You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Reader Reviews Still Life - Over-hyped or what?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2008, 10:22 AM   #1

Default Still Life - Over-hyped or what?

I have to say i have never been so disappointed with a game than i was with this one...

And the 4 1/2 stars and the hypometer for the sequel are just mind boggling.

Ok - so i loved the clips and i loved the music and i love the concept but as for the gameplay, the puzzles the story, the bulk of the game... talk about dull.

Through-out the whole game i knew where i'd have to go next, what i needed to pick up, where the plot was heading. "I'm being sick every morning.... whatever could it be...?"

I spent more time walking the character between the screens than i did solving puzzles. You click on the elevator, select a floor and it makes you wait 10 secs before you can exit. If you removed the time it took to walk from A to B and removed the movie clips, this game would take 1 hour to complete.

There is a serial murderer on the loose, and one of the few puzzles is making cookies from a recipe that granny wrote in code - what?!

And then it comes towards the end, and i we don't find out who it is (SO predictable his body not being found) and they leave a HUGE question unanswered... How exactly did last intended victim end up in the hands of the murderer when she was supposed to being looked after with instruction not to let her out of sight!

The gameplay and dialogue just sucked from start to finish.

Movie clips and music - great... but they are the only redeeming feature of this game.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:29 PM   #2

For starters, why have you put this in the reviews section? Review and rants aren't the same thing.

Further more, if you look for similar threads in the adventure section of the forums, your points have been debated a number of times.

Not that any of that matters to you, as with lines such as "The gameplay and dialogue just sucked from start to finish.", you're clearly just trolling.