• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielKeybordzLady KestrelTheTMDwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Indie Games Thread

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 02 July 2017 01:11 AM

I hardly used PS2 BC on PS3 fat, many games were not widescreen
And yes Jak collection and Okami HD on Ps3 were much better, i would play classic game reworked than emulated in bad way
Its a preference

Who said it is emulated in a bad way? It actually looks better than if you plugged an XBOX into your TV. It’s not HD or widescreen, but that is because it is emulated not remastered, and you knew that was the case when he announced it.

My close neighbor friends are working in 343i, ActivisionBlizzard to name a few and i have worked for EA outsourced project too i know hot it works
However i dont know if Ubi is just more formal and centralized

So you had a say in which game EA is putting out? If you really know like you claim, you know the decisions of what games are being made are not left to the employees but the high execs in conjunction with creative directors and studio heads. I know how this works because I have worked in it and my wife is currently a director at ubi. Again stop saying idiotic things that you don’t know about.

No they are sleeping in cars to make the game they like, not what market wants like Ubi

Well you seem to be setting this as an expectation, if they sleep in their car they are passionate and if they don’t they are mindless drones. Why don’t you mortgage your stuff and sleep in your car then to work on what you love? If Cuphead guys want to do that, more power to them, but from my perspective, I don’t think that is a healthy way to live.

Gr2 to last of us, creative control Tongue is the way to go
All your GAS shit is derived from focus group and money making schemes

Man everything you don’t like based on your personal preference like you said, you call shit. That is the definition of a troll. You think people who work on Destiny or Overwatch or WOW are not passionate? I had a phase when I played Hearthstone daily (I still do occasionally), and I got to watch the creative directors and designers closely, and those guys LOVE their job, I can tell, and they definitely have creative control, and don’t design by committee.

ND and GG is far better place than Ubi or AB

How do you know that? People in Ubi are super happy from what my wife tells me, and Yves is more loved than most gaming CEO’s out there. Actually Ubi employees love Yves so much, no want wants Vivendi or their asshole boss taking over.

And both dont force GAS into singleplayer games like they did with Diablo3 or Ubi game
Nor are creatively bankrupt

Blizzard is creatively bankrupt? Are you $#&*^$# serious?

And it looks shit just like decade old game it once was
Try FF14 for better graphics atleast but again since you defend mario and CCrush
I think its safe to say your preference

No not my preference. Critically it is considered by many as the best MMO of all time, so to compare it to Candy Crush is you trolling again.

Amazing art and story innit?
So cool to control same midget after 30 years, same thing over and over is the definition of insanity
i rest my case, if thats aesthetically stimulating for you
Well have fun, i am not stopping you but i have right to call this design ugly af

Funny how you quote Far Cry 3, when you seem to hate ubisoft so much.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/super-mario-galaxy
http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/super-mario-galaxy-2
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/metro-redux

OWNED. It is not my opinion, it is the opinion of the whole industry. You are wrong.

People are buying this so its quality is not a reasonable argument period, people buy alot of shit , mainstream is for lowest common denominator anyway by and large, i have my own taste and preference then i look at market , you are otherway around

No sales is one part, but both WOW and Super Mario Bros are very highly critically acclaimed.

http://www.ign.com/lists/top-100-games/1
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_considered_the_best

In that list you have WOW, Super Mario 64, Super Mario World, Super Mario Galaxy,Super Mario Bros. 3

Again you are wrong.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 02 July 2017 12:59 PM

Well you seem to be setting this as an expectation, if they sleep in their car they are passionate and if they don’t they are mindless drones. Why don’t you mortgage your stuff and sleep in your car then to work on what you love?

Labor of creative love > labor for love of the money , that was my point

You think people who work on Destiny or Overwatch or WOW are not passionate?

Yes , its questionable if you derive your decisions on micro transactions and cheap lootboxes or RNG auction houses, i would question passion for pleasing their supervisors, Analytics and well money not creativity and it seems my preferences are hurting you like truth
Maybe they are, am i over reacting calling you stupid or prick?
Nope you are triggered

How do you know that? People in Ubi are super happy from what my wife tells me, and Yves is more loved than most gaming CEO’s out there. Actually Ubi employees love Yves so much, no want wants Vivendi or their asshole boss taking over

Your wife and Patrice girlfriend lets analyze

“My girlfriend told me I was not happy anymore at Ubisoft. She made me realize that, so I said OK. Now it’s been seven years since I left Ubisoft,” he said.

“My biggest struggle with being in an organization is that I was the guy doing interviews like what we’re doing right now, and I had to come up with political lying,” he said.

“I would receive comments and decisions made by other people and not me, because it’s all about compromising when you’re in a big organization somehow - Patrice

Your wife is Director and in last posts you said she had no say noone would give much weight to her opinions
If Yves is so lovable then why she cant she mail her thoughts
No feedback system, no autonomy?
You are contradicting yourself
Or maybe she can say something since Patrice said so

My buddy who is lead network engineer on Destiny actually had opinions and LukeSmith listened to him and i yes i dont know if your wife has credentials but feedback is paramount to some people some take it others dont

In Naughty dog which was my example every guy has a say in product, all people criticize everyone and its Niel’s job to take all feedback under some of his own creative vision
Also the reason why current Ubi can never make a game like Lastofus
Nevah

Blizzard is creatively bankrupt? Are you $#&*^$# serious?

As much games i played in my life yes, i can speak from my gameplaying experience

Funny how you quote Far Cry 3, when you seem to hate ubisoft so much.

