• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

E3 2017

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

As expected some bad news fro BGE2

It combines elements of online worlds, early-access releases, role-playing games, and procedural generation. It’s also, admittedly, still pretty rough around the edges. Many of the game’s key elements — from graphics to combat to narrative — are still being implemented.

Because we have the technology for it.” He describes the game’s current status as “day zero of development.”

The version of the game I saw, meanwhile, was still in a very early state. The graphics were mostly placeholder (Ancel says that “two weeks ago there were no graphics”) while aspects like combat and any kind of narrative aspect had yet to be implemented.

As usual Ubi fans duped , told you it was all smoke and mirrors
At this rate not only we might get it after DS,Cpunk,S3 etc

Online and Earlyaccess plus feedback system can be damaging af

BGE was about creative control, unique game without focus group but now its going into all the bad cliched directions of AAA,KS and Steam

There is more

Players start with a customizable character. Maybe you’re a cool monkey man. Maybe you’re a swashbuckling lady. You start in a low social station, maybe as a slave.

it’ll play like an action role-playing game. The player’s teammates will level up. You’ll get XP for doing actions (Brunier got 2XP for colliding into one of the flying cars in the lanes connecting two of the demo’s cities).

“It’s the hero thing,” Ancel said. “You start as almost nothing and you have the point of view of this huge world where everything is possible but there are a lot of difficulties. We want the player to have the feeling of progression. It’s not just progressions of the character but of the crew and the team he is making.”

They will hand-make some content and let the computer do some of the other. Many of you reading are probably having No Man’s Sky flashbacks right now, but Ancel actually referenced Dwarf Fortress as an inspiration. The beloved, hardcore PC game generates new societies with their own mythology and history. “We have some techniques that allows us to populate the planet in a logical way,” Ancel said.

More here,

http://kotaku.com/what-beyond-good-evil-2-is-now-and-what-its-creators-1796116469

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 14 June 2017 10:44 PM

As expected some bad news fro BGE2

It combines elements of online worlds, early-access releases, role-playing games, and procedural generation. It’s also, admittedly, still pretty rough around the edges. Many of the game’s key elements — from graphics to combat to narrative — are still being implemented.

Because we have the technology for it.” He describes the game’s current status as “day zero of development.”

The version of the game I saw, meanwhile, was still in a very early state. The graphics were mostly placeholder (Ancel says that “two weeks ago there were no graphics”) while aspects like combat and any kind of narrative aspect had yet to be implemented.

As usual Ubi fans duped , told you it was all smoke and mirrors
At this rate not only we might get it after DS,Cpunk,S3 etc

Online and Earlyaccess plus feedback system can be damaging af

BGE was about creative control, unique game without focus group but now its going into all the bad cliched directions of AAA,KS and Steam

There is more

Players start with a customizable character. Maybe you’re a cool monkey man. Maybe you’re a swashbuckling lady. You start in a low social station, maybe as a slave.

it’ll play like an action role-playing game. The player’s teammates will level up. You’ll get XP for doing actions (Brunier got 2XP for colliding into one of the flying cars in the lanes connecting two of the demo’s cities).

“It’s the hero thing,” Ancel said. “You start as almost nothing and you have the point of view of this huge world where everything is possible but there are a lot of difficulties. We want the player to have the feeling of progression. It’s not just progressions of the character but of the crew and the team he is making.”

They will hand-make some content and let the computer do some of the other. Many of you reading are probably having No Man’s Sky flashbacks right now, but Ancel actually referenced Dwarf Fortress as an inspiration. The beloved, hardcore PC game generates new societies with their own mythology and history. “We have some techniques that allows us to populate the planet in a logical way,” Ancel said.

