• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

E3 2016

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

For me, the honorable mentions are:
Legend of Zelda: looks incredible and a system seller.

Spiderman, Insomniac as the developer = sold. There is also lots of concentration on Peter Parker the person and not only the super hero, so it will hopefully be deeper than other superhero games. I’m hoping that Insomniac will do for Spidy what Rocksteady did for the bat.

Horizon, still looks good as always.

The Last Guardian, hope it will live up to the hype.

Gears 4, all the weather stuff as gameplay element looks cool.

Detroit, I’m a big Quantic Dream fan and a blade runner fan, so that sounds like a marry of both.

God of war seems to try to humanise Kratos by making him a father struggling with raising his son, so hopefully that will work in giving the game more to go on than kill everything that moves.

And my game of the show is Dishonored 2. You can play as Corvo or Emily each with very different set of powers to make the game extremely different in each playthrough. But what is awesome is that you can choose at the beginning of the game to refuse taking the power when it is offered to you, so you can play the whole game with no powers and beat it, but it makes the game much more challenging. You can finish the game by confronting almost everyone, by using stealth, or by not killing. That level of choice in gameplay makes it my game of the show.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tracer and Dva lust is real

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1234525

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Best E3 indie

Smile

Edit

Check this reaction vid,

People really getting crazy over Spidey reveal,
Gonna sell like hotcakes.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 16 June 2016 01:47 AM

If Marvel really means it when they say they’ll enter the quality AAA market we could be in for some good superhero games.
Still not sure sice this could be only a Sony/Spidey thing

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 16 June 2016 11:54 AM
nomadsoul - 16 June 2016 01:47 AM

If Marvel really means it when they say they’ll enter the quality AAA market we could be in for some good superhero games.

Maybe they are counting TTG as AAA. Smile
But man they are sitting on goldmine of badass characters.
Get Platinum for Wolverine game.
Get Highmoon for Punisher.

Btw, NX won’t be spec heavy reggie says.
Bge2 gonna be nerfed and no thirdparty support again.

@soccerdude

Have you attended e3?
Did you try anything.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 16 June 2016 01:02 PM

No games based X-men characters will ever appear, Marvel is blocking everything while Fox owns the movie rights. It’s a big bummer but there’s still some choice.

Platinum said they wanted to make a Spider-Gwen game.
Telltale game is taking so long I think they might be actually doing something different from the usual.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 14 June 2016 11:20 AM

Nier2 E3 trailer,

Gameplay 9/10
Graphics ps2/10

Platinum still got it no doubt

Boss battle:

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 16 June 2016 01:58 PM
nomadsoul - 16 June 2016 01:02 PM

No games based X-men characters will ever appear, Marvel is blocking everything while Fox owns the movie rights. It’s a big bummer but there’s still some choice.

Platinum said they wanted to make a Spider-Gwen game.
Telltale game is taking so long I think they might be actually doing something different from the usual.

Marvel guy in interview seem like here fkers we are opening up ips like never before.
Batman in aug confirmed so next year or 2018 for Marvel ttg.
There wont be just one insomniac spidey, sequels are confirmed based on reception after e3.
Even it turns out halfbad.

Nier2 bossfight , damn bullethell in Beatemup, orgasmic music.
Who needs dmc5?
Kamiya can eat shit now.
M$ bet on wrong horse.
Smile

Absolver, Karate souls .

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

12 mins of persona5 gameplay…

Deadrising4 1 yr xclusive, on ps4 next year.

1 hr of Zelda dirdctfeed with music, sounds

Reports say TLG is clunky and glitchfest.
Damnn

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I just hope they don’t tie them in with the movies.

Not a single good game has come from that.

I mean, the only good superhero game we’ve had is the Batman: Arkham Asylum series and that had nothing to do with any of the movies.

wilco - 16 June 2016 01:58 PM

Or they’ve stretched themselves too thin and it’s starting to show…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 17 June 2016 02:38 AM

I mean, the only good superhero game we’ve had is the Batman: Arkham Asylum series and that had nothing to do with any of the movies.

