You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Reader Reviews A few Pointers - Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2008, 02:08 PM   #1
NO senior just Senorita..

Default A few Pointers - Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy

I have finished it a week ago....
This game mean business...This game rocks...
The story is about a curse ,The curse is based upon a prophecy made by Nostradamus...12 people must die before the heir to the throne will die...The Queen visits Nostradamus asking his help...But he is weak and old and he send his daughter to investigate what is going on...
The puzzles are just excellent...You will make all kinds of potions...And of course the unique puzzles involving astrological signs and planets...This game is all about the puzzles...There are only 3 major (Home,Castle,Forge) places to explore and then you are left with the puzzles...Here is a game that will not let your brain go resting...Prepare to struggle...The battle is on...Only one time I succumbed and needed a walkthrough...
You will need to know
Spoiler:
the symbols for the planets and astrological signs
for one of the first puzzles and
Spoiler:
the order of the planets around the sun
for another puzzle...nothing to worry about...If you play adventures you should be smart..
So as the daughter of Nostradamus you will conduct the invesigation and will use him for advice and guidance...
Hero personality : Female ,young,shrewd...(where are all the hero men ? recently I'm playing only women )
The game is from 1st perspective in full 3D ,delight to the eyes...
Voice acting is terrific...
Story intriguing...
Puzzles rock...
Interface : Flawless..you can even dump useless inventory items...don't worry if you try to dump an important item she won't let you...this way you don't need to combine junk items...
This game is puzzle oriented...meaning not a lot of exploring and lot of talking...the focus is solving puzzles...
Best Puzzle : Unlocking the chest of Nostradamus son..what a puzzle...bravo...
Cool puzzle : A game...
Spoiler:
someone rolls 5 dice,tell you the sum of them and you need to guess how the roll is divided
..you have only few tries...

My final verdict : Buy it,Play it,enjoy it..no reservations..just play...

Last edited by Melanie68; 12-03-2008 at 06:27 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags
Old 12-02-2008, 03:53 PM   #2

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

I'm so glad to hear it! I've my eyes upon this game since a long time - I can't wait for the review, here at AG, to make my final decision!
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box