More here,

http://kotaku.com/what-beyond-good-evil-2-is-now-and-what-its-creators-1796116469

These elements do make me a little wary of the final game. I will still give Michel Ancel a chance though because of his pedigree.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Conferences
Ubisoft : B-
This seemed fun at the time but, On reflection I wasn’t as thrilled with the bunch of games. South Park, Far Cry 5 and Assassins Creed looked good and they went with the populist BGE2 announcement which had a fun trailer, but no real substance. The Crew 2 and that weird Elijah Wood thing did nothing for me and the Pirate and Space game I wont touch. The Mario/Rabbids this looks fun but overall not much to get exited about.

Bethesda : B+
I liked the Bethesdaland motif between the announcements. It was a bit twee, but at least it was something new. Wolf II and the Dishonored DLC were the highlights for me. Evil Within 2 looked ok, but I havn’t played the first one so didn’t stand out.

Nintendo : B
Typical Nintendo. Mario looked bonkers but fun, the Yoshi and Kirby games looked nice. Some decent 3rd party things coming for the Switch like Rocket League and Xenoblade 2. Solid performance that they tried to pad with logo announcements and promises of future game with no info.

Sony : A-
It felt a bit flat this year, mainly due to a lack of new games. It mainly showed off more of games they announced last year. So the big excitement of all those announcements last year isnt replicated. However it is a hughly solid line up of game I want to play. The two DLC’s at the start, God of War, Detroit and Spiderman all looked great. Days Gone may be ok and a remake of Shadow of the Collosus (Do the same to ICO please).

MS : C
Flashy new console but little reason given for me to want one. I’m sure that there will be more coming, but it seemed like they were trying to push it on the same platform that the PS Pro tried. i.e we dont actually have games for it, but it will make the ones you have work better. Too expensive and with no 4K tv not much point. Forza 7 looked great, but I prefer the Horizon games to the Sim approach. Metro looked nice, but never played the first couple. Crackdown 3 looked bad. Sea of Thieves looked fun and I can see playing this with the gang. Life is Strange prequal will be good, but new Chloe voice, no rewind powers and a story we already kind of know…..

The big game for me here was the gameplay for Anthem which looked really good. A Destiny style game for sure but if they pull it off and don’t Mass Effect Andromeda it then great. Bioware isnt really know for it’s action skills and are usually more into slower RPG story and character stuff.

EA : D
Besides A Way Out is the only thing that really interested me here and it’s Coop only. Need for Speed looked fine and Battlefront II may be worth a shot, but nothing that blew my mind.

Games of the show: Spiderman, God of War, Anthem, Far Cry 5 and Wolfenstein.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

BGE2 taking a page from the FF7R team - lets announce it a think about how we’ll do it later Foot in mouth

BGE2 vs Death Stranding vs FF7R vs Metroid Prime 4 - which will take longer? The race is on! Smile

nomadsoul - 14 June 2017 07:32 PM
wilco - 14 June 2017 04:52 PM

We don’t need backwards compatibility because half a couple of games are being remade? No, do both, stuff like Killer 7 gets lost (or released on PC)

Some ports or just upscaled games dont look good, Jim ryan has a point
FF7,arcthelad etc

Yes Killer7 style has aged well can use just ps2 rel but remaster/remake would be even better
I mean look at RE0,Vanquish,wipeout,crash,silvercase and now Sotc etc

JIm Ryan is corporate shill, never has a point Tongue
Again, remakes are welcome but PS2 library is too big and amazing, a lot of stuff will get lost without backwards compatibility. They started to release some games on PS4 but sales were probably not good so they ditched it.
PC will save us, there’s already talk about Sega releasing Persona and DDS games after the Bayo and Vanquish success. Shenmue is only a matter of time.

