• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Metal Gear Solid V

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 23 January 2016 08:50 AM
wilco - 23 January 2016 08:30 AM

I don’t get it why Kojima decided it was a good idea to include recycled missions in the main one!!!!!!
Well, at least I got the Quiet dancing in the rain cutscene!

Because probably he had too little control in the end product.

7 years was sin, and its grave one indeed.
He sucks company money.
He sucked so much that it jeopardized SHs.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It is done! 75h and finished. Fantastic three quarters of a game. Last quarter was almost unbearable but still worth to see Quiet kicking ass and her ending.
The true ending was pretty meh and clearly there is stuff missing but, come on Kojima, 7 years isn’t enough to finish it?

I think Act 2 shouldn’t even exist and should be an epilogue with just a couple of missions that would actually end things.

Still a technical marvel and probably the best open-world gameplay available, certainly the best stealth game. Attention to detail and all possibilities is great. It loses to Witcher 3 in the story and characters and the world builiding and how it reacts to your actions.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 27 January 2016 07:34 AM

It is done! 75h and finished. Fantastic three quarters of a game. Last quarter was almost unbearable but still worth to see Quiet kicking ass and her ending.
The true ending was pretty meh and clearly there is stuff missing but, come on Kojima, 7 years isn’t enough to finish it?

I think Act 2 shouldn’t even exist and should be an epilogue with just a couple of missions that would actually end things.

Still a technical marvel and probably the best open-world gameplay available, certainly the best stealth game. Attention to detail and all possibilities is great. It loses to Witcher 3 in the story and characters and the world builiding and how it reacts to your actions.

Hard to choose but Dwalker helped me alot, jetting across chasing and watnot.
Which companion was your fav?
Yes gameplay wise the emergeng possibilities made it dope even with recycled environments.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 27 January 2016 11:44 AM

Hard to choose but Dwalker helped me alot, jetting across chasing and watnot.
Which companion was your fav?
Yes gameplay wise the emergeng possibilities made it dope even with recycled environments.

Quiet was best companion on the chopter… Naughty
But seriously on the main missions I used Quiet, she was overpowered and bailed me out a lot of times. On side missions D-Horse because it was the best to travel between places. D-Dog was cool but mostly just used him until I leveled up the bond.
Barely used Dwalker.

I played all missions trying to go all stealth, act 2 was also bad because it was mostly action stuff.

Total Posts: 1620

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

just beat mgs5 in about 80 hrs, below are my thoughts on gameplay and story so instead of yall just seeing a huge wall of black lines this will contain HEAVY SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually really loved this game, it is close to a 10 for me. this is the best open world gameplay I have ever seen, it runs smoothly and I beat this game on a last gen console aka xbox360. and as far as the story and the big twist at the end I really liked it. It shows that the legend of big boss is bigger than the actual man. I have read a lot of folks didnt like the character development, I thought this was some of the best since mgs3. For instance the quiet arc was great and I thought huey was one of the most interesting characters in the entire series. this man is a pure psychopath bc not only does he do terrible things, I think he actually believed all his lies. he experimented on his son murdered his wife strangelove very slowly and triple crossed everyone lol. there were some characters that I thought could have been a lot better such as skullface. I also thought that ocelot was very different than what we ever saw from any other mgs game, he was a lot more subdued, but that might be bc he hypnotized himself. I also thought that miller was always mad for no reason,but that might be bc he knew he was working for the fake big boss. I think they did a good enough job of incorporating this game into the overall story. Of course if you look close there are plot holes, but that doesnt bother me bc there will be plot holes in a franchise that started in the late 1980s where games didnt have much story. I do agree act 2 was a bit of a mess with all the repeat missions, although I did love the one where they stripped everything away from and you had to get your equipment on the battlefield. I guess overall it didnt bother me bc I enjoyed the gameplay soooo much. I do think the truth tapes at the end filled in a lot of the holes. The last pt I want to make is about the fake big boss, being basically the players will. I thought it worked fantastic bc at the start of the game I was stealthily taking everyone out and not murdering anybody but by the quiet exit mission I was drooping bombardments like they were going out of style. So I had become more of a monster and bad guy like the fake big boss eventually became.

anyways thats my thoughts on the game. I really loved it. it is my 2nd fav mgs game behind the first mgs1

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Mgs3 snake eater remake announced by Konami out of nowhere,

Made in fox engine

Reveal Trailer,

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

WTH is that? Pachinko?
Cutscene looks cool

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 02 June 2016 10:19 AM

WTH is that? Pachinko?
Cutscene looks cool

Coool as hell, like we need this mgs3 remake yesterday,

http://i1.ruliweb.daumcdn.net/uf/original/U01/ruliweb/57502A254036100002

Look at this tech…

Most ironic thing is , jap dont put as much effort in console gams as much they put in pachinko fmvs,

Check these cutscenes here and drooooooool

Give me this Erotic CV too…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

lol come on, The Sorrow boss battle is like 1/50th of the game.
I don’t remember someone getting a tree to block the path though.
I assume this is related to The End but as I recall he only had a photosynthesis ability and couldn’t control nature.

