View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #5473
Jelena
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
I got my new - to me sewing machine......... Husqvarna Designer 1 Sewing and Embroidery Machine.
What do you know? Swedish brand! It must be great. Have fun Bullsie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
Aggie: Still working, still anxious and depressed, still thinking about leaving, and wondering if there's ever a good time to leave a job you hate when employment in your field is bad, you have debt up to your eyeballs, and your wife is newly unemployed and looking for a new job herself. I love and cherish my wife dearly, but it was so much easier to make important decisions when I was still a bachelor. I don't know if I'd ever want to go back to those days, but there are days when I miss feeling as if I had control of the steering wheel, even if it was largely an illusion. It's just my artistic temperament showing, but I'd rather be struggling with less money than continue living like this. However, being without steady income makes my lovely wife crazy.
Lose the job, keep the wife!

j/k maybe this isn't the best of times to quit a job, but from what you tell us it seems you eventually need to find something else. In my case it's like this: Today I earn less money and have shorter vacation, but I feel so relieved to have a job that isn't consuming all my energy, so it's worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
I had a good weekend. My parents are so good for me. They took care of me until I was sure I could stand on my own feet again. My mother was here for a whole week, and my father took her home again today after doing a lot of things in and around the house for me. I'm happy. I have new medicine again, and the pain is almost gone! It's been replaced by a weird feeling in my head, but that is probably because I have to get used to them, and I also have to get used to not having the other pills anymore. I hope I can keep the new pills, but the side-effects are quite severe and serious, so I have to keep an eye on myself.
*does a happy dance*
and
*crosses fingers for medicine to stay good*