• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Indie Games Thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 28 June 2017 12:29 PM

Funny how that same game you mentioned was only shown in indiecade. 2 years ago, that would have been in the Sony booth

Cuphead was announced 3 years ago but you had audacity to mention it as MS pipeline
Because MS showed it at all fo 3 e3s
Ori2 was leaked to be shown t last e3, all list was true and they took ori out at last minute, even will of wisps name got out
Which leaves Lastnight, whose Dev i know and i was the one who was postin ghis gifs since 2 years here on this site only wilco noticed so yeah
Sony showed more new shit like Valfaris and Sundered
Valfaris is announced too at E3 and Vane and Sundered was announced last years end around psx , so Nope

Also listen to cliffy, he says anyone would want big market share , there are here for business, so indies have to be on PS4 for $ else their loss, maybe in PS5 days indie would matter more, but not right now
People need games and Sony have plenty from f2p to AA to AAA, people dont have time infact to play all of them

Let it die is making money for Suda, 3 million downloads and it will grow
Show love for some solid f2ps too

I have attended PSX physically every single year, so I know what’s what.

This time get one of Sony guy and ask them about indie support , that will be far more productive to criticize them directly

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 28 June 2017 06:01 PM
SoccerDude28 - 28 June 2017 12:29 PM

Funny how that same game you mentioned was only shown in indiecade. 2 years ago, that would have been in the Sony booth

Cuphead was announced 3 years ago but you had audacity to mention it as MS pipeline
Because MS showed it at all fo 3 e3s
Ori2 was leaked to be shown t last e3, all list was true and they took ori out at last minute, even will of wisps name got out
Which leaves Lastnight, whose Dev i know and i was the one who was postin ghis gifs since 2 years here on this site only wilco noticed so yeah

Yeah but they are sticking with them is my point and not dropping them like Rime, Edith Finch or Wattam. You are bragging how these games came to PS4, but that was because they have been in development for so long on that platform, and Sony dropped them. It is a blessing that lots of Sony devs went to Annapurna and bought Edith Finch from Sony, because otherwise, that game would have been abandoned like Rime.

Look at it from this perspective. Phil Spencer started ID@XBox for the sole reason of bringing indies to the XBox platform. Sony killed their internal indie publishing arm in Santa Monica that brought games you always mention you love like Journey, and all the pixel junk games. You don’t think the indie tide will shift over now to the XBox like it was in the 360 era because of the shift in indie support from Sony to MS?

I have attended PSX physically every single year, so I know what’s what.

This time get one of Sony guy and ask them about indie support , that will be far more productive to criticize them directly

Lol you are funny Grin You really think I can get a hold of Shawn Layden and he will be like, yeah of course, this multi-billion dollar company is just going to do what you ask.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 28 June 2017 06:26 PM

You don’t think the indie tide will shift over now to the XBox like it was in the 360 era because of the shift in indie support from Sony to MS?

Indie will follow money and market and Sony have both and more
PS4 got (Pdead)Inside in a month and JoBlow, 2 of the MS dear fellas in 360 era

If they will follow MS, they will loose money and market which is only increasing on the double for sony
And you are speculating too much of future based on weak links , i think you should enjoy whats being released and releasing within one year

First MS ,Ninty have to meet the number of quality games already rel on PS4 before we can start about what will future bring

I can get a hold of Shawn Layden and he will be like, yeah of course, this multi-billion dollar company is just going to do what you ask.

I think you can easily meet Gio and Asad and share your sentiments
Plenty of gaffers met them last 2 years
Moreover you can directly approach them through social media
And yes if you know how to make them talk, they talk

Phil Spencer started ID@XBox for the sole reason of bringing indies to the XBox platform

Phil is a hack who doesnt want AAA singleplayer but wants to fill the void with backward compatibility and investments in Indies
And some indies who have chance to make money or stand out visually so that he can prefer his cheap 4 or 5 million type investments on them like he gave to AA PhantomDust by Darkside

Let me tell you again, PS4 cannot depend upon indies, people can play them on PC, most of them, including MS ones, so Jim has a point from strategical pov
Now Indie needs Sony , which are now rel on PC/steam anyway
Gamers will buy console for AAA heavy hitters not on anything but PS4 family

You arent living in the time where Indies will rel on just console , not even Japanese games are loyal on that front unless there is a deal
Indies are available everywhere, some even on tablets and swatch

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 28 June 2017 09:43 PM

money and market and Sony have both and more

For now they do, but remember, Sony wasn’t number one in the PS3 era so things do change, especially when you become arrogant.