Yes you need to watch End battle again

Writing, dialogues, wat is even happening in that cutscenes…

Stupidity doesnt stop there.
Volgin controls shagohod with wires, broken cables
Pain teleporting by bees, lifting by bees
etc

And FFIX has a sentient forest that blocks your path.

Its a Fantasy no a Scifi

You could have someone play MGS3 as their first MGS game and they would equally enjoy it

Yeah like any prequel story but when compared to MGS1 moments it fails.
Cobra unit is arguably worst and for me atleast MGS doesnt work without Bosses.
Foxhound unit from the original is unbeatable

The game also provides hours of optional codec conversations. Story is educational as well as it blends fiction with history. It enters a multitude of genres like war historical/spy/drama/comedy/sci-fi and a bit of horror successfully.

MGS1/2 did both better with more logical reasons
Colonel,Naomi,Otacon,Meryl and Miller cant be beaten by major zero,sigint or paramedic
poor Zero was later tied to Mgs2 arc to have some worth in mgs4 end
Otherwise singletone character which was less fleshed out than NPCs of Dishonored2

MGS3 and the Last of Us are two of those stories that people who watch movies and shun videogamess really miss out on.

Thats was fundamental problem with MGS3, MGS1 and MGS2 storytelling can only be achieved
in gaming medium. You cant emulate Psychomantis of mgs1 or turing test of mgs2 in films.

I agree that MGS2 was great, but it can be confusing for newcomers and the twist upon twist might be off-putting at first and needs a second playthrough to let everythng sink in.

You are more concerned about newcomers and pre existence needs than new clever stuff challenging conventions and expectations

Also a great tribute to 60’s spy movies

Thats your frame of reference , 007 and shit , snake eater song was corny 007 stuff
And i will always prefer GiTS,Tomclancy over 007 cheese

Come on….think back to that epic battle against the Boss with Snake Eater instrumental version

Pyschomantis > memory card reading, eating diazepam for sniperwolf,CyborgNinja etc disagrees

by Harry Gregson Williams so makes sense.

Who is a scam

So is kojima sometimes Smile

The vid of ripoff has less views than a con artist main themes
This type of post truth society was mentioned in MGS2
You are victim of Rose and Colonel, you are Raiden , Origami

Smile

For me MGS1 and 2 were scifi political,military,espionage action thriller
The time of future with Nanotech as base was decent background for all the stupidity
It was first in doing what it did both in gameplay and story
By the time MGS3 came, Splintercell had already eaten stealth genre
Which itself was years behind Thief stealth mechanics
MGS3 copied stalking from SCell
Scell mentions Mossad , dont expect Kojima to tread there , he kept it at 007 type
melodrama
MGS1 and MGS2 were trend setters
MGS3 came when other Devs did more than MGS3

In story, MGS3 cobra unit failed to have any back ground,
Just the names, Fear,Sorrow,Pain end are the most childish and corniest names in history of MG franchise, even MG1 and MG2 had better like Runningman and Grayfox
1964 timeline had no advanced tech like shown and no background was given
But it doesnt matter when you have ridiculous bees and trees

Boss showing her chest to show scar and love blooming on battlefield is corny
Ocelot was weakest in any MGS, in all others he was badass
Overall artistic design of enemies was poor

Show me codec conversations , link me from mgs3
Then i will post from MGS1 and MGS2, then you can show it to friends and family
to rate them which are better in writing and not only that, Codec calls were used as
narrative in MGS1 and 2, the reveal of Miller was ripped off in Bioshock1.
That one single moment is nowhere in mgs3. And that was one of many.
Naomi or her foxdie explanation, paramedic or signint dont have that level of writing or character development

I still remember Naomi telling me to put joypad on my shoulder to give me massage

sorry for typos

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

O gosh….

Might come back to this later might not.

Some points for now:

Cobra Unit was weak, but it was purposefully weak because the focus was the relationship between the Boss and Big Boss. I can appreciate the sacrifice because they really succeeded in the dynamic between those two.

