• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Do you always play games on the hardest setting?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Always on easy! I am not so good at tough puzzles.

Me too!

Laughing

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

If we’re talking puzzles, I’ll take them as difficult as is on offer. Unless the increased difficulty just means a tighter time limit, in which case no thanks.
And I played the Thief games all on the highest difficulty because that gave the best experience - the difficulty levels there affected the objectives you were given, not just how tough or persistent the enemies were. Of course given I was striving to avoid the enemies rather than fighting them in the first place, making them tougher wouldn’t have made a difference anyway.
But in general I’ll stick to ‘Normal’. If it’s a story-driven game with fighting in, I might even switch to ‘easy’ especially if the combat is on a separate slider.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Phlebas - 11 May 2016 11:24 AM

If we’re talking puzzles, I’ll take them as difficult as is on offer. Unless the increased difficulty just means a tighter time limit, in which case no thanks.
And I played the Thief games all on the highest difficulty because that gave the best experience - the difficulty levels there affected the objectives you were given, not just how tough or persistent the enemies were. Of course given I was striving to avoid the enemies rather than fighting them in the first place, making them tougher wouldn’t have made a difference anyway.
But in general I’ll stick to ‘Normal’. If it’s a story-driven game with fighting in, I might even switch to ‘easy’ especially if the combat is on a separate slider.

Thief on hard?

Respect +100 Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

nomadsoul - 11 May 2016 12:21 PM

Thief on hard?

Respect +100 Thumbs Up

Why thankyew!  Cool

(I should possibly clarify: I mean the original 3 games. I haven’t found time to play the reboot yet, but when I do I’ll at least give it a try on the hard setting if there is one)

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

It depends on the type of game. For adventure games, I always play on the hardest difficulty if there is a choice, because that mainly has to do with hints, which I avoid.

For platformers or FPS, I usually choose the easiest setting, when I play them at all, because the challenges they present are not the kind I enjoy, and I’m mainly playing them to explore the story or environment, not for the challenge of defeating enemies or making complex chains of moves.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2016-05-17

PM

I tend to stick to medium, ‘cause I’m dyspraxic so sometimes my aim is a little off or my reactions are a tad too slow.
If I just want to get through a game, I might even change it to easy. I’ve only done that once, ‘cause I wanted to finish it before exams or something so I made it easier on myself.

Total Posts: 44

Joined 2015-05-20

PM

In the rare case that an adventure game offers a difficulty setting, I go with hard. Other than that, I tend to go easy. I’m just not especially good at games that require reflexes, and the higher difficulty is just frustrating. If the hard setting adds some new wrinkle, I’ll give it a shot, but otherwise I pass.

Of course, I mostly play adventure games, so I don’t run into the problem very often Grin

Walking the fine line between being an original hardware nerd, and being broke from buying original hardware.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2016-07-23

PM

It actually depends on the game and the outcome, I prefer to play FPS on Hard/expert/ultra hard whatever the game has although if I am playing it for the story I prefer to put it to easy Grin.

Other games, I stick to Medium settings.

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2017-02-01

PM

yeah normally medium but i have friends who won’t play in anything other than hard since they think it’s the ... true game?

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

For adventure games or RPGs I usually play on hard (especially if the RPG is not real time).

I do cheat on old style RPGs though and try to find a way to remove random encounters (which usually make the bosses harder but the game so much more enjoyable and faster to finish)

For FPS, I usually play medium.

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2014-11-04

PM

I almost always play any kind of game on medium. I do like a challenge (unless it’s an Artifex Mundi game I’m playing to just kill time) but I find I get really easily frustrated on hard/evil/insane mode and that just kills the fun for me.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top