Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Telltale Developer Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/telltale-developer-chat/)
-   -   Games you would be interested in making (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/telltale-developer-chat/14334-games-you-would-interested-making.html)

Karmillo 04-14-2006 09:00 AM

Games you would be interested in making

Since you plan on bringing licenses from from "notable authors, game designers, comic books, and cartoons", are there any licenses that you hope to get hold of one day?

Not ones that you necessarily will get, but ones that would perhaps be your dream to get :P

Hammerite 04-14-2006 09:11 AM

i always thought a maniac mansion 3 would be a good idea (not episodic tho) and a grim fandango 2 will always be welcome but i suppose they are all in the sith grasp of lucas arts

Junkface 04-14-2006 09:14 AM

I've always wanted a Batman adventure game (he is the World's Greatest Detective.) What do you say Telltale? Will you do it for me?

wicked 04-14-2006 09:16 AM

What plans do you have for future games? Are they going to be funny like the Bone series, or something more serious?
Do you have the intention to make sequels to other popular games (of course, if Telltale has the legal rights) like Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island, Full Throttle or Grim Fandango?

We should let theese people breathe! :)

Hammerite 04-14-2006 09:28 AM

OOoooooooooooOOOOOOOooh!!
What about LOST!

Dasilva 04-14-2006 09:32 AM

Probably a Oblivion-looking Quest for Glory sequel or remake of the whole series.

Dasilva 04-14-2006 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerite
OOoooooooooooOOOOOOOooh!!
What about LOST!

Their making a lost game you know. ;)

kbruner 04-14-2006 09:35 AM

We love the funny/cartoony stuff, but there's a lot of "serious" stuff we'd like to do as well. I think Bone and CSI show we can do both fairly well!

HeatherLee 04-14-2006 10:06 AM

As long as I am just dreaming....

I'd love to get my designer hooks in A Series of Unfortunate Events. Yes, I know there's a game already and I admit I haven't played it but it was based on that mediocre movie. It'd be hard to find a license that was more perfect for adventure gaming.

There is also this little comic I picked up at WonderCon called Owly that I think would make a really fun game.

Everyday I think of something else that would be a fantastic game. And, of course, I'd like to be able to make them all. Sadly, Kevin and Dan won't let me. ;)

Hammerite 04-14-2006 10:08 AM

Have you ever seen Terry Gilliam's 'Twelve Monkeys'?
That would make a terrific action/adventure hybrid.

Karmillo 04-14-2006 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherLee
As long as I am just dreaming....

I'd love to get my designer hooks in A Series of Unfortunate Events. Yes, I know there's a game already and I admit I haven't played it but it was based on that mediocre movie. It'd be hard to find a license that was more perfect for adventure gaming.

There is also this little comic I picked up at WonderCon called Owly that I think would make a really fun game.

Everyday I think of something else that would be a fantastic game. And, of course, I'd like to be able to make them all. Sadly, Kevin and Dan won't let me. ;)

I remember Owly when it was a Web Comic :D
But then they made it a subscription site :shifty:

I quite liked the "S.U.E" movie(Billy Connoly again :D) but I did expect a bit more since A friend had always went on about the books.

You'r right though, a series where they make weird inventions out of random objects couldn't be more perfect for an adventure game :P

fov 04-14-2006 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerite
Have you ever seen Terry Gilliam's 'Twelve Monkeys'?
That would make a terrific action/adventure hybrid.

I agree. I love that movie. :)

Hmm... maybe it's time to rent it again. :D

HeatherLee 04-14-2006 10:32 AM

Twelve Monkeys would be great, but everyone knows the ending already!

Nonetheless something in that vein would be neat.

Anything where the author paints a really rich world to explore is great fodder for adventure gaming.

Lucien21 04-14-2006 10:36 AM

I have always thought Amelie would make a fantastic adventure game

Squinky 04-14-2006 10:42 AM

How about making a game based on a series of fantasy novels? Things like Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter have already been done, but something more obscure like George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire or Elizabeth Haydon's Symphony of Ages would be really cool.

Karmillo 04-14-2006 10:45 AM

Or maybe even Discworld :D

fov 04-14-2006 10:47 AM

Oooh.... The Dark Is Rising would make a great adventure series.

Jake 04-14-2006 10:50 AM

(Discworld)

... edit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karmillo
Or maybe even Discworld :D

right, beat me to it

DaveGrossman 04-14-2006 10:54 AM

Speaking of Terry Gilliam, Brazil would make a terrific game. I also wish I could rescue Howard the Duck from oblivion, because I was a fan of the comic book before someone [cough, cough] made that awful movie.... Let's see, what else... Cat's Cradle (Vonnegut) maybe, Calvin and Hobbes as long as we're dreaming... hmm...

vimes 04-14-2006 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherLee
Twelve Monkeys would be great, but everyone knows the ending already!

Nonetheless something in that vein would be neat.

Anything where the author paints a really rich world to explore is great fodder for adventure gaming.

If you manage to make something more like La Jetée - the short film which inspired Twelve Monkeys - you've got my admiration forever.