For the record, because I prefer MGS3’s story slightly over MGS2 doesn’t mean I don’t think MGS2 is amazing. I hold that game high up as well and it had a huge impact on me.
If it’s execution was better I might have held MGS2’s story above that of MGS3.
Just because it has a trippy end-game segment doesn’t automatically absolve it from issues like weird pacing, lack of foreshadowing and build-up and codec calls between characters standing next to eachother(because of time constraints they couldn’t develop more cutscenes). Also the oil plant is the most uninspired level-design.

I think calling out MGS3 on corniness when compared to MGS2 is almost non-sequitur.
MGS2 still has a cowboy for a villain, a rollerblading fatsuit, a vampire, wining Rose aka girlfriend simulator, Japanese model posters everywhere.

I can tell you are really into meta-stuff.
That’s why you will always prefer MGS2 over 3 because the thematics are closer to heart to you and this argument is pointless I guess.

I agree MGS2 is a more thought-provoking game but from a story-execution standpoint MGS3 was better. It handled what it set out to do better. Playing MGS2 there is always a strong sense of how things were compromised and would have been different if they had more time. MGS2 can feel as a mess….a very beautiful mess though.

Also Harry Gregson didn’t steal that theme song, the main motif already existed in a song by Tappy during MGS1 time but the song was never used in game but did appear in VR missions.

What I also appreciated in MGS2 was the observation of Snake through a different character. It immediately reminded me of the Sherlock Holmes-Watson narration device and this is what Hideo Kojima exactly gave as an example of what he wanted to achieve in the bonus documentary disk that came with the game. That was really cool, to ‘fight’ alongside Snake.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 30 November 2016 08:50 AM

O gosh….

Might come back to this later might not.

Some points for now:

1)Cobra Unit was weak, but it was purposefully weak because the focus was the relationship between the Boss and Big Boss. I can appreciate the sacrifice because they really succeeded in the dynamic between those two.

2)Also the oil plant is the most uninspired level-design.

3)MGS2 still has a cowboy for a villain, a rollerblading fatsuit, a vampire, wining Rose aka girlfriend simulator, Japanese model posters everywhere.

4)I can tell you are really into meta-stuff.
That’s why you will always prefer MGS2 over 3 because the thematics are closer to heart to you and this argument is pointless I guess.

5)Playing MGS2 there is always a strong sense of how things were compromised and would have been different if they had more time. MGS2 can feel as a mess….a very beautiful mess though.

6)Also Harry Gregson didn’t steal that theme song, the main motif already existed in a song by Tappy during MGS1 time but the song was never used in game but did appear in VR missions.

1)No if they had no time contraints they could have used better writing build up instead of Corny I am the End, I am Fear, I am Pain and so on

2)Oilplant is always better and more inspired than plain jungle with divided sections and loading,it was not until 3d camera control that things got better
Not to mention plain looking counterstrike russian compounds, nothing can get more cheesy than this…esp when you have Scell kicking butt

3) Much better version of cowboy not a sissy blonde, even mgsv one was a badass
Both had better design and VA, mgs3 suit was so bad not ot mention his bad bad hairstyle
Fatman has a name based on missile, which i didnt knew, i learned a thing and it was
scientifically linked unlike cobra characters like the end,fear and shit
Hey we are based on emotions and FF because kojima has time to think alot for mgs3 than mgs2, i didnt learn a thing.
Rose was a lure of AI, a great use unlike paramedic or majortom, great hook for a noob like raiden to fall in trap, the point of Turing test
Vamp yes, a vampire who has more badass voice than any of the cobra unit
And he also runs on water, thats not corny thats crazy like Animes, thats what
the precedent was set in MGS1

4) No i was too much into Military and Politics and i didnt learn anything from MGS3
It was jamesbond more than some kickass anime (MGS2) like ADpolice,GITS and Patlabor etc

Also original content was cut because it was too similar to attacks that year,
they even cut out georgewashington bridge…check the original trailer

5) Survive the survival look all these animals, fans were like we are gonna fight crocs,
i was like how kojima will handle that
In the end, it was just few bullets and croc will turn into puff of smoke to turn into
ration because they cant rig survival on mgs2 engine upgrade lol
Atleast MGS2 had time for painstaking details like melting ice, breaking bottles etc

6)I will give you that

I also think mgs3 had great moments like Eva bike, Ending, intro , music , but level of writing,bosses, dialogues, twists, VAs, Cutscenes choreography was all downgrade

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

5) Survive the survival look all these animals, fans were like we are gonna fight crocs,
i was like how kojima will handle that
In the end, it was just few bullets and croc will turn into puff of smoke to turn into
ration because they cant rig survival on mgs2 engine upgrade lol
Atleast MGS2 had time for painstaking details like melting ice, breaking bottles etc

I think you should have kept expectations in check if you expect a well rendered croc fight in 2004. I never expected that and wasn’t turn off by them turning into rations. I don’t remember people complaining about that either, or reviewers. I only remember praise for its visuals and it being the best looking game at its time.