Btw, the Xbox backwards compatibilty announcement, I never played on one, is there any gem in from that library to look forward to?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 15 June 2017 04:53 AM

BGE2 taking a page from the FF7R team - lets announce it a think about how we’ll do it later Foot in mouth

Actually i felt its Vivendi pressure and they wen all out to please shareholders and get fans buzz, Yves hand was forced to go all balls out so that it can save them
Too late for BGE though if Vivendi indeed takes over

BGE2 vs Death Stranding vs FF7R vs Metroid Prime 4 - which will take longer? The race is on! Smile

Others are more focused, i have not much confidence in MP4, inhouse team making FPS
Plus Switch hardware sucked at ZELDA

DS will be fast thanks to Horizon engine
Shenmue is moving with good pace too, both will be 2019
I think FF7 episode 1 will make it too around 2019

Beyond ended on cliffhanger, i am bit annoyed at make your own character RPG now wtf
BGE2 should have been 14 to 20 hrs single player, story focused game with great characters and hybrid high adventure than open world RPG

This is why i like Bethesda, make single player focused games

Again, remakes are welcome but PS2 library is too big and amazing, a lot of stuff will get lost without backwards compatibility. They started to release some games on PS4 but sales were probably not good so they ditched it.

Tell me how i can play SoTN or Ps2 contras without adjusting screen and fixing pixels or polygons in both?

PC will save us, there’s already talk about Sega releasing Persona and DDS games after the Bayo and Vanquish success. Shenmue is only a matter of time.

Also Yakuza talks, PC is now legit, grab some sales, did good to Nier
Shenmue HD will happen

Btw, the Xbox backwards compatibilty announcement, I never played on one, is there any gem in from that library to look forward to?

DoAX wilco will now buy Xbox X confirmed

But first and foremost get NG1n2 remaster

Edit

-Yoshida playing SP game since years but holding back announcement
Well atleast it will be a gameplay reveal now

-Ubisoft: AC Origins To Run at 4K/30 FPS On Both Pro and Xbox X , this a bad joke
If Metro and CPunk will be in parity with Pro then WTF is this shit really
X is a joke

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Alright, prediction time:

BGE2 - Considering it will actually somehow get released, if it’s actually Early Access I can see them pushing the first releae for Fall 2018/Early 2019 to get the train going and a big development time. If just final release it will never be before 2020/21.

FF7R - It’s Square and Nomura so I don’t think it will be out before 2020, even if episodic… FF15 took forever and a VR update has been shown in 2 E3s.

Death Stranding - Kojima doesn’t have a great track record and this seems very ambitious, Fall 2019 / Early 2020 if development goes well. The engine will help.

Metroid Prime 4 - Fall 2019 is my prediction, only way it will be sooner is if the game is further in development than we thought, if there is trailer reveal with gameplay before next E3, I can see a big blowout in E3 for a Fall 2018 release. But I think 2019 is the date

Shenmue 3 - Has to be 2019, probably rushed but the funds will end so a release will be needed

Cyberpunk - Seems like the has been having development problems with a reboot so I’m seeing 2020 now Frown

Residen Evil 2 Remake - No word doesn’t mean much from Capcom, if it’s actually still being made might be a E3 2018 reveal for early 2019 release like RE7 and now MHWorld

nomadsoul - 15 June 2017 07:27 AM

Tell me how i can play SoTN or Ps2 contras without adjusting screen and fixing pixels or polygons in both?

http://pcsx2.net/

DoAX wilco will now buy Xbox X confirmed

Nope, couldn’t deal with the downgrade in the volleyball gameplay Tongue
I remembered Shemnue is an original Xbox game, Microsoft should have announced backwards compatibility for that one just for the meltdowns Smile

-Ubisoft: AC Origins To Run at 4K/30 FPS On Both Pro and Xbox X , this a bad joke
If Metro and CPunk will be in parity with Pro then WTF is this shit really
X is a joke

Lol, Microsoft fuming…

Edit: Reading a Regie interview at Ign noe I’m sure MP4 is 2019 at least

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 15 June 2017 09:49 AM

FF7R - It’s Square and Nomura so I don’t think it will be out before 2020, even if episodic… FF15 took forever and a VR update has been shown in 2 E3s.

KH3 looks ace and new trailer in July so that will tide over but 2019 is best bet for episode 1 release else i cannot imagine SEnix not showing FF16 and not getting backlash for announcing another FF along with FF7R

BGE2 - Considering it will actually somehow get released, if it’s actually Early Access I can see them pushing the first releae for Fall 2018/Early 2019 to get the train going and a big development time. If just final release it will never be before 2020/21.

