• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Death Stranding

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 04 December 2016 08:29 PM

A creator of a company should never have obligations towards his employees if they got paid properly for their work and contracts don’t include multiple delays.
Konami’s owner is free to choose who he wants for a franchise if he ‘feels’ that is the right decision and will improve the profits.

Fixed

Smile

Follow and google Hayter interviews on youtube
Not only that DXHR/MD Adamjensen , pal of hayter didnt play MGSv to support hayter
Hayter himself said many things about kojima complex
If you fail to find it i will try finding it , since i have to dig again

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I have failed to find David giving the explicit reason why he was dropped.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 05 December 2016 12:15 PM

I have failed to find David giving the explicit reason why he was dropped.

Some excerpts from GI interview

https://www.vg247.com/2016/03/28/metal-gear-solid-actor-david-hayter-has-no-particular-love-for-hideo-kojima/

“I don’t think (Kojima) liked the fact that I got a lot of attention for the role when he was meant to be the rockstar for the whole thing, but that’s just conjecture.”

There are people like Mikami who not only made games but made Creators like Kamiya
Who doesnt want limelight

But with Kojima name appearing everywhere, he also includes himself as character, his name in game props etc Hayter is right.
Zoe2 direction was much better than Zoe1
MGSacid was better than Portable ops
MGS4n5 were joke without Fukushima as main writer
And MGS1,2,3 were never great games in terms of gameplay, quite crappy infact
Anyway
Konami heads saw his mutiny and his worth and kicked him out just like what he did with
Hayter
Karma is a bitch

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

nomadsoul - 05 December 2016 02:05 PM

“I don’t think (Kojima) liked the fact that I got a lot of attention for the role when he was meant to be the rockstar for the whole thing, but that’s just conjecture.”

He admits its conjecture though. So as worthy as someone sharing their speculations on why on a forum. I am willing to bet Kojima and Hayter barely communicated.

Zoe2 direction was much better than Zoe1

Zoe2 was a much bigger project though.

MGSacid was better than Portable ops

Sure can happen, PO was still a good game though.

MGS4n5 were joke without Fukushima as main writer

To you. MGS4’s storytelling was critically acclaimed. Not being your cup of tea is another thing. Also MGS4 had the burden of tying up all plotlines and Kojima considered response from fans, having to explain things that he otherwise wouldn’t have done(Vamp). I agree that it is the weakest of among the first four, but attributing this all to Fukushima’s absence making it sound as if Kojima piggybacked on the qualities of him is a bit extreme.

Kojima proved himself as writer with Policenauts and Snatcher. I am not one of those people trying to paint Kojima as the second-coming, I know how annoying that can be.
But the man has definitely proven himself, so trying to undermine him only because of an inner drive to go against the status quo is ridiculous.

I haven’t played MGS5 but from fan reactions it seems the concensus is that the problem is a lack of control by Hideo, suffering from the internal conflicts at Konami not being able to realize the game he originally envisioned.

And MGS1,2,3 were never great games in terms of gameplay, quite crappy infact

No they weren’t. You are doing that thing again where you are reviewing them in retrospect.

Konami heads saw his mutiny and his worth and kicked him out just like what he did with

Really? This is your conclusion?
Can’t it be more simple like Kojima and Konami figured going seperate ways was the best option? Konami pulling slowly out of the gaming market focusing more on pachinko machines, Kojima feeling he wanting nothing to do with it figuring he is much better off on his own with his own development company. So far he his future looks bright. Also from Konami’s perspective with this new company vision Kojima’s added value also diminishes.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 05 December 2016 03:43 PM

He admits its conjecture though. So as worthy as someone sharing their speculations on why on a forum. I am willing to bet Kojima and Hayter barely communicated

You didnt even read the article and listened to podcast
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podcasts/archive/2016/03/25/the-inside-story-of-recording-metal-gear-solid.aspx
Done with arguing with you
Considering zelda and mgs fans on net i am glad Konami kicked Koji out
No more MGS melodrama

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Great podcast, but no new info on the situation apart from things you posted.
He does affirm my suspicions that he barely knew Kojima. ‘I don’t know Kojima at all, really’.

I had a small exchange with David Hayter once through messages, believe it or not.
He always responded to people on his IMDB forum back in the days. I think his username was uberdave if I recall correctly. Still hope to meet him someday.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

GDT aint giving up

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Rumors of Emily blunt OR Emma stone or Vikander, what do you guys want??