I don’t remember anything wrong with the jungle either. Made up 40% of its locations probably and again looked great for its time.
How the hell one would think Big Shell looks more inspired than that is beyond me. Areas were few and looked all pretty similar.

It sounds as if you are reviewing MGS3 as if the game came out today instead of 12 years ago. Yeah, that’s what going on. You probably played the game through the HD collection.

Also saying you didn’t learn anything from MGS3 is irrelevant. Especially if you admit you are already heavy into politics. There are plenty of historical facts given that could be informative for people. Especially for 15 year old me who knew little of US-Soviet political history.

If anything MGS2 isn’t much informative as it hinges on future predictions. But like I said that game is very thought-provoking.

And content was cut apart from an end segment because of 9/11. There was going to be en extra Dead Cell character among other things. All of this is confirmed by the developers themselves in de documentary accompaniying the game but you needed to get the PAL version for that. I can’t 100% confirm but some codec calls were supposed be done through cutscenes as well.
Playing the game it’s pretty obvious corners were cut, a dead giveaway being its short length and repetitive level design. Now you are going to bring up MGS1 was short, but MGS2’s length is considerably more padded by long codec calls and cutscenes. I distinctly remember this because I collected all dogtags on every difficulty(except european extreme) and on later playthroughs would skip everything that was skippable.

Which is not a problem at all for me, but it created a pacing where it felt everything was amped up from 1 to 10 in a split second..

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 30 November 2016 01:50 PM

1)I think you should have kept expectations in check if you expect a well rendered croc fight in 2004. I never expected that and wasn’t turn off by them turning into rations.

2)How the hell one would think Big Shell looks more inspired than that is beyond me. Areas were few and looked all pretty similar.

4)It sounds as if you are reviewing MGS3 as if the game came out today instead of 12 years ago. Yeah, that’s what going on. You probably played the game through the HD collection.

3)Also saying you didn’t learn anything from MGS3 is irrelevant. Especially if you admit you are already heavy into politics. There are plenty of historical facts given that could be informative for people. Especially for 15 year old me who knew little of US-Soviet political history.

2)If anything MGS2 isn’t much informative as it hinges on future predictions. But like I said that game is very thought-provoking.

1) No kojima pre hype always had hyperboles of molyneux levels
in mgs4 bipedals gears were supposed to follow you everywhere like reveal trailer
He promised full jungle simulation and survival not menu based shit mechanic
He talked alot
He delivered more in mgs2

2)

You cant find such scientific fiction in mgs3, not even in SC
Cant find one single paramedic conversation this detailed
Look at details went into this
Thats the science what i wanted after ShadowMoses, Nootropics , foxdie
More thought went into this like shadow moses
Than plain jungle you can find in tarzan , lionking or jungle book

3)Plenty but not enough, cold war is corniest shit you can find in any medium
Stuff of MGS2 you cant find still except few animes and Silvercase

4)Already answered, MGS2 did alot of things first from outstanding rain tech to cutscenes in full glory for PS2, rain that you still cant find like Mist of SH2
I didnt compare MGS3 with anything than games came before it or in same year
As i said Scell killed it by along shot, in political thriller genre
By a loooong shot in Stealth genre
You should have purchased Xbox
And if you feel inspired by jungle tech , Farcry in same year killed MGS3 in that department and AI of enemies, also the open world
MGS3 was behind FC and SC

Please kill me to become The Boss
killed
Great work, you have outdone The Boss
So now you have outdone TheBoss, what title should be given to the winner asks Mom.
8 yrs old kid says , mom mom , BigBoss, because there can only be Bigboss after Theeee
Glad Snake who defeated Bigboss aint called SuperBoss.

because MJ12 of DeusEx was only complimented by 12 patriots
But in mgs3 they were turned in semi chinese gang with blonde spy giving birth to MJ12 of future

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Afraid i’ll never finish this one,coz no quick save and lost patience for this
kind of humdrums.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Gabe - 02 December 2016 01:37 PM

Afraid i’ll never finish this one,coz no quick save and lost patience for this
kind of humdrums.