Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Telltale Developer Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/telltale-developer-chat/)
-   -   Crime Scene Investigation 3 (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/telltale-developer-chat/14331-crime-scene-investigation-3-a.html)

Lucien21 04-14-2006 11:09 AM

I noticed the 2 female actresses didn't do the voice overs.

Was that a timing thing or a budgetery thing?

And did you look around for soundalikes?

DesignerGreg 04-14-2006 11:27 AM

CBS and Ubisoft handle the casting of the show's stars, and are responsible for casting alternatives when one of them is unavaialble, for whatever reason. We were very happy to get all of the men. We'd love to work with everyone if we get to do it again...

It was a real pleasure getting to meet the stars and be a part of the recording sessions.

Interesting note - the Catherine soundalike is the "official soundalike" for Catherine on the show...

artwking4 04-14-2006 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesignerGreg
Interesting note - the Catherine soundalike is the "official soundalike" for Catherine on the show...

Why do they need a soundalike on the actual show? She's already there...:P
Crazy diva actors, too lazy to do their own speech, they have to hire someone else to do it for them!:pan:

TheGreyMatter 04-14-2006 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artwking4
Crazy diva actors, too lazy to do their own speech, they have to hire someone else to do it for them!:pan:

actually they dub TV shows quite regularly, especially when a show is filmed outside the studio and the audio records might not be clear.

Karmillo 04-14-2006 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artwking4

Maybe its something like a stunt double...but for voices

DesignerGreg 04-14-2006 11:38 AM

Did you guys know that all 3 shows are shot in LA? It was very strange touring the CSI:NY set when we were down there doing voice recordings...

Karmillo 04-14-2006 11:41 AM

Even the outside stuff?

artwking4 04-14-2006 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreyMatter
actually they dub TV shows quite regularly, especially when a show is filmed outside the studio and the audio records might not be clear.

Well, yeah, I did know that, actually.:) But I was just wondering why she (or others) can't do her own voicework for where the TV show is concerned. I understand that there are reasons why it would be necessary to use someone else for a voiceover in a game, but why would they use two different actors on the same TV show to do the same character?

DesignerGreg 04-14-2006 11:47 AM

There are a few shots they may do on location if it's absolutely necessary - but the vast majority is in LA.

DesignerGreg 04-14-2006 11:53 AM

Quote:

why would they use two different actors on the same TV show to do the same character?
There are a few reasons.

1) Actors are busy. Often they film multiple episodes at once, so they allow actors to spend more time on the important scenes - rather than do minor cleanup work. Most of the actors for reverse shots are stand-ins also. (Why take William Petersen's time if you're just going to be filming the back of his head - get another guy with white hair...)
2) actors don't all live in LA. so it may be too expensive to fly them out for something relatively minor.

Ultimately, the star's time is very valuable so they want to maximize their time on what's most important.

DesignerGreg 04-14-2006 12:57 PM

Hey - it's getting near 2:00 -

I wanted to say THANK YOU!

...to Emily, Doug and the folks at Adventure Gamers for having us here.

And a huge thank you to the members - for all your great questions and feedback. This was lots of fun for me - I hope you enjoyed it...

Here's to more top-notch games for everyone!!

-greg

fov 04-14-2006 01:02 PM

Thank you, Greg, for hanging out for so long. :D