You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Reader Reviews Few Pointers: Chronicles of Mystery

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2008, 05:46 PM   #1
NO senior just Senorita..

Default Few Pointers: Chronicles of Mystery

I will delete this post once there will be a full review for this game :
I have just finished it...
So here we have again a game that deals with a devine relic from the bible when unleashed will destroy humanity...sounds familiar ? sure..it has been done many times before...
So from the stroy point of view there wasn't antything original..It didn't swept me at all and I kind of expected what will be the outcome of all this fuss...
so story is lame...
The puzzles were lamer...I stormed through the puzzles like they weren't existed...Most of them are inventory manipulation...It has been done many times before and better...There were only one or two puzzles worthy...
And now for the good news :
The graphics are stunning...real life graphics...breathtaking..
The music is also very pleasant and saved the game from total annihilation while exploring...
Ambient Sounds are ok...
Voice acting : Nothing special..
Best voice acting : The parrot...
Best puzzle : The stones in the garden of the Cardinal...
Hero Personality : Female,ARCHAEOLOGIST,serious,pleasant...
Interface : It bugged me that the inventory take up part of the screen and can't be hide...
So do I reccommend this game ?
Only if you havn't played this theme before and only for novice players who have difficulties with adventures...This game will make you feel good being able to solve the puzzles...
Tip : Many puzzles are solved only when an inventory item is seen in close-up...
My final verdict : Gorgeous Exterior...Lame interior

Last edited by Ursulla; 12-01-2008 at 06:20 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:46 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursulla View Post
I will delete this post once there will be a full review for this game
You don't have to. It's always good to have more than one opinion on a game, and this sub-forum is especially thought to be home for users' reviews.

About the game, I hadn't high expectations about this title and you seem to confirm that I may as well stay away for this one
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 12-02-2008, 04:32 AM   #3
NO senior just Senorita..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
You don't have to. It's always good to have more than one opinion on a game, and this sub-forum is especially thought to be home for users' reviews.

About the game, I hadn't high expectations about this title and you seem to confirm that I may as well stay away for this one
Alright..Thanks for the feedback...Cheers
Old 12-02-2008, 10:35 AM   #4

Well, sorry to disagree but I quite liked this one.

I'd like to point out first that I love easy puzzles. They make me feel smart I also hate being stuck on some obscure puzzle for too much time. I've been playing AGs since the late 80's so I'm hardly a novice, maybe just a little impatient (or just dumb).

I liked the graphics (most of it anyway), voice acting was fine (rare these days) and the music was good enough.

The story was not very original but hey, I'ts a long time since I played an adventure game with an original plot.

An overall enjoyable game for me... let's say 7.5/10.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:03 AM   #5
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

I don't think that the majority of puzzles in this game were that trivial on their own. It's the simplest possible interface, the always limited amount of locations and hotspots, and quite a few additional hints from the heroine that made them so easy to solve. And I agree with skurken that they were rather fun. Much more solid puzzles than in some important recent adventures, say, in Overclocked.