Flight of the amazon queen - Page 2 - Adventure Forums
You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Flight of the amazon queen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2007, 03:03 PM   #21
AJC
Co-op player

I was thinking about how I would rate all of the adventure games that I've played, and came to the conclusion that Flight of the Amazon Queen is a good calibration point for my personal ratings system... as the median game - half are better, half are worse. (It's a tossup between Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle at the top; haven't decided on the worst yet!)

P.S. Lurked for a while, but recently thought that participating would be good too!
Old 06-12-2007, 04:53 PM   #22
Dread Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDread View Post
Show me a humourous game that doesn't have quotes from other sources and I'll show you a blank CD.
OK, but if the only good jokes are references to other, funnier and/or better source material... not a good sign.

BTW, just finished the game today. The second-to-last section (the underground temple area) is a nice series of well-designed puzzles. Quite enjoyable. But overall I give the game a 5/10. Definitely not on the level of the LucasArts-type game it so wants to be.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #23

Usually, i don't post links to playthroughs, walkthroughs, let's plays... but this one is different: The guy over at Telltale forums is doing an episodic (how appropriate) Let's Play using many screenshots and comments on the forums itself.

Take a look and beware of the spoilers if you haven't played the game.

The Biggest Adventure of the Past, Present and Future!
Old 04-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #24

I personally really enjoyed it...it's pretty funny overall (especially the ending!), and has a few challenging moments as well.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #25
3rd person fanatic :)

It's great!! One of the best masterpieces ever created on earth
Old 04-13-2012, 02:31 AM   #26
Filmfreak

I agree that Flight of the Amazon Queen is a really good adventure game.

I think of it as a mix between Indiana Jones and Monkey Island, and for something that was NOT developed by LucasArts, it sure nails the same level of quality and humour!
Old 04-13-2012, 09:28 AM   #27

I thought it was certainly not bad, but not great. The puzzles were unmemorable for most of the game. I think the problem is that it started off well, but got increasingly generic as it went on. It's a common problem.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #28

Old classic which I am enjoying on SCUMMVM and loving it.I love the graphics,the setting,the characters,the humor.Everything.