First rel mutha fukaaa WiLD, been 2 years and no release

Death Stranding - Kojima doesn’t have a great track record and this seems very ambitious, Fall 2019 / Early 2020 if development goes well. The engine will help.

Yeah logical , by 2020 we would know about ps5 rel

Metroid Prime 4 - Fall 2019 is my prediction, only way it will be sooner is if the game is further in development than we thought, if there is trailer reveal with gameplay before next E3, I can see a big blowout in E3 for a Fall 2018 release. But I think 2019 is the date

Habit of showing Zelda,Xeno2 for entire Wiiu gen warns me , plus i want to see footage if it can live to MP123 or its Met3ds/OtherM effort
i was expecting Platinum Metroid

Cyberpunk - Seems like the has been having development problems with a reboot so I’m seeing 2020 now Frown

Where you heard about trouble?
They are going for Bethesda reveal and release soon hook, so 2018 reveal and 2019 rel

Residen Evil 2 Remake - No word doesn’t mean much from Capcom, if it’s actually still being made might be a E3 2018 reveal for early 2019 release like RE7 and now MHWorld

Expecting TGS and PSX for RE2make and Rev3

I meant consoles and properly

Nope, couldn’t deal with the downgrade in the volleyball gameplay Tongue

This was exactly the reason why you need remaster/remake Tongue

Edit: Reading a Regie interview at Ign noe I’m sure MP4 is 2019 at least

Its reggie Tongue, but yeah they will need hitters more than ever…i think more Mario and Smashbros shit will fill the gap before MP4

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I did not hear a peep from 2K. Are they not interested in marketing their games anymore?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 15 June 2017 03:08 PM

I did not hear a peep from 2K. Are they not interested in marketing their games anymore?

Randy came to Keelay to talk about how much effort they are putting in Borderlands3 which is not officially announced but in works

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 15 June 2017 03:08 PM

Where you heard about trouble?
They are going for Bethesda reveal and release soon hook, so 2018 reveal and 2019 rel

I was pretty sure I saw something but now can’t find it… Maybe it was related to that hacking stuff. Taking so long to show anything doesn’t seem like a good sign but yeah, might be doing it like Bethesda.

nomadsoul - 15 June 2017 03:08 PM

I meant consoles and properly

If fans can make an emulator work great I’m sure Sony could also do it for PS4.

nomadsoul - 15 June 2017 03:13 PM
SoccerDude28 - 15 June 2017 03:08 PM

I did not hear a peep from 2K. Are they not interested in marketing their games anymore?[

Randy came to Keelay to talk about how much effort they are putting in Borderlands3 which is not officially announced but in works

They announced the XCOM2 expansion, don’t know if they showed NBA2K but also don’t have much else going on, BL3 seems like it will take some time.
Rockstar doesn’t really do E3

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Polygon is wondering the same thing:

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/12/15788966/sony-playstation-e3-indies

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 15 June 2017 04:57 PM

Polygon is wondering the same thing:

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/12/15788966/sony-playstation-e3-indies

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 15 June 2017 06:03 PM

Lol I love this guy. We didn’t get enough of him this E3.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 15 June 2017 07:14 PM

Lol I love this guy. We didn’t get enough of him this E3.

Check his entry

Ace combat 7 is back to PS2 flavor loving it

You know i realized one thing, gaming is pretty much dead except Miyazaki
Everything now is old becoming new or nostalgia
Best games were all sequels to old titles or extension of last 3 gens

Sotc,T7,MP4,Metro,wolf,Ace7,ew2 etc

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 15 June 2017 08:44 PM

You know i realized one thing, gaming is pretty much dead except Miyazaki
Everything now is old becoming new or nostalgia
Best games were all sequels to old titles or extension of last 3 gens

Sotc,T7,MP4,Metro,wolf,Ace7,ew2 etc

This is one I am psyched about. Didn’t get too much press coverage and it is not a sequel:

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top