You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Reader Reviews A few pointers - Carol Reed : The color of murder

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2008, 02:09 PM   #1
NO senior just Senorita..

Default A few pointers - Carol Reed : The color of murder

I have just finished it...
Carol Reed is back for her fifth case and I decided for the first time to join her and help her...
You can't see Carol and I don't have a clue what she looks like...There was a family album in her house, probably she is one of the figures there...
The game has a cool tutorial to help you to familiarize yourself with the game mechanics...
The game uses the clumsy real life pictures which you need to rotate each screen four times to navigate yourself...There was only one game like this before which I liked by the name of "Anacapri: The Dream"... and after playing this game it still remains the only one...
The game is exploring oriented....meaning not many puzzles nor talking to do...most of the time you are going to spin yourself like a Dreidel searching for items to pick up...If you miss one you are going to be stuck...There are 20 locations to explore and your main concern will be which one of them is going to be your next stop...
In this type of exploring it is very important that there will be a good music which the game manage to provide and nice scenery to watch which the game also manage to provide...
In this kind of a game you are half a player and half a tourist enjoing the view of a real life Sweedish town...
The characters are real life people...and when you talk with them you see their picture shifting every few seconds,showing them in different expressions giving you the illusion they are talking in spite of the fact that their lips are not moving..
The story : One young boy is missing...His father,your neighbour asking you to find him and from there the plot is starting to complicate...and you need to tie all the knots together...who cares...
The puzzles : Many puzzles are concernig doors or containers which you need to unlock...There were only one or two puzzles which I liked...most of them are negligible and I already forgot all about them..
Thankefully,there is a journal which in fact is a walkthrough !!!! And if you are serious of solving the game on your own you should not look there because it will tell you exactly where to go next and what to do there...Only when you are completely stuck open the journal and get a hint...If you still can't solve the game with the help of the journal,you and I need to make a serious talk...
The music in the game is the best part...and sounds are good too...
Best puzzle : Unlocking The box of colors(from that the name of the game), figuring out which combination of colors is the right one...nice puzzle
My final verdict : Bye bye Carol...It was nice to meet you...next time find someone else to keep you a company...

Last edited by Ursulla; 12-04-2008 at 02:24 PM.