• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Star Wars Battlefront

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Seems big enough to have it’s own thread.  It’s multiplayer only but the game seems pretty fun. Big battles, flying around, controlling heroes (and it’s Star Wars…)

Open beta starts tomorrow October 8th and goes until 12h on PC, PS4 and Xbone. Can’t wait to at least giving it a try. Pre-load of the beta is already up on Origin.

Beta has 3 modes:

Walker Assault on Hoth: Fight in epic 40-player battles as a Rebel to destroy the Empire’s onslaught of AT-AT’s by calling in Y-wing bombers. Or, side with the Empire and protect your walkers while utilizing their mighty weaponry to crush the Rebel objective.

Drop Zone on Sullust: Escape pods are crashing down and you and your team must fight to control them. With its frantic 8v8 matches, Drop Zone is sure to put your combat and strategy skills to the test. 

Survival Mission on Tatooine: Play alone or with a friend via co-op or split-screen as you battle to hold off waves of Imperial forces including AT-ST’s, TIE fighters, elite stormtroopers and more.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 07 October 2015 05:40 PM

Seems big enough to have it’s own thread.  It’s multiplayer only but the game seems pretty fun. Big battles, flying around, controlling heroes (and it’s Star Wars…)

Open beta starts tomorrow October 8th and goes until 12h on PC, PS4 and Xbone. Can’t wait to at least giving it a try. Pre-load of the beta is already up on Origin.

Beta has 3 modes:

Walker Assault on Hoth: Fight in epic 40-player battles as a Rebel to destroy the Empire’s onslaught of AT-AT’s by calling in Y-wing bombers. Or, side with the Empire and protect your walkers while utilizing their mighty weaponry to crush the Rebel objective.

Drop Zone on Sullust: Escape pods are crashing down and you and your team must fight to control them. With its frantic 8v8 matches, Drop Zone is sure to put your combat and strategy skills to the test. 

Survival Mission on Tatooine: Play alone or with a friend via co-op or split-screen as you battle to hold off waves of Imperial forces including AT-ST’s, TIE fighters, elite stormtroopers and more.

PC beta was meh, not positive reactions, its really a Battlefield game with Starwars skin.
Gonna drop this one for sale.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Played beta for hours, and found it janky and mindless.
Gameplay feel sucks, 3rd person is better but cant zoom, weapons feel meh.
Multiplayer mode with vehicles is chaotic with big scale.
All in all disappointment and another avoid for me after Arkhamknight.

NFS beta was good though.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

There’s a fun game in here, but it has the hint of a movie game (rushed) about it. It might be one of those that a few months down the line they’ll actually finish via DLC etc. The art team did a really good job at capturing the look and feel of the universe and the audio department also nailed it, but the rest is hit and miss so far.

Some of the weapons have some weight to them and are fun and feel rewarding to use, others not so much. Picking up power ups feel really clumsy and to me, it feels as though the weapon pick ups should be unlocked instead. While the vehicles should have been rewards for kill streaks or doing certain tasks. For example, A lot of players just treat every mode as deathmatch. Now, in death match, you could reward the player for doing well by granting access to vehicles after a certain number is met, while on hoth, I think it would of been better to have been points based for capturing/defending the uplinks.

I know this is only a beta, but going from what I’ve heard, it still feels quite shallow in terms of content. Few maps, few missions to really keep you playing etc and the absence of space battles I feel will really hurt this. Imagine doing runs down a trench or through the deathstar core, through asteroids etc. It would of been pretty incredible I feel. There’s so much they could do with this and I’m hoping they’ll eventually get round to it. But, at the moment it’s looking like a fun game with wasted potential.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Yeah, I agree. The game looks and sounds very good and like Star Wars, but it’s the Battlefield gameplay and not very particulary exciting. People camping at spawn points got annoying, didn’t like the unlock card system at all. The first map was very boring, the one eith the big Hoth battle was better with all the vehicles and ships. It did seem unbalanced, I don’t think I’ve seen the rebels win a round.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I haven’t played a battlefield game since bad company 2, but going by videos, they do seem very familiar. I’m amazed being able to camp at spawn points is still a thing at this point. Also, is this all the classes available in the finished product? Another lost opportunity if so. You used to be able to be an engineer and fix machinery just like walkers, uplinks etc. Grrr!!! So many missing features. They might of well as called this Star Wars: Battlefield instead.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Not sure if more classes will be available, seems like they are rushing the game to release this year because of the movie. Seems like wasted potential. Hopefully the Visceral/Amy Hennig single-player game will be good.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

The balancing issues will be fixed: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/10/14/dice-admits-rebels-at-a-disadvantage-in-battlefront-beta

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

And a flop,

MetaCritic 72,

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1141373

E3 best game awards got them cocky , BETA was meh and they realized its too late.
Lack of content and weak boring gameplay.
No shit.

Thanks for free BETA and saving my 60$, EA.

Amy Hennig can redeem.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

7 isn’t bad.

It’s weird though. The scores are decent, but the actual summary reads like an average 5.

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2015-04-29

PM

nomadsoul - 17 November 2015 01:59 AM

And a flop,

MetaCritic 72,

E3 best game awards got them cocky , BETA was meh and they realized its too late.
No shit.

Amy Hennig can redeem.

Very early to call it a flop, but it may not reach the heights EA hoped for. We’ll see.

Knee Deep swamp noir adventure: http://kneedeepgame.com

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’ve played hours of this now, all modes. It’s without a doubt the best looking multiplayer shooter out there and one the best overall. The Endor level alone is crazy in the details. The sound design is also top, as a Star Wars fan I was very satisfied by all this.
The game is also very smooth and stable, runs great, never add a problem crashing the game, finding and joining a game takes a few seconds. They really worked out the lauch in this one a avoided major bugs.
I think the main problem is the lack of maps, there are lots of diverse game modes mostly very fun, but not many different maps. The overpriced Season Pass will probably not fix things, I think they should have done like Splatoon and add free stuff over time.
Still, it’s probably the most fun I’ve had in a competitive shooter since Team Fortress 2, maybe because its Star Wars. Just the ability of being Boba Fett or han Solo, in a battlefield full of stormtroopers, rebels, lasers crossing everywhere, x-wings flying above you…

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

It’s missing loads to be considered a real Battlefront, but, it’s fun all the same. Might pick it up on discount when DLC makes it complete.

I’m sure they’ll be another one out with Star Wars coming back with Disney. Hopefully, they’ll take a bit more time with it and make it better.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I completely forgot that The Battle of Jakku is coming out soon with a new mode. At least there’s that, probably the last free thing until the Season pass starts rolling

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

There’s apparently 4 maps part of the season pass.

They’ve already teased another Battlefront game.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Brody - 17 November 2015 10:11 AM
nomadsoul - 17 November 2015 01:59 AM

And a flop,

MetaCritic 72,

No shit.

Amy Hennig can redeem.

Very early to call it a flop, but it may not reach the heights EA hoped for. We’ll see.

Gamestop confirmed game didnt hit the expected mark, google.
Fallout and Blops rekt the sales.
Also Asscreed flopped, thats a good sign even though it is something i want to play.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top