You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2006, 05:16 PM   #21
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Just a suggestion to everyone, please dont buy Psychonauts used because Majesco nor Double Fine won't see a penny of that money. Always buy it new if you want to support the people who make the games.

Last edited by Dasilva; 08-11-2006 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:50 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMDTech
I have yet to play this game although I want to. I never did see a PS2 version of it ever come out though. I would have possibly gotten it for the PC if I had the time and money to upgrade it which I didn't.
Apparently the PS2 version doesn't do the game justice (worse graphics). That being said, I didn't have very high specs when playing and the game was still terrific to play.

Unless you have a really slow PC, I'd suggest buying and playing even on a smaller spec level.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:55 AM   #23

Just got the PC version. It rocks, a fine piece of art...

PS: Collector freaks, get your asses here http://shop.doublefine.com/

Last edited by BuGz; 08-19-2006 at 05:02 AM.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:35 AM   #24

I'm not happy with their shop. They don't have any proper Psychonauts T-shirts. I emailed asking if they'd make any in the future but they won't. I don't want a double Fine T-shirt, I wanna Psychonauts T-shirt. It'd be a good piece of advertisement too.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:49 AM   #25

Send a message via AIM to RMDTech Send a message via Yahoo to RMDTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
I love you
Old 08-20-2006, 07:52 AM   #26

Send a message via AIM to RMDTech Send a message via Yahoo to RMDTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terramax
Apparently the PS2 version doesn't do the game justice (worse graphics). That being said, I didn't have very high specs when playing and the game was still terrific to play.

Unless you have a really slow PC, I'd suggest buying and playing even on a smaller spec level.
Well the bad part of it now is I have a Mac which is better specs than my old computer but don't think they made it for the Mac.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:54 PM   #27

have you tried downloading the demo? The should be one at gamershell or something?
Old 08-25-2006, 07:10 PM   #28

Quote:

I doubt that the PS2 version looks worse than a low spec PC version. I played the PS2 version and it looks fine - yes, perhaps not quite as impressive as Xbox, but certainly not dated or anything. Most importantly, the visual value of this game lies mostly in the cool art style - not the number of polygons - and the art is the same in all the versions.

Bottom line is - just play whatever version you can most easily get your hands on - it's truly a terrific game with a rare amount of imagination. My own review lives here (in case you enjoy reviews of the humorous variety)
Old 08-31-2006, 02:57 PM   #29

9.4... don't be such a stingy, tight arse!
Old 09-04-2006, 08:00 AM   #30

Quote:
9.4... don't be such a stingy, tight arse!
gotta leave a little room for a sequel
Old 09-09-2006, 04:47 AM   #31

yep, lol. BTW, another track missing from the OST is the music to the woman Psychic's level, the one where you're in a giant party palace. It was a little ambient but still good to listen to in any case.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:19 AM   #32
Evil Webmaster

Well you can always rip it from the game, I think that can be done.
So there you go
Old 09-14-2006, 02:31 AM   #33
Hot 'n Spicy

Thanks very much for your review Terramax.

That finally made me take the game off the shelf and actually play it at last. It had been sitting there for ages!

I have to fully agree with how great the game is. It's been a fantastic experience.

Haven't had so much fun since Crash Bandicoot on the PS1.

BTW, I'm using the USB controller that Play.com sell ( http://www.play.com/Games/PC/RTS/3-/...P/Product.html ) with a PS1 dual shock controller and as you said, by default the right analogue stick axes are reversed. However, you can change this very easily in the Options->Controls screen and that is how I'm playing it now. So, right/left moves the camera that way etc. (This is with the 1.04 patch applied btw.)

The only other thing I had to do was assign buttons for the item inventory and another for the PSI power inventory. I used the up/down buttons.

Now on the upper levels of the asylum. Hehe.

(My first post here btw)
Old 09-18-2006, 12:09 PM   #34

Welcome to the site. I'm so glad you enjoy the game. Yes, I used the same USBconverter with my ps2 pad. It's fine thing, and It only cost me about 6 pounds.

ANYWAY - what I REALLY wanted to post here was, if you like Psychonauts, you might like this game I've just bought. It's called 'Death Jr', and it's for the PSP (maybe it's on the PS2 in places like the US, but I'm not sure).

I bought this game because it looked like a cross between Grim Fandango and Psychonauts. I've only just started (I'm on the level after the training level) but, as long as you're not expecting the unmatched humour and A+ character design, Death Jr seems to look and feel a bit like the missing link between Grim and Psycho. If you find the game cheap, and you have a PSP, you may find this game quite fun.

Hell, I may just write a review of Death Jr here seeing that there are so many good responses to this thread.