes-game-lost-crown/

Breaking News: Oxford Dictionary has announced it will introduce a new word in its forthcoming edition, due in February later this year. Dr. Edith Naughton, assistant editor, says of the latest addition: “It’s a word with a very interesting history. The verb “boake” or “to boake”, because of the circumstances surrounding the Lost Crown series of computer games, has acquired a colloquial meaning of delaying or putting off indefinitely. Usage of the word has been building in recent years and shows no signs of slowing momentum, so we thought it was time.” Mr Boakes was contacted for comment and has assured us he is in the process of preparing no less than twelve statements of reply, which will be published when completed later this year.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

Donuts McGee - 22 January 2019 07:09 AM

http://www.cornwall-observer.co.uk/latest/new-oxford-definition-boakes-game-lost-crown/

Breaking News: Oxford Dictionary has announced it will introduce a new word in its forthcoming edition, due in February later this year. Dr. Edith Naughton, assistant editor, says of the latest addition: “It’s a word with a very interesting history. The verb “boake” or “to boake”, because of the circumstances surrounding the Lost Crown series of computer games, has acquired a colloquial meaning of delaying or putting off indefinitely. Usage of the word has been building in recent years and shows no signs of slowing momentum, so we thought it was time.” Mr Boakes was contacted for comment and has assured us he is in the process of preparing no less than twelve statements of reply, which will be published when completed later this year.

Link not working dude

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Vehelon - 22 January 2019 09:20 AM

Link not working dude

It’s a joke.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Dale - 22 January 2019 01:32 PM
Vehelon - 22 January 2019 09:20 AM

Link not working dude

It’s a joke.

...and a pretty damn funny one at that!  Thumbs Up

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Wooho, now these colors added changes everything i thought of the demo.

Total Posts: 72

Joined 2017-03-27

PM

Some of those scenes were from Dark Fall: Storm Warning http://www.darklingroom.co.uk/darkfallgames/darkfall4/  Not all were from Blackenrock.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top