View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 08:38 AM   #15
pinkgothic
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeysie
(I have to admit that your desktop/program files problem baffles me a bit. Erm, don't pretty much *all* Windows programs install to Program Files and create shortcuts? About the only ones that don't are the (unfortunately) very rare self-contained ones.)
I don't know, since I rarely install things. Fact is, though, they don't PRETEND to give me the option. That's what makes me furious.

Quote:
I will say that in the case of your plugins, however, it's the fault of the people who make crappy plugins, not the fault of the browser.
Of course - but since so many people I've ever spoken to seem to love FireFox because of the multitude of plug-ins, as though there were no FireFox without plug-ins, I don't see why I shouldn't bring it up.

Quote:
As for why people would want to use Flash, it's great when used for what it should be used for, stuff like games, movies, and interfaces that can't be done with basic (X)HTML and DOM stuff.
I know, Jeysie. I'm just being spiteful. I don't like Flash, and yes, it's mostly because 99.9% of all websites abuse it. I get all twitchy when I see websites made of something close to 100% Flash. Why? WHY? Gurglegraaaaah...

Quote:
P.S. I personally bash IE because everything it does there are other browsers that do better and with IMHO fewer problems.
Perhaps. But the browsers tend to be few and far between, and FireFox certainly isn't the epitome of all browsers. I'm still hoping to test other browsers over time, though - and I think you know that Haven't had the time to, yet.

Quote:
Furthermore those other browsers do helpful things IE doesn't.
And IE does helpful things FireFox doesn't. Like it's XML-DTD validation. <3

Edit:

I think I have to add this in since people like to assume because I detest FireFox, I love IE. This is not true. FireFox has betrayed my initial trust in it on various points, and since then it's just been a pain in the arse for me. So for all intents and purposes, IE is better for me, as a user. But better does not mean best. And I'm never going to claim that unless I've gone and worked with other browsers (e.g. Opera).

You know what my sigline about IE is? FireFox groupieism parody. Nothing else. You'd think the way I worded it would make it obvious, but apparently not
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™