You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Reader Reviews My Tales Of The Screaming Narwhal Review (Alternative Magazine Online)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2009, 02:14 PM   #1

Default My Tales Of The Screaming Narwhal Review (Alternative Magazine Online)

Hi everyone, I am a long time member here who is graduating this Thurday with a degree in Media and Film. (Some may remember me as the Grim Fandango tattoo and cookie guy.)

I have recently been trying to further my journalistic experience online, writing for Adventure Classic Gaming and also some indie adventure gaming sites.

I also have my own blog, but I often wonder if anybody even knows it is there! (I have had just over 1,400 visits in 3 months)

Anyways to get to the point, I have a review up for the new Monkey Island episode, and thought the community here might want to take a peek. I also have a interview with Dominic Armato coming up shortly!

The address is http://alternativemagazine.wordpress.com/ If you visit the homepage here, the review should be the most recent post at the top. Feel free to comment as well, as no signup is necessary and I love getting feedback to help me constantly improve as a writer.

(May I apologise in advance if this is in the wrong place, or if it is in any way against the rules.)

Cheers!

Last edited by MartyMcFly; 07-15-2009 at 03:36 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:54 PM   #2
The Quiet One

A very well written review. I'll be sure to check out the next one.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 07-14-2009, 03:15 PM   #3

Thank you! Feel free as well to check the rest of the site, I am a huge film fan and love to write reviews for the latest releases! I also write screenplays and hope in future if I cannot bring these alive via a cinematic medium, that I could perhaps adapt them into some indie games of my own!
(I really appreciate the kind words and feedback btw)

Last edited by MartyMcFly; 07-14-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:46 PM   #4
GoT

Send a message via MSN to GoT

Cool review and very nice looking site, easy to navigate and pleasant to look at for extended periods of time. No crappy colors. Added to Delicious Bookmarks.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:52 PM   #5

Thank you for the kind words GOT! I have replied to you in the comments if you take a peek, and I shall look forward to any more comments you add in future articles! I am also very happy about your comments with regards to the site. I shall be buying a proper domain name for it soon (rather than the wordpress one)and slightly updating the look, so it is really encouraging that you already like how it is shaping up!

My Adventure Classic Gaming reviews are available here if you are interested:
http://www.adventureclassicgaming.co...tegories/C462/

I also have some indie reviews and articles here:
http://hardydev.com/author/alternativemagazine/

Cheers!
Old 07-15-2009, 06:34 AM   #6
GoT

Can i just say that I've always looked for sites like that. Do you do reviews on fantasy and sci fi novels and stuff or dont you read much?? I would be keen to do something like that if you'd be keen to have a section like that on the site. I wouldn't expect you to just put stuff up of course i can take critique quite well and dont expect ppl to publish garbage esp arts graduates.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:56 AM   #7
GoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcFly View Post

I also have some indie reviews and articles here:
http://hardydev.com/author/alternativemagazine/

Cheers!
This site here i already have on my Delicious bookmarks and i found it only recently. Its a lovely looking site too and has some interesting time passing reads on it. Good site! I enjoyed the Sam and Max review on it in particular!
Old 07-15-2009, 07:10 AM   #8

Thanks! It is owned by a Polish writer, Igor Hardy, who I originally wrote an article for due to my Grim Fandango tattoo (search the site!). He eventually expanded and liked the work I had done, so now I am a co-author on there! I agree it is an excellent site! We hope to have much more Indie coverage in the future.

Also I just saw your comments and may take you up on that in the future! Once I re-launch my site I may bring other contributers on board. I LOVE to read in answer to your questions, both books and graphic novels. Keep in touch!
Old 07-19-2009, 05:11 PM   #9
Banned User

Default Water pipes

I am thinking about buying some wholesale water pipes from this company in China http://www.liangdianup.com/tobacciana_z.htm
but I am not sure if they are legal to bring in to the states? What are the laws on water pipes, bongs, and pipes?
Old 07-19-2009, 05:42 PM   #10
Banned User

Thanks for your sharingThanks for sharing this useful information. It's great.

taux credit auto - Taux crédit auto. Comparatif des
offres! Les meilleurs taux crédit auto sont sur le net !
Old 07-24-2009, 02:37 AM   #11

Hey, as a followup to my review there is now also an interview up with Alexandra Boyd here: http://alternativemagazine.wordpress...lexandra-boyd/

She seems really nice!
Old 08-01-2009, 08:30 AM   #12

Default Dominic Armato Interview

My Dominic Armato interview is also now live here:

http://alternativemagazine.wordpress...ominic-armato/

It makes a nice companion to my earlier review of The Screaming Narwhal.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:59 PM   #13
Citizen of Bizarro World

Great interview.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 09-03-2009, 02:49 AM   #14
GoT

Theres also a review of Episode 2 there now as well as a question and answer with Dominic Armato about episode 2!