I thing Blunt will be awesome af for this game

Blunt,Mads,Elba and Reedus
Bad assery to limits

Total Posts: 1620

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

not to go back to kojima vs konami for a second, but kojima strikes me as a dev who needs a big brother aka a company telling him when enough is enough, or else games would always be way over budget and never come out. others in that category are chris roberts aka the guy that made wing commander and now raised over 200 million from gamers for his new star citizen game and still is no where close to releasing it. Tim Schafer would be another one who is creative but needs a business man. Just my two cents on that.

as for mgs5, the story could have been more fleshed out but generally I liked the concept they were going for and after listening to all the tapes, I like what was there enough. I will say I think the gameplay is the best of the openworld games ive played in a long time. MGS5 really does allow you to play around. you can be all stealth, you can be an action star and go rambo, or you can be something in between and all play styles are fully fleshed out and are equally as effective and fun to mess around with.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Jdawg445 - 23 March 2017 03:38 AM

not to go back to kojima vs konami for a second, but kojima strikes me as a dev who needs a big brother aka a company telling him when enough is enough, or else games would always be way over budget and never come out. others in that category are chris roberts aka the guy that made wing commander and now raised over 200 million from gamers for his new star citizen game and still is no where close to releasing it. Tim Schafer would be another one who is creative but needs a business man. Just my two cents on that.

as for mgs5, the story could have been more fleshed out but generally I liked the concept they were going for and after listening to all the tapes, I like what was there enough. I will say I think the gameplay is the best of the openworld games ive played in a long time. MGS5 really does allow you to play around. you can be all stealth, you can be an action star and go rambo, or you can be something in between and all play styles are fully fleshed out and are equally as effective and fun to mess around with.

MGSV was very hollow affair considering 7+years and Silenthill demise
I believe if he had made SH instead of MSGV, world would have been better place
MGSV was fatigued and forced despite good base gameplay

Kojima could learn alot from MGSV debacle

What i want in DS

More epic, clever bossfights…
More better OST
More dialogues and cutscenes, yeah he overdid MGS4 but MGSV tapes pissed many fans off
So have a balance
Its actually cutting corners which was evident when he started recycling missions as part of narrative, sad
Pacing…learn from Horizon
Not over use A game by Hideo kojima in every new episode or chapters, thats fked up ego
Retain good elements of MGSV but now that Horizon shits on it, get GG feedback
Dont take 3years+

Problem with Schafer and kojima types is that they take alot of time and hype dies down better games come and thrash it with more efficiency
Its funny how they ask for experience in jobs but these planners and directors dont learn from their own experience of past released games

Total Posts: 1620

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

nomadsoul - 23 March 2017 11:05 AM
Jdawg445 - 23 March 2017 03:38 AM

MGSV was very hollow affair considering 7+years and Silenthill demise
I believe if he had made SH instead of MSGV, world would have been better place
MGSV was fatigued and forced despite good base gameplay

Kojima could learn alot from MGSV debacle

What i want in DS

More epic, clever bossfights…
More better OST
More dialogues and cutscenes, yeah he overdid MGS4 but MGSV tapes pissed many fans off
So have a balance
Its actually cutting corners which was evident when he started recycling missions as part of narrative, sad
Pacing…learn from Horizon
Not over use A game by Hideo kojima in every new episode or chapters, thats fked up ego
Retain good elements of MGSV but now that Horizon shits on it, get GG feedback
Dont take 3years+

Problem with Schafer and kojima types is that they take alot of time and hype dies down better games come and thrash it with more efficiency
Its funny how they ask for experience in jobs but these planners and directors dont learn from their own experience of past released games

I agree with much of what you say but it didnt bother me as much with the story bc I was having so much fun attacking missions in different ways, especially using quiet and D- dog.  I will agree with the whole putting his name all over the game and the worst part is he would spoil every mission in the game by telling you exactly who was going to be in that mission.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nomadsoul - 22 March 2017 08:41 PM

Rumors of Emily blunt OR Emma stone or Vikander, what do you guys want??

I approve of all three.

Blunt,Mads,Elba and Reedus
Bad assery to limits

As long as they give Mads Mikkelsen a huge part. Hollywood tends to underuse him in films (unless we’re talking about the Hannibal series). The more Mads, the better.
And the same goes for Elba.

How insanely badass is your lineup if Reedus is the weakest link? :o

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TimovieMan - 23 March 2017 03:46 PM

How insanely badass is your lineup if Reedus is the weakest link? :o

Hopefully its not just inclusion for Marketing and stuff
One of the major issues with MGSV was Keifer and his star status, which stymied the number of dialogue lines to be included
More lines, more money bleeding

With such stellar cast , it will be even more insane unless Sony gives blank check

Still i wonder

Also such cast is useless if cutscenes are gonna be as low as MGSV, it will be another openworld with piecemeal on screen stars and some gaming Voice celebrities talking more

Now Cage did fine with Ellen and Dafoe in Beyond

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Hopefully rumor is fake

:large

Because i want her,

Who also suits action stuff

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top