Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Reader Reviews (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/reader-reviews/)
-   -   Morpheus Review (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/reader-reviews/8407-morpheus-review.html)

Fairygdmther 05-26-2005 12:29 PM

Morpheus Review

Morpheus Review

FGM-Lyn

Sage 05-27-2005 07:36 AM

All things considered, I'd say that was a fair and balanced review. I never had the spinning problem, but I've only played the game on a Mac. Ditto the Quicktime problem, as on a Mac the game just uses whatever is installed as long as it's QT 3.0 or higher.

ScottMate

Fairygdmther 05-27-2005 08:12 AM

Thanks Scott - as far as the QT - it wouldn't work with any of the more recent versions on my PC - only the 3.0 that it came with. My friend at MM thought my review a bit harsh, but then I don't believe either of you has played Faust, that I compared it to, since it doesn't seem to be available for MAC's.

FGM-Lyn

Sage 05-27-2005 06:35 PM

7.5 out of 10 isn't a bad score, and it did suck you in enough to make you fritter away your off-days playing it.
I've heard people rave about games here that to me sound like fresh new versions of Hell that can be played on a computer, so everyone's taste in games is clearly subjective and very personal. The most we can hope for is to have a little overlap in our individual gaming preferences.
At least I managed to stumble on to this site where people like some adventure games...for the longest time, I thought I was the only person in the world who would rather use my brain than my trigger finger when playing a computer game.

ScottMate

Fairygdmther 05-28-2005 05:55 AM

Just curious, here, Scott - how did you happen to come here? I'm very glad you did - you are a wonderful addition to this forum, and you seem to be a really nice guy. I came when a friend of mine did (BJ), and then came to like many of the guys here. It has a refreshing approach to things that I enjoy - the differing opinions here are what makes this place rock IMHO.

FGM-Lyn

Sage 05-28-2005 07:00 AM

I did a Google search for "Games, Adventure, Reviews" and the reviews here were about the third site down the list. I didn't check out the forums until a review of "Zork-Nemesis" was posted which almost mirrored my impression of that game word-for-word.

ScottMate

Fairygdmther 05-28-2005 08:01 AM

Hmmm... you make me think here - maybe I should start a topic on how did everyone find AG - no one pointed you here? How lucky we are that you found us!

FGM-Lyn

Sage 05-29-2005 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairygdmther
How lucky we are that you found us!

FGM-Lyn

FGM, you make me blush!

ScottMate

simpson_yellow 09-27-2005 07:49 AM

Nice review, FGM. Thanks for taking the time to write it. I especially liked your intro - an interesting lead-in.

An atmospheric and memorable title. I particularly enjoyed the early exploration of the ship. I'm pretty much aligned with you score-wise, feeling it was a tiny bit better than a 7.5 but not quite an 8 :).

The high speed pirouettes were a bit of a problem for me too, although I never actually got stuck in rapid spin mode as you seemed to.

Fairygdmther 09-30-2005 02:12 PM

Thanks for the comments on my review!

Lynsie