You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2004, 03:27 AM   #1

Default Project Syzygy

I have just found this site through an article done on Pervasive Games. I thought people should note that a new game is on the horizon! The game is Project: Syzygy it seems to break the barriers other games have. The game interacts with you through emails, phone calls, faxes, mail, and maybe real world encounters. This is a VERY big project and the game is set to launch around the first of the year.
This project sounds a lot like the big Halo2 Promotion (www.ilovebees.com).

There are a few sites which tell more about the game and the genre and they are listed below.

RGAlliance
Meta Unlimited
and ARGInsider

Is this kind of game something that can be successful in a big market?
Old 09-12-2004, 04:24 AM   #2
How am I not myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashcarey
I have just found this site through an article done on Pervasive Games. I thought people should note that a new game is on the horizon! The game is Project: Syzygy it seems to break the barriers other games have. The game interacts with you through emails, phone calls, faxes, mail, and maybe real world encounters. This is a VERY big project and the game is set to launch around the first of the year.
This project sounds a lot like the big Halo2 Promotion (www.ilovebees.com).

There are a few sites which tell more about the game and the genre and they are listed below.

RGAlliance
Meta Unlimited
and ARGInsider

Is this kind of game something that can be successful in a big market?
I dont know what the whole Halo 2, I love bees deal is. I mean I've been to the site and listened to all the audio files but what does it all mean? what is the deal?
Old 09-12-2004, 04:41 AM   #3

www.ilovebees.com is a promotion much like Majestic from EA. At least it has the same creators. The game is a very interactive story where players at the moment are sitting by payphones waiting for them to ring to get an audio file. The files are being brought together by the players to make a bigger story. It is essentially viral marketing at its best. Microsoft just showing off that they are a large part of American Culture. Unfortunately the game is only played at US payphones so the rest of the world is missing out.

www.projectsyzygy.com is trying to bring the whole world into the game and at the time is not linked to any company as a form of Marketing.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:01 PM   #4
pain is love

Sorry man, but this all looks like the next generation of spam to me...
SPAM I AM!

There are more old drunks then old doctors. - Willie Nelson

by_100ja
Old 09-12-2004, 12:05 PM   #5
fov
Rattenmonster

I tried looking through the sites and couldn't find any explanation of what an ARG *is*...
Old 09-12-2004, 12:41 PM   #6

Fov, I think I found a site that could explain more.

www.argeuro.net

Last edited by nashcarey; 09-12-2004 at 12:42 PM. Reason: wrong addy
Old 09-12-2004, 12:54 PM   #7
fov
Rattenmonster

Sounds kinda like that Michael Douglas movie, The Game. I don't know if I'd ever try it though... I don't always like to interact with people.

I'm going to move this thread into General Gaming since what we're talking about is not strictly an adventure game.

emily
Old 09-12-2004, 12:58 PM   #8
guybrush_guy

yeah, it's definatly a halo promation, if you have seen any movies latey you might of seen the halo2 movie trailer which at the end flashes "ilovebees.com

Old 09-18-2004, 02:32 PM   #9

I found this web site recently. There I found another site, www.rgalliance.com. They had an opt-in list in the lower right hand corner of the page, and I entered my info. Most of the time I would never give out info like that, but the reason they wanted it sounded pretty cool to me. Since it was free, I had nothing to lose.

They are a group of sites that specialize in Alternate Reality Gaming. Alternate Reality games are interactive far more than any game you will ever play. They can mail, email, instant-message, call, fax, text-message, or even use real world encounters to bring you into the game.

It was about 8:45 p.m. last night and I was just about to go to bed. Then I got a phone call. The person on the end said, “I am sorry to reach you like this, but you have to know, I am in danger and you are likely the only one who can help me.” Mind you, I have entered my info into that site a week ago so I didn’t remember to be on the look out for strange calls like this. The voice told me that he couldn’t talk more, but I could reach him at an email address. I emailed and got an automated response which was very cryptic and after some work I discovered a website. The website appeared to be a normal every day site for a micro-transmitter in development. The story kept bringing me in with different forms of interaction and now I am hooked.

There are a few places people go to play these games as a group. Usually the puzzles are extremely difficult and require collective effort to solve them. The two sites people are using at the moment are www.immersionunlimited.com and www.metaunlimited.com. They have chat rooms and the people seem pretty nice enough to help you along and learn how to play.

I intend to post more here, I just thought you would like to know what I found in the mean time.
Old 10-02-2004, 06:50 AM   #10

All these sites you've "found", don't you in fact own all of them.

I took a look at the whois of argeuro.net and it has your name down on it.

Spam......