If they will follow MS, they will loose money and market which is only increasing on the double for sony

It might come to PS4 but a while later. Just like The Witness came to XBOne. Also there is Steam, plus the extra marketting exposure they get from MS which matters a ton. Look at us now talking about Last Night and Ashen whereas if they weren’t highlighted by MS, we would have glossed over them. It is especially important for indie games.

I think you can easily meet Gio and Asad and share your sentiments

I know how they look like but I didn’t see them. There are thousands of people at PSX so finding someone is hard.

Phil is a hack who doesnt want AAA singleplayer but wants to fill the void with backward compatibility and investments in Indies

Man you are complaining about a guy who is giving us backwards compatibility for free when Sony wants to charge you for games again by either HD remakes of already great looking PS3 games like God of War 3, or make you pay for PS Now shit. In the case of Sotc, this is the second HD release. When PS5 comes out, they will have it again.  I can’t get rid off my PS3 and I know it might sound like not a big deal, but I have limited space in my house. Thanks to Phil I got rid off the xbox 360, and I only have one XBox console. To me it is a big deal. Plus AAA games, let’s be realistic, as much as I hate to admit it, the AAA single player game is in decline and the biggest buzzward of E3 is GAS. Like it or hate it, GAS is the future. Just look at successes like GTA 5 online, Rainbow Siege, Overwatch, Destiny, Hearthstone, Playerunknown’s Battleground etc… Why make a game that costs 60 when you can make so much more in GAS.

Let me tell you again, PS4 cannot depend upon indies, people can play them on PC, most of them, including MS ones, so Jim has a point from strategical pov

Not everyone who plays console plays PC. I do and you do, but many gamers don’t. It is not depending solely on indies, but it is an extra reason to buy one, because if you wanted to play the best indies during the Boyes era, you needed a PS4

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 29 June 2017 01:49 AM

Thanks to Phil I got rid off the xbox 360, and I only have one XBox console. To me it is a big deal

And soon thanks to him people got rid of OG XBone and soon xbone S and then 2 years later X Grin

Man you are complaining about a guy who is giving us backwards compatibility for free

He is panicking and rel old games to fill the void, no sir some of xbox games dont look good

In the case of Sotc, this is the second HD release

Its a remake like REmake or TR Anniversary and its killer app
If i had no ps4, i would have bought PS4 for Sotc remake
Btw check gow 3 sale on PSN , its as good as free…grab it while its hot

When PS5 comes out, they will have it again

Max a patch to boost or upscale existing games but i believe you will able to run all PS4 games on ps5
You can call me if that doesnt happen, this whole hires versions are for ps5 too
Which is practicality 3 years away at max

Plus AAA games, let’s be realistic, as much as I hate to admit it, the AAA single player game is in decline and the biggest buzzward of E3 is GAS. Like it or hate it, GAS is the future. Just look at successes like GTA 5 online, Rainbow Siege, Overwatch, Destiny, Hearthstone, Playerunknown’s Battleground etc… Why make a game that costs 60 when you can make so much more in GAS.

All the more reason and fuel to love Beth and Sony and layden Tongue
I love SP and playing games for SP
My hope are Devs who support single player games not a hack Spencer who tried to shoehorn coop in scalebound and killed it
And gave 5 million to Darkside for multi only Phantomdust 2
Even Ubi is adding campaigns in FOrHonor or SkullnBones
Shame on Spencer

While [Microsoft] are doubling down on games as services, such as Minecraft and Sea of Thieves, and community driven PC-friendly titles like Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds and State of Decay, Sony continue to invest in lavish, story-driven AAA blockbusters. Does Layden agree with that assessment of the respective philosophies?