Its a fucking joke meme now for ubi owns missteps from downgrade to casul skrub recycled gameplay designs
Farcry now from Farcry2

It is not my opinion

That was my point, sheep mentality abhors personal opinion, you never had your own point

Again you are wrong

Yes just like you said Scalebound was revealed at 2015 and called me a liar not even bothering to google
You also was right when you showed me Boyes video without knowing there are videos of Gio saying exact same words for Shenmue 3 in PS livecast, they were saying we for a reason

Also wasting my time before E3 supporting xbox only to find bad show with downgrade crackdown, then how Sony losing indies and lost it

I said mario aesthetically sux monkey balls, and i hate the game , why you getting triggered? Mario looks ugly so does WoW cheap artsyle ripping Joemad art wrapped in 10 yrs old engine
If you prefer Metro world over Mario then good luck , for me that lowest common denominator appeal
And yes the same press bashed Prey to DemonsSls to godhand to watnot
If i were a sheep like you i would be a casul skrub devoid of mind expansion looking at others to channel my taste

SoccerDude28 - 02 July 2017 12:59 PM

Again stop saying idiotic things that you don’t know about.

“And then I also realized that when you do a really big franchise, you also make money for other people and they don’t really care about you (Laugh). So I said, enough! if I do another Assassin’s Creed at least it would be for me and my guys and also for Quebec and for my people in Montreal.”

Yeah i dont know what great Yves did to Patrice and how fraud of a company Ubi is, how cool to feed off someone’s elses brainchild and feed other families
Asscreed running majority of business for years , whos work robbed and then fed to as you say passionateworkers who are recycling on franchise created by others

Dont presume to judge me and avoid mean personal attacks like stupid,liar,idiotic etc
I dont know shit
You are making yourself look bad only for a hubby of Director , have more class
See its thats easy to be personal
I dont recall posting direct personal comments just scaling up to reply in the same tone but dont want to take that road with you
I have right to shit on products
If you have emotional issues regarding your attachment with some games or guys like Spencer then blow the steam elsewhere
You are acting like snowflake

And one last idiotic lie that customers can catch

Now i know why you were defending
Conflict of interest smh

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 02 July 2017 03:25 PM

blah blah blah

I can keep going forever, but I’m just going to leave it here. You are obviously trolling and looking for flamewars by calling things that are loved and highly respectable shit, and you keep injecting flame bait comments everytime you post something (like in your Crash Nsanity post, or WOW and Mario are shit). I am done playing your childish game. Aurevoir.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 02 July 2017 04:28 PM

I can keep going forever, but I’m just going to leave it here

childish game

I am done

You were on my time

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Yonder coming soon like this month on PS4 and PC obviously , Developed by Prideful Sloth, a veteran team led by a trio who were formerly an Activision producer, a Rocksteady artist and a Rocksteady senior programmer

Looks and sounds pleasant

So many games on PS4 , backlogged

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I am playing Jotun , its pure bliss of a trip
Free this weekend on steam, grab it

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1406034

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Hob is upgraded and looks beautiful another great indie for PS4 and PC

Cant wait never knew Torchlight guys were on this one

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Bounty Battle on
Fig https://www.fig.co/campaigns/bounty-battle

It is a fighting game, with the fighting characters being characters from other indie games.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Pyre is coming out next Tuesday on PSN and it looks incredible

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/20/pyre-out-tuesday-enhanced-for-ps4-pro-50-trophies-new-launch-trailer/

Also this is the first time I hear a dev telling people to hold off from pre-ordering till the game reviews come out:

“There’s still time to pre-order Pyre and save 10% off the full price if you’re so inclined. Though, speaking as a former game critic who reviewed games for like 12 years before finally getting a shot at making them, I would just as soon encourage you to wait and see what folks have to say (especially if that 10% off doesn’t matter much to you).”

Must be real confident in the quality, or maybe some reverse psychology Tongue Anyway, I love their prior games, and I am looking forward to this one.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 20 July 2017 10:23 PM

Pyre is coming out next Tuesday on PSN and it looks incredible

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/20/pyre-out-tuesday-enhanced-for-ps4-pro-50-trophies-new-launch-trailer/

Also this is the first time I hear a dev telling people to hold off from pre-ordering till the game reviews come out:

“There’s still time to pre-order Pyre and save 10% off the full price if you’re so inclined. Though, speaking as a former game critic who reviewed games for like 12 years before finally getting a shot at making them, I would just as soon encourage you to wait and see what folks have to say (especially if that 10% off doesn’t matter much to you).”

Must be real confident in the quality, or maybe some reverse psychology Tongue Anyway, I love their prior games, and I am looking forward to this one.

Greg Kasavin is classy, Gamespot starting getting worse when he (and, later I think, Jeff) left.
Bastion was amazing, Transistor was ok/good, probably getting this one.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco psn is running kickass sale again you might want to grab Slain, its cross buy
So more Vita juice for you

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 21 July 2017 12:04 PM

wilco psn is running kickass sale again you might want to grab Slain, its cross buy
So more Vita juice for you

Didn’t more stuff was added! Getting some Vita bargains (however I already own Slain)

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Some gameplay footage of Pyre.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/21/playstation-vs-supergiant-pyre-interview-multiplayer-deathmatch/

Feels a little like a Supermario Strikers. Very different gameplay than their older games.

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Yonder the Cloud Catcher Chronicles is really good. Kind of like one of those huge open world RPGs (Gothic, Risen etc) but without the annoying combat. I’ve been wanting a game like this for a long time.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

BitingWit - 22 July 2017 07:25 AM

Yonder the Cloud Catcher Chronicles is really good. Kind of like one of those huge open world RPGs (Gothic, Risen etc) but without the annoying combat. I’ve been wanting a game like this for a long time.

Good to hear, was looking forward to it
ACG says there is no really game here like NMS, just exploring and crafting but i know why he says that so not much of an issue for me

What i want to know if Quests are decent enough to pass main story

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top