• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Gamescom

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 22 August 2017 07:37 AM

I think there is gonna be lot of jank but lots of things like music,setting,setup and stuff make me want to finally cave in
It seems like that Ubi Osiris game with Asscreed shoved in

I hope they don’t throw in present day stuff in there, or at least leave it for the end of the game

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 22 August 2017 09:06 AM

I think there is gonna be lot of jank but lots of things like music,setting,setup and stuff make me want to finally cave in

I hope they don’t throw in present day stuff in there, or at least leave it for the end of the game

From what I heard at E3, the loading between locations looks like the typical Ass Creed animus loading. Wish they would completely reset and forget about the old Ass Creeds and modern day stuff.

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I must be an outlier. I want the modern day stuff in it, at least to get a pay off for the Juno story they’ve been slowly (oh so slowly) building up.  I’d prefer it not to just play out in a cutscene though.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Dale - 22 August 2017 01:28 PM

I must be an outlier. I want the modern day stuff in it, at least to get a pay off for the Juno story they’ve been slowly (oh so slowly) building up.  I’d prefer it not to just play out in a cutscene though.

One problem is that lots of people (me included) did not continue playing Assassin’s Creed after the series went down in quality, so I have no idea where that story went. If this is a true going back to origins and trying to revive the franchise by bringing both new players and old Assassin’s Creed fans, it would be nice to ease new players in without them needing to have lots of knowledge about the prior games.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Debt repaying RPG , yeah only swery can come up with them ideas

wilco - 22 August 2017 09:06 AM

I am least interested in that arc too, that made the game more corny but its their hook for justifying drone eagles and jumping from tall towers into haysack and the excuse to justify english language in each period

Period stories with their own set of historical and original new characters are better
Syndicate was good, Origins feel even better, seems like Witcher influence

Previous iterations were obnoxious on consoles with 2 mins loading, same reason i deleted Ghostrecon trial after 2 hrs
Origins had just 10-15secs at E3
Bow is better, combat is new
Holding buttons to parkour is gone too i suppose
If they will polish up input lag , then its all the complaints being ironed out in right directtion

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Capcom holdin back nothing, i could pass DD2 for this

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 22 August 2017 02:17 PM
Dale - 22 August 2017 01:28 PM

One problem is that lots of people (me included) did not continue playing Assassin’s Creed after the series went down in quality, so I have no idea where that story went. If this is a true going back to origins and trying to revive the franchise by bringing both new players and old Assassin’s Creed fans, it would be nice to ease new players in without them needing to have lots of knowledge about the prior games.

I was on it until the Brotherhood ending, after that it went downhill in my opinion and AC3 was so confusing that I just gave up. After that they were just intermissions until getting back into the good stuff. Have no idea where the story is now.

nomadsoul - 22 August 2017 03:50 PM

Debt repaying RPG , yeah only swery can come up with them ideas

Debt reapying RPG is Animal Crossing but the concept here seems much more evolved with a murder mystery to the mix and the obligatory Swery crazy characters

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 22 August 2017 04:28 PM

Debt reapying RPG is Animal Crossing but the concept here seems much more evolved with a murder mystery to the mix and the obligatory Swery crazy characters

teaser

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 21 August 2017 06:21 PM

Shenmue 3 tease

Model animations need work, locations are great

Looking great. They really need to announce Shenmue 1 and 2 remaster before releasing Shenmue 3. Judging by the kickstarter interest, they can make a killing with them.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 23 August 2017 01:56 AM

Looking great. They really need to announce Shenmue 1 and 2 remaster before releasing Shenmue 3. Judging by the kickstarter interest, they can make a killing with them.

I think wilco should get them on his DC, even if announced at PSX or TGS or PGW , i think it will be next year
And i still think it will be a reality

And Yu fans are everywhere, even in German hotels getting autographs
FBook shenmue community is just crazy about Yu and Shenmue

He answered some questions,

The released Shenmue III teaser footage is real-time in-game graphics.
-All character models are temporary and subject to change.
-Facial animations were initially implemented but have been removed about a month ago.
-The teaser was especially made for Gamescom 2017, no further plans to show more of the game at this year’s Gamescom or Tokyo Game Show. However, a full-scale promotion will take place next year.
-Deep Silver will publish the game internationally, and they’ll provide budget and promotional support. A publisher for Japan is to be decided.
-Suzuki-san would like to continue the series in Shenmue IV if possible.
-Shenmue III will take around 30 hours of gameplay to complete.
-OST from Shenmue and Shenmue II will probably be reused in Shenmue III.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Game continues to look great

edit

Raiden, manta and Hellboy announced for Injustice2
Will wait for final XL edition when Spawn,Constantine and Rorschach will make it

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 23 August 2017 06:57 AM

Will wait for final XL edition when Spawn,Constantine and Rorschach will make it

Ups, didn’t notice this was already in this thread Smile
Biomutant looks great

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 23 August 2017 10:16 AM

Biomutant looks great

lots of cool shit been discussed in IGN live interview with some new footage
If you want to check

Let me update my anticipated list

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 23 August 2017 11:19 AM
wilco - 23 August 2017 10:16 AM

Biomutant looks great

lots of cool shit been discussed in IGN live interview with some new footage
If you want to check

Let me update my anticipated list

Based on what I have seen, my game of the show so far and definitely Day 1. Game looks amazing.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 23 August 2017 01:06 PM

Based on what I have seen, my game of the show so far and definitely Day 1. Game looks amazing.

Directfeed, narrator and protagonist VA is cool
And that weapon crafting even cooler

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top