“My philosophy is to play to my strengths,” he argues. “And if you look at the studios we have - Naughty Dog, Guerrilla, Santa Monica Studios, Japan Studios - that’s what we do well. We do story. We create characters. I was so gratified to see the response to [Horizon Zero Dawn protagonist] Aloy when she showed up on the screen and the crowd went wild.

“Those are the kind of things we do well. It’s what we’re known for. It really speaks to our entertainment DNA. We wish to entertain. We wish to make you happy. We wish to make you cry. That whole range of emotions we can pluck at to make you have a great experience.

“Games as a service? We have a bit of that with our MLB [The Show] title - it’s got the same virtual currency a lot of sports have - and we have other titles that come up that play in that space. But if you want to make a big generalisation about what does Worldwide Studios do? We’re big on character. We’re big on story.”

Rekt

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 29 June 2017 04:57 AM

And soon thanks to him people got rid of OG XBone and soon xbone S and then 2 years
later X Grin

S and X are equivalent to Slim and Pro, so it’s not like they have more consoles. Plus they all play the same games.

He is panicking and rel old games to fill the void, no sir some of xbox games dont look good

Having XBOX One play old games is a huge investment from him and takes time to build, so I doubt he is doing it because of “panic” like you frame it. He is trying to right the ship that was heading the wrong way, and with BC, ID@XBox, and their gamepass, they seem to be doing it right.

Its a remake like REmake or TR Anniversary and its killer app

Killer App SOTC is NOT (at least in terms of sales). Everyone was asking for Last Guardian, and the whole stage erupted remember when they announced it? Well here are the sales.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/top-10-uk-sales-chart-the-last-guardian-fails-to-b/1100-6446169/

If i had no ps4, i would have bought PS4 for Sotc remake

Btw check gow 3 sale on PSN , its as good as free…grab it while its hot

Meh I already have it and played it on PS3, and it looks good enough for me there.

All the more reason and fuel to love Beth and Sony and layden Tongue
I love SP and playing games for SP
My hope are Devs who support single player games not a hack Spencer who tried to shoehorn coop in scalebound and killed it
And gave 5 million to Darkside for multi only Phantomdust 2
Even Ubi is adding campaigns in FOrHonor or SkullnBones
Shame on Spencer

My wife works for Ubi, and Yves said he wants to have most of his games going forward be GAS. And Ubi is not the only one. Activision-Blizzard, EA etc… That is the future. Sony can afford putting out single player games because they rely more on hardware and third party sales, but if Sony was solely a software maker like EA, they would have to do GAS too.

“My philosophy is to play to my strengths,” he argues. “And if you look at the studios we have - Naughty Dog, Guerrilla, Santa Monica Studios, Japan Studios - that’s what we do well. We do story. We create characters. I was so gratified to see the response to [Horizon Zero Dawn protagonist] Aloy when she showed up on the screen and the crowd went wild.

“Those are the kind of things we do well. It’s what we’re known for. It really speaks to our entertainment DNA. We wish to entertain. We wish to make you happy. We wish to make you cry. That whole range of emotions we can pluck at to make you have a great experience.

“Games as a service? We have a bit of that with our MLB [The Show] title - it’s got the same virtual currency a lot of sports have - and we have other titles that come up that play in that space. But if you want to make a big generalisation about what does Worldwide Studios do? We’re big on character. We’re big on story.”

Rekt

Honestly, Sony is in a state of privilege now because they are the market leader thanks to all the MS gaffs, so they can afford doing that. But you are also undermining one very important aspect.

