Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Telltale Developer Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/telltale-developer-chat/)
-   -   Games you would be interested in making (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/telltale-developer-chat/14334-games-you-would-interested-making.html)

HeatherLee 04-14-2006 11:00 AM

Oooh....Amelie! Genius!

I am a huge fan of George R.R. Martin's work, but I am not sure that an adventure game is the right genre for it. That is to say, I could see doing parts of the story as an adventure game, but....gosh I don't know. It is just so epic and huge. It hurts my brain to think abut it.

If you could make one game for each character it could work. Or maybe one for each faction. Other than that, you'd have to make very hard choices about whose story to tell. I don't think you could create a coherent experience out of, say, the whole first book while still telling all the different character's stories like he does.

If I had infinite time and money, the way I would do it would be to make one game for each character, telling their story all the way through the books. Then the next game would be a different character and you would see things through their eyes instead. Whew...that would be quite the undertaking!

Junkface 04-14-2006 11:05 AM

Something which as far as I'm aware has never been done before, and I think would be really interesting, is an interactive biopic, something like Raging Bull or Pollock in game form.

phankiejankie 04-14-2006 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vimes
If you manage to make something more like La Jetée - the short film which inspired Twelve Monkeys - you've got my admiration forever.

Perhaps you could try "The Man Who Killed Don Quixote"... imagine the marketing campaign "You missed it on the big screen but you can play it on your PC" :P

Poor Terry... such a nice guy but so much underestimated and unrecognised.

kbruner 04-14-2006 11:19 AM

I love what you guys are suggesting. We really want to push the envelope of what can be turned into a game! It's funny, there was a lot of backlash when the "Desperate Housewives" game was announced last month, but I loved it! I firmly believe that you can make almost anything interactive if your clever enough!

HeatherLee 04-14-2006 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vimes
If you manage to make something more like La Jetée - the short film which inspired Twelve Monkeys - you've got my admiration forever.

Nice try. I've seen that film. It was brilliant, but I think the best engine to make the game adaptation would be Powerpoint.

Lucien21 04-14-2006 11:21 AM

Well season 1 was as much about a murder investigation as being a soap opera so you could probably have made a pretty decent stab at an adventure game out of the concept.

HeatherLee 04-14-2006 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkface
Something which as far as I'm aware has never been done before, and I think would be really interesting, is an interactive biopic, something like Raging Bull or Pollock in game form.

That would be very, very fun and interesting. Human beings have such fascinating life stories and it would be really fantastic to let other people "play through" someone's life. Not to mention educational!

fov 04-14-2006 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbruner
I love what you guys are suggesting. We really want to push the envelope of what can be turned into a game! It's funny, there was a lot of backlash when the "Desperate Housewives" game was announced last month, but I loved it! I firmly believe that you can make almost anything interactive if your clever enough!

There's going to be a Desperate Housewives game?! :crazy:

I wonder what it'll be... a Sims clone? :shifty:

(I'd love to see a story-driven Desperate Housewives game, but somehow I doubt that's what we'll end up with.)

Melanie68 04-14-2006 11:25 AM

There is already. There's a thread in General about it (I'll look for it). :)

Edit: Dale beat me to it...

Dale Baldwin 04-14-2006 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fov
There's going to be a Desperate Housewives game?! :crazy:

I wonder what it'll be... a Sims clone? :shifty:

Yep.

vimes 04-14-2006 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherLee
Nice try. I've seen that film. It was brilliant, but I think the best engine to make the game adaptation would be Powerpoint.

That's why I said you would have my admiration forever... it's not something I usually give very easily :9

fov 04-14-2006 11:28 AM

Sigh. :frown:

I've always thought the Sims would be a great jumping off point for an adventure game (in some abstract way that I have trouble articulating)... maybe they'll still find a way to inject a story.

Hammerite 04-14-2006 12:39 PM

why dont you try finishing off the loom trilogy because i guess some of you veterans wouldve worked on the original and the other two before cancellation.

HeatherLee 04-14-2006 12:49 PM

I loved Loom too. It would be fun to do more of those games but I doubt it would be possible.

NcroManiac 04-14-2006 01:47 PM

How about a re-telling of Jacob's Ladder?

jp-30 04-14-2006 03:10 PM

I'd love episodic X-Files adventure games. Dark, atmospheric, but also hilarious in places. I guess now the TV series is long gone it would be hard, and the fans would gripe about stand-in voices.

Other 'historic' IP's I think would be really fun as episodic adventure games include Thunderbirds / Stingray etc, Dr Who, Young Ones, Blackadder (those may all be too UK-centric) and maybe some of those awful 80s properties like A-Team, Knight Rider, McGyver, if handled with a bit of a nod-and-a-wink etc.

Oh and Hitchhiker's Guide needs a retelling, though what with Douglas Adams stubborn refusal to participate further in that property (or any other), I guess it would be very hard to do... :(

Hammerite 04-14-2006 09:53 PM

the young ones was one damn good show.

tabacco 04-14-2006 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp-30
Oh and Hitchhiker's Guide needs a retelling, though what with Douglas Adams stubborn refusal to participate further in that property (or any other), I guess it would be very hard to do... :(

Yeah, the ultimate in stubborn, really. You know he died, right?

jp-30 04-15-2006 01:15 AM

Yes.

Maquisard 04-18-2006 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherLee
As long as I am just dreaming....

There is this little comic I picked up at WonderCon called Owly that I think would make a really fun game.

Owly rawks. :D