• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DalediegoLady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Detroit: Become Human - new game by Quantic Dream

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

New game by Quantic Dream / David Cage for PS4

Trailer

Doesn’t show gameplay, just a premise that has great potential, although I think the dialogue is a bit clunky in the trailer.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

That looks really good and hopefully the inevitable fighting and action sequences don’t sully the concept too much. Focus is on Quantic Dream to deliver the goods. Please no robot uprising finale.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The ending is going to be the Tears in the Rain from Blade Runner. Time to die

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 28 October 2015 06:27 AM

Supposedly, the “like tears in the rain” part of that iconic quote was ad-libbed by Hauer and kept in by Scott who loved it. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 28 October 2015 07:01 AM
wilco - 28 October 2015 06:27 AM

Supposedly, the “like tears in the rain” part of that iconic quote was ad-libbed by Hauer and kept in by Scott who loved it. Cool

That’s awesome. maybe Hauer should have worked on Prometheus to save it Smile

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 29 October 2015 06:35 AM

That’s awesome. maybe Hauer should have worked on Prometheus to save it Smile

Apparently, Rutger Hauer did a lot of things like that, as “his” interpretation of the character, and Ridley Scott kept quite a lot of it in.
Fondling that dove was unscripted as well.

When Hauer wants to, he can really OWN his characters.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 29 October 2015 07:06 AM

Apparently, Rutger Hauer did a lot of things like that, as “his” interpretation of the character, and Ridley Scott kept quite a lot of it in.
Fondling that dove was unscripted as well.

When Hauer wants to, he can really OWN his characters.

Hauer was/is awesome, never understood why he was sidelined in Hollywood for support roles. Besides Blade Runner he did 2 of my favorite movies - Ladyhawke and Flesh and Blood…

But back to Detroit, maybe David Cage should hire hauer for a role Smile

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 29 October 2015 07:44 AM

As a replicant, as a Blind Fury or as a Hobo with a Shotgun? Cool

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Damn my avatar looks better, whats happening with hair, they are cheap.
This doesnt look better than UC4 or Order.
Frown

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 29 October 2015 07:54 AM
wilco - 29 October 2015 07:44 AM

As a replicant, as a Blind Fury or as a Hobo with a Shotgun? Cool

A replicant would be fitting in this one!

nomadsoul - 29 October 2015 07:55 AM

Damn my avatar looks better, whats happening with hair, they are cheap.
This doesnt look better than UC4 or Order.
Frown

Looks on par with those, bit progression from Beyond and Heavy Rain I think. Let’s see how the rest is.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

That’s some pretty convincing facial animation they got going on there. I wonder if thats all realtime or a pre-rendered cinematic.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tomimt - 29 October 2015 08:36 AM

That’s some pretty convincing facial animation they got going on there.

Probably mo-capped - looks like Valorie Curry.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Sure, I know it’s mocapped, but what I wonder is, if that’s something they got realtime in the game engine itself (just like what Star Citizen is trying to do) or if that’s just a prerendered cinematic.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The trailer says it’s captured from in-game engine. Probably is realtime judging by their previous work

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

tomimt - 29 October 2015 09:11 AM

Sure, I know it’s mocapped, but what I wonder is, if that’s something they got realtime in the game engine itself (just like what Star Citizen is trying to do) or if that’s just a prerendered cinematic.

Probably cutscenes rendered in realtime like LastofUs , which means actual game with models, control and AI will have lesser detail.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 29 October 2015 09:13 AM

The trailer says it’s captured from in-game engine. Probably is realtime judging by their previous work

^ This.

Can’t find any confirmation that it is Valorie Curry that did the acting, but I read that she did the tech demo, so it would make sense for it to be her.
Smaller name than Ellen Page or Willem Dafoe, though.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top