You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2005, 01:38 PM   #21

All right, so here's the method to fix the various problems (wrong audio in the end sequence, shooting minigame not working) with the multilingual DVD version of Faust. This works for all seven (!) languages supported by the DVD release.
  1. Install the game in the language of your choice.
  2. Go to the folder where the game was installed. Copy PACK.INI as well as the DATA folder from the DVD there (that's about 3 gigs!). Windows will nag about DATA already existing and that some files will get overwritten; say "yes, now shut up and do as you're told" when asked.
  3. If you wish, you may remove the files for the languages you're not using. This will save a couple hundreds megs. To do that, paste the following commands into Notepad:
    Code:
    for /D /R %%1 in (FRA*) do rd /S /Q "%%1"
    for /D /R %%1 in (GER*) do rd /S /Q "%%1"
    and save the file in your install folder as remove.bat and run it. Of course, this is for the English version (which sits on the same side of the DVD as French and German); change things accordingly if you wish to remove different languages.
  4. Now, you have to find a way to get the ending videos from somebody who owns the CD version. Those files are called A15S01_E07M11_2.CI2 and A15S01_E07M11_3.CI2 and are located in the \DATA\A05S03\PLA\ENG folder on CD4 (or \DATA\A05S03\PLA\FRA for a French version, etc.). Amerzone posted the English files earlier in this thread; if the link is dead, ask here and others may be able to help. Others may possibly be able to help you with other languages; if it's not the case, you can just put the English files instead, you'll get the ending sequence with English voices and subtitles in your language.
  5. Rename those two files to 1505.CI2 and 1506.CI2 respectively, and put them in (Faust install folder)\DATA\A05S03\PLA, replacing the (wrong) existing files.
  6. Now, you have to tell the game to use the data on your hard drive. In your installation folder, you should find a file called fl.ini. Open this file with a text editor; the second line should read something like:
    Code:
    CDPATH:        D:\
    Replace that with:
    Code:
    CDPATH:        .\
And that's it! You can now remove the DVD (you don't need it to play anymore, which may incidentally make the video sequences run smoother) and run the game.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]

Last edited by Kurufinwe; 03-09-2007 at 08:04 AM.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:12 AM   #22

I know this a ressurection, but I'm having trouble getting hold of the cd files from streamload/mediamax and was wondering if anyone else is having trouble getting them to download too.

I've followed the instructions to copy everything from the dvd (I made sure I had the right side loaded ) and all I need is the bugfix cd files now for the community playthrough
Old 03-13-2007, 08:25 AM   #23

I've uploaded the files elsewhere.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/djtkdw
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 03-13-2007, 08:40 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe View Post
I've uploaded the files elsewhere.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/djtkdw
Thanks Worked perfectly
Old 09-08-2007, 08:35 PM   #25
UnseenUniversity Graduate

Could you please reupload these?

Thanks,
skeeter
Old 09-08-2007, 10:20 PM   #26

Here you go: http://www.sendspace.com/file/3n23i7
Old 09-09-2007, 01:06 AM   #27

Mirror (will be there at least till September 2008)

http://rapidshare.com/files/54397807/faust.zip
Old 09-09-2007, 01:33 AM   #28
UnseenUniversity Graduate

Thank you so much!