Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Telltale Developer Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/telltale-developer-chat/)
-   -   What is your favorite part of Cow Race? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/telltale-developer-chat/14367-what-your-favorite-part-cow-race.html)

fov 04-14-2006 11:33 AM

What is your favorite part of Cow Race?

Just curious to hear from any of the Telltale people who are hanging out what your favorite part of The Great Cow Race is (either to play, or to work on). (And to hear it from players too, of course!)

Lucien21 04-14-2006 11:35 AM

no spoilers I've not finished it yet.

Although I especially liked the opeing line. Nice little dig at the fans I laughed out loud when the characters said "It was fun but too short" or words to that effect

fov 04-14-2006 11:36 AM

Good point. :o

Telltale folks - spoilers can be posted by typing [ spoiler ]spoiler goes here[ /spoiler ] (without the spaces)

Melanie68 04-14-2006 11:36 AM

I laughed too when I heard that line. :D

Squinky 04-14-2006 11:40 AM

The magnetic poetry-esque puzzle was my favourite. I had tons of fun purposely putting in the wrong words. "Your teeth are white as Moby Dick" had me in stitches.

I loved the end credits as well.

One question, though:
Spoiler:
If you actually win the catapult game twenty times, do you actually get that big huge stuffed cow? I'm too busy to try it myself.

fov 04-14-2006 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squinky
The magnetic poetry-esque puzzle was my favourite. I had tons of fun purposely putting in the wrong words. "Your teeth are white as Moby Dick" had me in stitches.

I loved the end credits as well.

Ditto to both of these. But I think my favorite part of the game was the cow race itself.

Quote:

One question, though:
Spoiler:
if you actually win the catapult game twenty times, do you actually get that big huge stuffed cow? I'm too busy to try it myself.

I haven't tried it yet either, but I'm told something special happens if you do.

Dale Baldwin 04-14-2006 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fov
I haven't tried it yet either, but I'm told something special happens if you do.

Well I went back and did that last night... and I did get a lovely warm awwww feeling because of it ;)

fov 04-14-2006 11:43 AM

Awesome. I can't wait to try it. :)

The Seed 04-14-2006 11:51 AM

What I find fun is having Fone Bone read out a passage from Moby Dick to different characters to see what kind response the give. I really appreciate it when developers put in those little extra details, like they're rewarding the player for trying out different things.

HeatherLee 04-14-2006 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squinky
One question, though:
Spoiler:
If you actually win the catapult game twenty times, do you actually get that big huge stuffed cow? I'm too busy to try it myself.

I am so not telling you.

I love the poetry puzzle as well. I think the mini-activity/puzzle/games all turned out quite well this time. It is hard to say what activities were the most satisfying to play since I was so involved in making the game and saw things in all their different stages of completion. But I think I am very pleased with the
Spoiler:
dream sequence
, with how that turned out. I think the mood is very effective.

Oh and I like the
Spoiler:
interaction between Fone Bone and Tom the Honey Seller
. In fact, I think I really enjoy the dialog interactions between the characters. I still chuckle at some of the lines.

AudioSoldier 04-14-2006 11:54 AM

I always find the Fone/Thorn sections of great interest.

HeatherLee 04-14-2006 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin
Well I went back and did that last night... and I did get a lovely warm awwww feeling because of it ;)

Words cannot express how happy that makes me. :)

Squinky 04-14-2006 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherLee
I am so not telling you.

Poo. Now I actually have to go and play it.

Really, though, I think it's awesome that the game has all this stuff you can go back and try.

fov 04-14-2006 12:10 PM

There is also an optional scene in the tavern depending on the order in which you finish the cousin's tasks.

AudioSoldier 04-14-2006 12:18 PM

Yeah, The Great Cow Race is certainly more open-ended.

DaveGrossman 04-14-2006 12:43 PM

I liked working on the [already spoiled] poetry puzzle, that was enjoyable, and writing the little fiddly bits, like where Phoney talks to the cow outside the tavern. I also love the stuff that plays during the credits, which Heather wrote and which makes me laugh.

fov 04-14-2006 12:45 PM

Quote:

I also love the stuff that plays during the credits, which Heather wrote and which makes me laugh.
Aha!

Spoiler:
Does the rat creature's feelings about mice have any connection to Heather's own real-life experiences with them running around in her apartment?!

DaveGrossman 04-14-2006 12:48 PM

Only if Heather owns a time machine.
Which, come to think of it, maybe she does....