• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleLady KestrelrtrooneySpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

April free games….

Games With Gold

The Witness will be available to download free from 1st-30th April, while Assassin’s Creed Syndicate will be available from 16th April to 15th May.

Cars 2 is free from 1st-15th April, while Dead Space 2 is free from 16-30th.

PSN Plus

Mad Max (PS4)
  Trackmania Turbo (PS4)
  In Space We Brawl (PS3)
  Toy Home (PS3)
  99 VIDAS (PS Vita)
  Q*Bert Rebooted (PS3/PS4/PS Vita)

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Xbox owners can soon get their hands on a HUGE PS4 exclusive game in the summer. Wink

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Far Cry 5 is sitting at 81% on metacritic. I’ve played every Far Cry game since 3 and I usually like these games, so I will probably play it when it goes on sale. Also, I need a break from the Far Cry formula after Horizon Laughing

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude - 29 March 2018 11:32 PM

Far Cry 5 is sitting at 81% on metacritic. I’ve played every Far Cry game since 3 and I usually like these games, so I will probably play it when it goes on sale. Also, I need a break from the Far Cry formula after Horizon Laughing

FC2 was best, and series was downhill from there, my psn list all playing fc5, and almost all real world friends, its gonna sell alot
Seems like Montana skin/recycled assets working well Smile

Lucien21 - 29 March 2018 04:20 PM

Xbox owners can soon get their hands on a HUGE PS4 exclusive game in the summer. Wink

Hellblade coming to X too
Like Crash

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

ign’s top 100 games of all time:
http://www.ign.com/lists/top-100-games

As usual, it is littered with SNES games in the top spots, whereas Grim Fandango sits at 80 and Doom, one of the most influential games of all time sits at 19.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude - 30 March 2018 04:22 PM

ign’s top 100 games of all time:
http://www.ign.com/lists/top-100-games

As usual, it is littered with SNES games in the top spots, whereas Grim Fandango sits at 80 and Doom, one of the most influential games of all time sits at 19.

When it started with ____ like pokemon at 100, you know top spots will be reserved for Nintendo games and i was right

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Sony is starting marketing of Spidey, new footage , fantastic job by Insomniac

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Cliff Bleszinski’s studio still reeling from the, “Nobody cared about Lawmakers” flop seems to be rushing out a Battle Royale type game.

In X-treme early access and very 80’s, Radical Heights doesn’t look that much better than lawmakers to be honest. Also smacks of desperatly trying to cling onto the hot genre of the day.

Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Shenmue 1&2 getting a remaster before the 3rd one comes out.

Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

God of War looking like a game of the year candidate. Currently sitting at 9.5 on metacritic.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

SoccerDude - 14 April 2018 04:12 PM

God of War looking like a game of the year candidate. Currently sitting at 9.5 on metacritic.

And you can’t preorder it on Amazon UK (or Detroit or Spiderman) there seems to be an issue with Sony and Amazon Frown

Looking forward to God of War though.

Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

God of War is number one in UK charts and selling well so far.

Also director of the game Cory Barlog’s reaction to the high metacritic score is priceless Smile

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Rumours of a reveal on Monday 14th.

I remember liking the first one and it’s weird mega-textures.

I was impressed with the game. The shooting is massively enjoyable, with a wide array of weapons that have multiple ammo types meaning that customising the way you like to play is a lot of fun. Personally I liked to go with the Shotgun for mutants as they get close pretty fast, the Authority rifle for all other types of enemies and the wingstick as the alternate fire.

The Wingstick is my favourite toy in the game. It’s a glave type throwing device (Think the movie Krull) that spins at an enemy, bouncing off surfaces and decapitating them as they run towards you. It never gets old and just gets better with the advanced model you get later in the game.

While the story is functional and the atmosphere in the game is great. It seriously loses it towards the end making me think that the game was rushed. It has a disappointing last few missions and it felt very rushed. The expected final boss battle never materialised and the game just ended leaving you thinking WTF happened next.

It took me about 12:30 hrs to complete the game and I had a hell of a lot of fun.

That Glaive was ace and nearly as much fun as the Axe in the recent God of War.

Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top