You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Reader Reviews A few Pointers : A vampyre Story

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2008, 11:31 AM   #1
NO senior just Senorita..

Default A few Pointers : A vampyre Story

I have just finished it ...
I expected it to be longer for a game above 3 Giga but as long as it last it was a blast..
Mona and the bat will comment on any given item and object excessively...
Each item and object can be examined,talk to,fly to and used and those two characters are going to discuss on every item four different times...Many locations are packed with items and objects so the result is lots and lots and lots of talking...So if you are allergic to endless yapping stay clear of this game...
But for others who don't mind this ,the conversations are full of wit and sarcastic remarks at each other...
But that is not all the talking...There are lots more with other characters and other inanimate objects...
The feeling is like watching a classic Walt Disney movie but with the ability of interaction....
The puzzles are well integrated in the stroy...They were funny and well deserved the effort of solving them...I managed to solve it all and not once I got stucked...and that is a good thing not to waste unneccessary time...Let me suggest a slow, careful ,deep exploration of each location...
The unique aspect of the puzzles are of course the abillty of Mona the vampire to change into a bat and not just that...She carries a bat on her shoulder througout all the game which helps in many puzzles...So the ability to fly opens lots of possibilties to solving puzzles...
And not just that,when you aquire the ability to bite people you can try to bite all kinds of stuff...And if you ask Mona to bite something she won't like she might say "bite me"...
Another unique aspect of the game is when Mona needs to carry a heavy item with her in the inventory she will refuse to carry it but instead suggest that she will remember it when the need comes to use it...nice idea I must admit...
And yet another unique aspect is the use of ideas in the inventoy meaning if you can combine two items together it will be remembered as idea icon to be used later...
So the evolution of adventures games is on....Yipeee
During the game you will aquire a book of 3 chapters to teach you all about being a vampire...This game covers only chapter one of being a novice vampire...In future games you will aquire more powers to give you a different experience...
The game ended abruptly but with a promise for a sequal which will start were we left off ...
Sounds music and graphics were top notch...

My final verdict : Why,Why the game ended so fast...but that is life,time fly fast when having fun...

Last edited by Ursulla; 11-30-2008 at 06:46 AM.