Two of the most successful big scale games on PS4 do not come from Sony but from Activision (Call of Duty and Destiny). Those 2 play a huge role in the popularity of the PS4, because the PS4 is seen as the place to play these 2 games like the XBOX 360 was for COD last generation.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Never saw this Vane footage, makes AssO and Eagle Ubi look bad
So good

SoccerDude28 - 29 June 2017 12:38 PM

Having XBOX One play old games is a huge investment from him and takes time to build, so I doubt he is doing it because of “panic” like you frame it. He is trying to right the ship that was heading the wrong way, and with BC, ID@XBox, and their gamepass, they seem to be doing it right

If he had as much Sony AAA games and long list of Sony titles he would not be investing on old shit
Plus just in, OG Xbox games dont have widescreen support , talk about investment
Phil is a hack
And yes we remember how much of a debacle Halo Collection was

Killer App SOTC is NOT

Neither is Shenmue nor TLG but you saw the reaction, its a quality over quantity
Its not like 200 Goty winner Lastofus sell more than GTa5 or Garry’s Mod

Meh I already have it and played it on PS3, and it looks good enough for me there

Hmm is it 60fps, its game changer and Dualshock too

My wife works for Ubi

Please ask her to forward your email to Gio about indies, you have internal links now to meet Sony crew

Yves said he wants to have most of his games going forward be GAS

Yes so said their fiscal call report too, inject service in all still not worse than MS

Sony can afford putting out single player

Not afford but Vision to take bets on SP, its their ideology, they take hit, HZD could have been flop considering the negativity around GG as noobs or average and watnot
MS has more money than Sony to bleed, MS is fkin giant, but they never see games as art like Sony they see it as commercial product, same reason why you never got Halflife3
If it was Sony they would have made it years ago
Characters
They gave your Joel to Toriko to Aloy after kratos and Jak etc
MS gave you MChief and Gears and then ??? And just compare them, 2 fukin marines how original
Lets not talk about Kirby,mario and pokemon eternal loophole since decades

those 2 play a huge role

Indeed, as soon as MS naughtydog i.e Bungie left them, and Epic their Santamonica too MS lost the game completely, they have no AAA studio left
And with Destiny2&3 leading PS5 , MS has even more uphill battle, Halo 343i is dying a slow death, its sales worse than UC series now

not the only one. Activision-Blizzard, EA etc… That is the future.

Yesterday i was having this discussion with my Pals, how much D3 sucked and how much they are fucking with fans with expansions , D1&2 days of Blizzard are over Frown
Surmised in this video, must check

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 30 June 2017 02:01 AM

Never saw this Vane footage, makes AssO and Eagle Ubi look bad
So good

I played it at PSX and it was real bad. There is no tutorial or quests or anything and just fly randomly. It needs a lot of work. I gave Devs feedback, not sure if they listened or not.

If he had as much Sony AAA games and long list of Sony titles he would not be investing on old shit
Plus just in, OG Xbox games dont have widescreen support , talk about investment

He did say he is concentrating heavily on First party now that the platform is in place so we’ll see. Also the assets of XBOX games are made for standard res. To have wide res, you need to rework all the assets or it would look like stretch. Not sure what you expected.

Neither is Shenmue nor TLG but you saw the reaction, its a quality over quantity

Unfortunately quality is not always $$$

Please ask her to forward your email to Gio about indies, you have internal links now to meet Sony crew

Works for Ubi not Sony Smile

Not afford but Vision to take bets on SP, its their ideology, they take hit, HZD could have been flop considering the negativity around GG as noobs or average and watnot
MS has more money than Sony to bleed, MS is fkin giant, but they never see games as art like Sony they see it as commercial product, same reason why you never got Halflife3

Remember that divisions of companies work separately and have own budget. So just because MS has billions doesn’t mean XBOX has access to all of it. Depends on the budget they decide to allocate. But going back to your point, of course it is a business even for Sony. Sucker Punch’s game didn’t sell too well and they layed off a huge chunk of the studio. Also Shenmue 3, they wouldn’t take a risk on it until they verified that it is viable business wise by doing the kickstarter. You can thank my buddy Adam Boyes for that one. It was his idea. Honestly, they have a good gig with Activision for Destiny and COD, top 2 games, so they can ask their devs to do single player. Also, the forte of their studios is single player, so it is a good fit.

MS gave you MChief and Gears and then ??? And just compare them, 2 fukin marines how original

Kameo and Blinx:P Man I so want a Kameo sequel. The first one had so many good ideas. But yeah, MS first party is their weakness.

Lets not talk about Kirby,mario and pokemon eternal loophole since decades

Come on, Mario is Mickey Mouse of games. Ask anyone on the street who Jak or Ratchet is, and unless they are gamer, they wouldn’t know, but everyone knows Mario.

