The Walking Dead Xbox episode release dates - Adventure Forums
You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The Walking Dead Xbox episode release dates


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2012, 04:26 AM   #1
Member
 
LegendLongy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: England
Posts: 71
Default The Walking Dead Xbox episode release dates

After completing the first episode last night I did some fishing around and found these release dates on Team Xbox. If anyone else is waiting like me these might interest you:

■ Episode 2: Starved for Help - May 30th, 2012
■ Episode 3: Long Road Ahead - June 25th, 2012
■ Episode 4: Around Every Corner - July 27th, 2012
■ Episode 5: No Time Left - August 29th, 2012

I read a lot of negativity from the members of this forum regarding this game prior to it's release and I've got to say I absolutely love it. It's a modern point and click adventure game with classic Resident Evil style camera angles. You get lost in the story and it feels like an interactive cartoon. Once again, a win for TellTale in my opinion!
__________________
I have Medorthophobia...

Last edited by LegendLongy; 05-03-2012 at 07:04 AM.
LegendLongy is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 05:21 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
thejobloshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 303
Default

Dragon's Lair feels like an interactive cartoon... Not necessarily an adventure game though.

Do you know if there's any word of an actual physical release when all episodes are out like PC-DVD?
thejobloshow is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 06:04 AM   #3
In an evening of July...
 
kuze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendLongy View Post
After completing the first episode last night I did some fishing around and found these release dates on Team Xbox. If anyone else is waiting like me these might interest you:

■ Episode 2: Starved for Help - May 30th, 2012
■ Episode 3: Long Road Ahead - June 25th, 2012
■ Episode 4: Around Every Corner - July 27th, 2012
■ Episode 5: No Time Left - August 29th, 2012

I read a lot of negativity from the members of this forum regarding this game prior to it's release and I've got to say I absolutely love this game. It's modern point and click game with early Resident Evil style camera angles. You get lost in the story and it feels like an interactive cartoon. Once again a win for TellTale in my opinion!
Thank you for the release dates, I was wondering about those myself. And yeah, I absolutely agree with you, Telltale did great with TWD.
kuze is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 07:03 AM   #4
Member
 
LegendLongy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: England
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejobloshow View Post
Dragon's Lair feels like an interactive cartoon... Not necessarily an adventure game though.

Do you know if there's any word of an actual physical release when all episodes are out like PC-DVD?
Not sure on the disc release? I usually download their products of what platforms I can which are iOS and XBLA. Check their website out: www.telltalegames.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuze View Post
Thank you for the release dates, I was wondering about those myself. And yeah, I absolutely agree with you, Telltale did great with TWD.
No problem mate! Glad to help!
__________________
I have Medorthophobia...
LegendLongy is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #5
The Dartmaster
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Rafael, California
Posts: 3,084
Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake
Default

Sad news: Those release dates didn't come from Telltale and are therefore not really trustworthy. For all I know, the game will come out on those dates, but I would say right now: Don't expect it. When dates are known, they'll be announced on the Telltale blog, Walking Dead website, Telltale forum, etc. They won't show up first on an unofficial Xbox blog.
Jake is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Foinikas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 104
Default

Will it ever come out on DVD format for the PC?
__________________
Combine Condom with Mineral Water to get Waterballoon
Foinikas is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 90
Default

Most Telltale seasons are available on DVD after all the episodes are finished. If you bought Back to the Future at release you could download the episodes as they became available and then at the end of the season get a DVD for just the shipping and handling cost. Of course the most recent finished series, Jurassic Park, has not been released on DVD this way so they may not be doing it anymore. There is a Jurassic Park DVD in the deluxe release though, but it is more money than the standard one.

Do they not require activation with your Telltale account on disc or something? Is it a collection thing? I don't really know what the advantages of a DVD are for these games.

Last edited by louiedog; 05-04-2012 at 02:54 PM.
louiedog is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Foinikas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 104
Default

Mostly because I want to buy them in DVDs because I can't and don't download games from the net

It's much easier for me to get them on DVD.I honestly hope they release the Walking Dead on DVD because I'm a zombie game nut.And it looks beautiful,right?

BTW I heard the worst about Jurassic Park :S
__________________
Combine Condom with Mineral Water to get Waterballoon
Foinikas is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
thejobloshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by louiedog View Post
Do they not require activation with your Telltale account on disc or something? Is it a collection thing? I don't really know what the advantages of a DVD are for these games.
You need to have the DVD in the drive when you want to play the games. Easier to crack and much better than on-line verification IMO.
thejobloshow is offline  
 



Thread Tools

 


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.