You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2007, 05:24 PM   #1

Default Ff12

I just beat FF12 and here are some thoughts:

The battle system can be both fun and terrible. The game has gambits which basicly make computer operate your characters for you. I set gambits on 2 characters and left my party leader under my control. You can remove gambits on all 3 players but since evrything in real time, you will have a hard life.

I think customization system is not bad too, you can move in any direction but the idea of purchasing spells after i aquire them is kinda weird. Another excuse to make you run from merchant to merchant.

The game features "hunt system" where you set off on quests to kill monsters for NPCs and get rewards. Often those monsters appear randomly and it si kinda brutal to run around all corners of the map just to find out you had to do this in the rain season. The rewards are small, you usually get some money and a so-so weapon so the whole thing is just a chore.

To boot it all up the game story makes no sense. The whole premise is just as excuse to get people join into a party and walk together. YEs all games are like that but this one does not even make an attempt to justify itself. Penelo went because she had nothing to do, Bash must protect princess, Vaann...w ell i dont know why he went. And in the end nothing really happens.

To me the game was hit and miss. I still spent 70 hours on it but i was left quite bitter at the end. I would say 7/10.