Yesterday i was having this discussion with my Pals, how much D3 sucked and how much they are fucking with fans with expansions , D1&2 days of Blizzard are over Frown
Surmised in this video, must check

You know Hearthstone, a card game reportedly made Blizzard 400 million dollars in 2016. If Sony sold 5 million Horizons for 60 dollars each, that will amount to 300 million. In reality that number is less, because there is retail cost, production cost, then sales etc… How can a business not want that kind of profit? And it is recurring. You sell Horizon, you make your money. With HS, they keep making expansions, so that 400 million will probably be doubled this year,

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 30 June 2017 02:55 AM

I played it at PSX and it was real bad. There is no tutorial or quests or anything and just fly randomly. It needs a lot of work. I gave Devs feedback, not sure if they listened or not

Every Ubi game plays bad except maybe FC

Not sure what you expected.

Some hard work like PhantomDust

Unfortunately quality is not always $$$

Doesnt mean you go mobile type shit service tier games
Sony can balance off bottomline with other mainstream stuff

Works for Ubi not Sony Smile

Then please ask her to force Splintercell SP as a priority Smile

Remember that divisions of companies work separately and have own budget. So just because MS has billions doesn’t mean XBOX has access to all of it. Depends on the budget they decide to allocate

Sony said they are ivesting more in first party, the change in nature is thanks to Kaz who is opposite of no gamer executive head Satia

But going back to your point, of course it is a business even for Sony. Sucker Punch’s game didn’t sell too well and they layed off a huge chunk of the studio

Yes, better to die off making quality than GAS tier shit
But SP core team is same, that would worry me
They can hire labor from anywhere even outsource it
HZD to Nier is outsourced to brazil and India, no issue, core team matters

Also Shenmue 3, they wouldn’t take a risk on it until they verified that it is viable business wise by doing the kickstarter. You can thank my buddy Adam Boyes for that one. It was his idea

Nope it was Cerny pulling strings, on twitter hinting since years, hanging with Yu and he has a top level say, just like grabbing Kojima and hooking Decima engine in his veins
Adam type executives dont work on corporate level support
Sega wont even talk with Boyes types
Not to mention , cerny had panels with Yu and mentioned how much he loved Shenmue
Same thing with Crash

Cerny is an Ace card of Sony

Honestly, they have a good gig with Activision for Destiny and COD, top 2 games, so they can ask their devs to do single player. Also, the forte of their studios is single player, so it is a good fit.

Not sure i follow your drift here

But yeah, MS first party is their weakness

If it was Sony, journos and you would be hammering this fact 24/7

Come on, Mario is Mickey Mouse of games. Ask anyone on the street who Jak or Ratchet is, and unless they are gamer, they wouldn’t know, but everyone knows Mario.

Yes like more people would know Arnold or Tomcruise but not DanielDaylewis
But there is more, Ninty is stagnant in terms of creating new characters, the reason why people know is because they are shoving same mario to every new generation and every parent line buy their kids new mario because Ninty is stuck on mario and keep advertising one brand
If Sony had one brand of character in all games, many would have known Ratchet
Heck miyamoto was making Splatoon with Marios, thankfully he got duped by creative team

You know Hearthstone, a card game reportedly made Blizzard 400 million dollars in 2016. If Sony sold 5 million Horizons for 60 dollars each, that will amount to 300 million. In reality that number is less, because there is retail cost, production cost, then sales etc… How can a business not want that kind of profit? And it is recurring. You sell Horizon, you make your money. With HS, they keep making expansions, so that 400 million will probably be doubled this year

Well gaming industry thanfully is not yet rife with capitalists minded bottmline driven moneymakers maybe because Shu and Kaz have japanese artistic soul left in them and not your typical western executives
The reason it attracts many other is Art and creativity not just money
And thats a huge plus for fans like us and why we love Sony
You only get people running after every successful idea and saturate market to same shitty ideas recycled like you were complaining against Asscreed and praising indies
But it needs ballz of steel to fund Cage games or HZD 47 million shit

