You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2004, 01:36 AM   #1
Hopeful skeptic

Default Publishing Deals

You've had quite a few publishers already, covering your three games! Some do only localized versions, I know, but for North American releases, you've worked with DreamCatcher, Viva, and now Ubisoft. In the UK, you've had Wanadoo, GMX (I believe) and now Digital Jesters.

Can you give us some idea how the process works? Do you fund all your own game development out of your own pockets, and then pitch your games to publishers? Or are you funded at all by various publishers? And how does it affect you to be working for different publishers on the same game?

Incidentally, I just wanted to point out that I've heard GREAT things about the job Digital Jesters is doing to market Silver Earring in the UK.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:47 AM   #2
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal
Incidentally, I just wanted to point out that I've heard GREAT things about the job Digital Jesters is doing to market Silver Earring in the UK.
As a gamer, I've seen quite a lot of press coverage for the game (though not many previews), as with all DJ-published games. And the free DVD will be neat to .

Furthering the above question, can I just ask if the publishers have had any noticable effect on the game, and if so, in what way? Or did they just leave you alone to develop?

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.