They want them to be independent from movies, after the terrible spiderman, thor, iron man movie games they basically only did F2P mobile and PC stuff. (and Lego)
There seems to be a new VP for games department that is trying to change things and actually try to focus on making good games. Hopefully he might be a “Kevin Feige of games” Smile but it’s too soon to see if they are serious

it’s here:
http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/14/11937012/marvel-games-aaa-spider-man-insomniac-games-jay-ong

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 17 June 2016 07:15 AM
TimovieMan - 17 June 2016 02:38 AM

They want them to be independent from movies, after the terrible spiderman, thor, iron man movie games they basically only did F2P mobile and PC stuff. (and Lego)
There seems to be a new VP for games department that is trying to change things and actually try to focus on making good games. Hopefully he might be a “Kevin Feige of games” Smile but it’s too soon to see if they are serious

it’s here:
http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/14/11937012/marvel-games-aaa-spider-man-insomniac-games-jay-ong

Seems like Marvel wants to self damage Xmen for larger goal

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=207488141

In other interviews,

Insomniac/Sony’s Spider-Man series will be the only console Spider-Man series going forward. They want to find excellent teams and then dedicate the IPs to them so they can focus on quality. That’s not to say Spider-Man can’t be in a cross-over game, but you won’t see something like Activision console Spider-Man games coming out alongside these. Jay explicitly says “The future of the Spider-Man console games is with Sony and Insomniac.”
Movie tie-in games are over for Marvel. This is the same as their mobile strategy. All games will be given lengthy development cycles with all the budget they need and have no concerns about hitting a specific date tied to a movie/comic book/whatever. Marvel is very clear that developers cannot be rushed or underfunded if they’re going to make great games.

As for working with Insomniac specifically, Jay mentions that they’re only 10 minutes away from the studio and 10 minutes away from Sony as well, so that they’re in contact every day, which they think is very helpful for getting their new initiative going well. They also openly admit that Spider-Man is the most commercially successful superhero so they’re more than happy to start with him.
Jay notes they have several other console games in development that will be revealed over the upcoming years. I probably wouldn’t expect an immediate impending announcement (beyond perhaps unveiling Telltale’s game) since he wasn’t teasing any more reveals soon.

Marvels Rocksteady is Insomniac, for future confirmed.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Henke - 14 June 2016 03:44 PM
nomadsoul - 12 June 2016 10:20 PM

Megaton

Berserk Musou

Nsfw but thats exactly wat Berserk is

What information has been released about this game (my japanese is a bit rusty)?

Update

-The game takes place from golden age upto black swordsman
-Some scenes from 1997 anime and movie are used, as well as brand new stuff for the game. There will be a lot of scenes.
-the game is not directly tied with the newly airing Berserk anime. The game is made so even people who are not familiar with Berserk can enjoy
-There are huge boss battles, 1v1 against boss, fighting against small enemies and boss popping up during the battle
-lots of boss characters in the game, like zodd and bull/ox monster.
-Guts’ fighting style changes as the story progresses in the manga, and the game will reflect that in the gameplay
-As with other Musou games, Guts is not the only playble character.
-the game’s visual style will be similar to the poster
-The core target audience for the game is the fans of the original manga. But newcomers will also be able to enjoy the game.
-Japan and West have different restrictions for gore/erotic. Japan is more strict on gore stuff, while West is more strict on erotic stuff. So they want to get the balance right while staying true to the original.
-they will release a video featuring Guts soon.

:orig

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

So EA announced Fe after unravel, grabbing every dev in Sweden, they announced supporting JFares too, wonder how far along that game is,

Maybe this year we get more info.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Kamiya caught sleeping at E3, hilarity ensues

Platinum pr meltdown

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top