Its about balancing your portfolio , problem with MS is they are making all shit GAS
If they had balls , they would make 4 new ips each 2 years , 2 SP and 2 Moneymakers GAS shit, no they would make all GAS with 4 million cheap investments
They even killed Deadrising with Dr4 and probably funding their next game , capcom vancouver is not same company anymore, core has left
And Dr4 was cheap af production

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Last day of June from Murasakibaby guys not on X rel aug

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 30 June 2017 03:43 AM

Every Ubi game plays bad except maybe FC

Don’t tell wilco that Tongue But come on, you are not a fan of POP:SOT or BG&E? Also Assassin’s Creed 2 + Brotherhood were amazing, and according to wilco Black Flag as well. And then there are the ubi art gems like Rayman Origins/Legend, Valiant Hearts and Child of Light. Lots of awesome games.

Some hard work like PhantomDust

You are not serious are you? I assume you know there is a difference between hardware emulation and remaking a game and all its assets. You expect them to go game by game (some third party) and remaking all the assets plus engineering for wide screen support?And doing all that (which costs loads of money) and giving it to you for free?

Doesnt mean you go mobile type shit service tier games

Forza, Quantum Break, and Gears 4 are mobile tier games? Forza is regarded at this point superior to GT by everyone except the Sony hardcore, and Quantum Break taxes my GTX 1080. I doubt an iPhone can run it.

Then please ask her to force Splintercell SP as a priority Smile

Okay she’ll ask and they will listen, because that’s how midsize and large publicly traded companies work. An employee can ask for something, and the CEO and executives will just do what they ask for. Come on nomad   Pan

Yes, better to die off making quality than GAS tier shit

Tell that to the employees that lose their jobs and have families to support.

Nope it was Cerny pulling strings, on twitter hinting since years, hanging with Yu and he has a top level say, just like grabbing Kojima and hooking Decima engine in his veins

This video that I have seen before:

sounds to me like Boyes had a hand in it.

Not sure i follow your drift here

I mean they have GAS games, they are just third party (Destiny and COD and Battlefront). Hell they even built their platform to be more social.

If it was Sony, journos and you would be hammering this fact 24/7

Sony has more first party studios than MS, that’s a fact no one is disputing. But at the rate they have been closing some of those, not sure how long that will be the case.

Yes like more people would know Arnold or Tomcruise but not DanielDaylewis
But there is more, Ninty is stagnant in terms of creating new characters, the reason why people know is because they are shoving same mario to every new generation and every parent line buy their kids new mario because Ninty is stuck on mario and keep advertising one brand
If Sony had one brand of character in all games, many would have known Ratchet
Heck miyamoto was making Splatoon with Marios, thankfully he got duped by creative team

To drag Mario down to Arnold level is an insult. According to most journos who are unbiased like yourself, Super Mario Bros series is one of the best in the history of games period. Give the plumber some respect. Plus if it wasn’t for Mario, Sony would probably not even be making games right now, and we wouldn’t be having this discussion. Also Just because Mario is in a game does not make it the same thing. The gameplay between the platformers is radically different. Tell me that Super Mario Galaxy (one of my favorite games ever) plays like Odyssey. One is small planets, whereas the other one is more open world. Plus the whole hat mechanic is super unique and creative.

Well gaming industry thanfully is not yet rife with capitalists minded bottmline driven moneymakers maybe because Shu and Kaz have japanese artistic soul left in them and not your typical western executives

Oh get off your high horse already. If Sony’s first party games weren’t making money, they wouldn’t be making them and they would be laying off their employees. They actually tried to get into GAS last gen by games like MAG and Warhawk and Twisted Metal, but these games failed and they sacked the studios making them, which might be why they doubled down on single player. Sony is as much a capitalistic business as any other company (even more so with their bureaucratic nature of having several divisions that barely talk to each other)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 30 June 2017 05:22 PM

Don’t tell wilco that Tongue But come on, you are not a fan of POP:SOT or BG&E? Also Assassin’s Creed 2 + Brotherhood were amazing, and according to wilco Black Flag as well. And then there are the ubi art gems like Rayman Origins/Legend, Valiant Hearts and Child of Light. Lots of awesome games

Yeah now where are them indies and games like SoT
I wasnt talking about Ubi in ps2 or ps3 era, i think we were talking about current climate not Diabl2 or BGE era free from GAS shit

And doing all that (which costs loads of money) and giving it to you for free?

Not free, and yes make it like RE games which are still being sold 1+ million like RE5
Oh but i know Xbox catalog is so bad they would not want Blink remaster, who will buy that so they have to make it free even with remaster so might as well as emulate it
And ofcourse its not Sony Sotc with any critically acclaimed worth too

Okay she’ll ask and they will listen

She can bug them at Shareholder meeting but that was not all serious comment
SC is coming, yves mentioned in E3, and it will have SP as always and had multi before
And it will probably be another ubi gamedesign , not anywhere close to ChaosTheory

Tell that to the employees that lose their jobs and have families to support

Join other business if you solely want money to survive and if you are creatively bankrupt?
There are Cuphead Devs who slept in their cars for making games they want
Now have their homes on mortgage
Many others like them
And yes they have to go through lots of struggle to achieve their creative vision and art
Every nobody with no gaming experience is coming to industry for making money and future and the reason why its mostly factory products now

Last thing industry want is to become money making machine with recycled gamedesigns and bad design, which thanks to support by guys like you will become if not already

Same reason why Sony closed studios, make creative games and die rather than making money on Hearthstone and WoW type shit
Halflife3 or WoW2, if i have to select one i will always go HL3
And that explains the diff between you and me

sounds to me like Boyes had a hand in it

Go back to 2013
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=531588

And yes Shenmue also bled money so yeah Yu Suzuki gets more respect than Bobby Kottick or Yves Tongue not for his survival and support for family nor for making hit game

But making a game for sensibilities that made Cerny to force a return
Reason why in the end Sotc or Shenmue have soul and your GAS are just well oiled machines

To drag Mario down to Arnold level is an insult.

Its insult for Arnold infact, Mario is prob the worst design, a midget with mustaches and damn ugly design
It shows how marketing works, how can you sell and invade minds with ugliest of designs
Also Shialebouf comment i posted before remember?

Give the plumber some respect

Why? Go play Metro , read Metro books, that far more mature and intellectually simulating

Sony would probably not even be making games right now

Hahaha you dont know how Ken Kutagari vision was unfit for Shitendo and he duped the whole Nintendo to cut his ties and make PSX which is my taste also screwed U64 in process, google it
Nintendo was/is a hack with every E3 filled with same names in different games mostly

Imagine Crash or Jak slaying colossus in Sotc or slaying machines in HZD
Thats nintendo
Only that they cannot make stories and their games hardly have VAs or script
Zelda was bad try so was OtherM
Epic fail in that regard

Oh get off your high horse already.

With your arguments i would rather buy another high horse
You havent made a single reasonable point

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 01 July 2017 01:34 AM

Yeah now where are them indies and games like SoT

BG&E 2 is coming ASS Origins looks great, so does Far Cry 5. Oh and there is also South Park.

Not free, and yes make it like RE games which are still being sold 1+ million like RE5

You want to buy the same game multiple times fine, but I just want to put my old game in the console and play it. You are only saying that because Sony shafted you with PS4 when it comes to backwards compatibility and they want you to pay for it. They are selling PS2 games on their store for 15 dollars.

She can bug them at Shareholder meeting but that was not all serious comment

Yeah because that’s how businesses works. Stop saying idiotic things.

There are Cuphead Devs who slept in their cars for making games they want
Now have their homes on mortgage
Many others like them

You are expecting devs to sell their houses and sleep in their cars so they can make you a game you enjoy. Man people like you are why the game industry is the worst place to work.

WoW type shit

You are serious? WOW is shit? One of the best games ever made is shit? 15 million players at its peak, a cultural phenomena is shit.

And yes Shenmue also bled money so yeah Yu Suzuki gets more respect than Bobby Kottick or Yves Tongue not for his survival and support for family nor for making hit game

Yu is developer not CEO. Once he becomes CEO and has shareholders than talk to me.

T
Its insult for Arnold infact, Mario is prob the worst design, a midget with mustaches and damn ugly design

Okay I’m done now. You are just trolling.

Why? Go play Metro , read Metro books, that far more mature and intellectually simulating

I have played Metro, Mario is better.

Hahaha you dont know how Ken Kutagari vision was unfit for Shitendo and he duped the whole Nintendo to cut his ties and make PSX which is my taste also screwed U64 in process, google it

If Nintendo did not make lots of money, a big part because of Mario, Sony wouldn’t be interested in getting in the console business at the time. They were a hardware company.

With your arguments i would rather buy another high horse
You havent made a single reasonable point

You who said that my wife should talk to shareholders to make them make a game. You say Mario is shitty design when Super Mario Bros 2/3 and Super Mario 64 are considered some of the best (if not the best ever game). You are even saying Metro is better. Also asking devs to work from their cars so you can play your games. Oh and WOW is shit. And I’m not making reasonable points?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 01 July 2017 01:43 PM

ASS Origins looks great, so does Far Cry 5

SoccerDude28 - 26 June 2017 01:59 AM

and not spewing out Assassin’s Creed 15 or Final Fantasy 20

You are trolling actually

You are only saying that because Sony shafted you with PS4 when it comes to backwards compatibility and they want you to pay for it.

I hardly used PS2 BC on PS3 fat, many games were not widescreen
And yes Jak collection and Okami HD on Ps3 were much better, i would play classic game reworked than emulated in bad way
Its a preference

Yeah because that’s how businesses works. Stop saying idiotic things.

My close neighbor friends are working in 343i, ActivisionBlizzard to name a few and i have worked for EA outsourced project too i know hot it works
However i dont know if Ubi is just more formal and centralized

You are expecting devs to sell their houses and sleep in their cars so they can make you a game you enjoy

No they are sleeping in cars to make the game they like, not what market wants like Ubi

Gr2 to last of us, creative control Tongue is the way to go
All your GAS shit is derived from focus group and money making schemes

Man people like you are why the game industry is the worst place to work

ND and GG is far better place than Ubi or AB
And both dont force GAS into singleplayer games like they did with Diablo3 or Ubi game
Nor are creatively bankrupt

Creativity and quality is Videogames for you its a business first how typical

15 million players at its peak, a cultural phenomena is shit

Yes like candycrush,angrybirds quality > quantity
And it looks shit just like decade old game it once was
Try FF14 for better graphics atleast but again since you defend mario and CCrush
I think its safe to say your preference

Yu is developer not CEO. Once he becomes CEO and has shareholders than talk to me.

I have got my dream game sequel which is thanks to Sony and Sega
why talk to you later?

I have played Metro, Mario is better.

Amazing art and story innit?
So cool to control same midget after 30 years, same thing over and over is the definition of insanity

Sony wouldn’t be interested in getting in the console business at the time

Well Ken thought NES was backward and even SNES and wanted CD format because of quality but Shitendo was same low chipset mind it is now and didnt budge so Ken/Sony made its own
It all started because Ninty had underwhelming hardware at best and its cartridges and cheap chipset mentality was holding it back just like Cheap af Switch which cannot even run Steep properly or FIFA
You can google articles before your speculation based on hunch

You who said that my wife should talk to shareholders to make them make a game

Not make the game, forward the proposition, yes even Nintendo was hammered with Mobile games query by shareholders before they made Mario mobile
Yves is getting pitches of SCell already, i was just kiddin on that point but you want to drag that point its still viable
People have a say, its just how you word and where

You say Mario is shitty design when Super Mario Bros 2/3 and Super Mario 64 are considered some of the best

i rest my case, if thats aesthetically stimulating for you
Well have fun, i am not stopping you but i have right to call this design ugly af

You are even saying Metro is better. Also asking devs to work from their cars so you can play your games. Oh and WOW is shit. And I’m not making reasonable points?

People are buying this so its quality is not a reasonable argument period, people buy alot of shit , mainstream is for lowest common denominator anyway by and large, i have my own taste and preference then i look at market , you are otherway around

Amazing designs

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top