You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2005, 04:11 PM   #1

Default Damn bug in Grim Fandango

hi all, damn bug dont let me go any furher in the game.
i try to go down the crane but its allways takes me up .
i tried to get down in lots of ways but all failed... i hope you know on what i talking about, its after i put the chains down on the crane... here a pic
http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crap7qv.jpg
thanks for helping.

Last edited by ravid; 08-01-2005 at 04:19 PM.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:31 PM   #2
with extra cheese!

I had the same problem when I recently replayed Grim Fandango. A pretty damned annoying bug. (Maybe a patch fixes this? I forget whether my version was patched or not.) This happens when you set the conveyor belt to go 'up' using the controls next to it. I would recommend you leave the controls alone until the 'chain' puzzle (you'll know when you get there).

Unfortunately, you're screwed. You'll have to restore an earlier savegame - and this time, don't even touch the controls next to the conveyor belt until the chain bit. If you don't have an earlier savegame, search around on the net - a downloaded save file saved my ass
and all the signs that should show me what's right and what's wrong have been knocked down, shaken and smothered by previous lovers and non-descript others like me, who don't know what it's for, all I know is that I want more.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:34 PM   #3
with extra cheese!

Save game files: http://www.grimfandango.net/?page=saves
and all the signs that should show me what's right and what's wrong have been knocked down, shaken and smothered by previous lovers and non-descript others like me, who don't know what it's for, all I know is that I want more.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:03 AM   #4

ok i get the pic... good thing i saved just before i go to the "eage of the world" .
btw there is bug like this in the other way too but i manage to run fast out of the crane.
thanx for help, i gonna have to do it the hard way.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravid
ok i get the pic... good thing i saved just before i go to the "eage of the world" .
btw there is bug like this in the other way too but i manage to run fast out of the crane.
thanx for help, i gonna have to do it the hard way.
I don’t remember having any problems when I played Grim last summer, dose the UK budget re-release have this problem fixed or was I just lucky?

I don’t remember installing any updates or fixes but I could have a look in my patch downloads collection when I get come and check if it would be helpful.

Edit : link to patch for game http://www.lucasfiles.com/?s=&action=file&id=43

Last edited by Dwyloc; 08-04-2005 at 10:22 AM.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:37 AM   #6
with extra cheese!

It's not really so much of a bug as it is a dead end, so if you don't flip the switch and leave it like that early on, you shouldn't have any problem. I played a budget re-release copy of the game, too, and had this problem. (I don't know if my copy was from the UK though... ) You were probably just lucky, Dwyloc.

And Ravid, did you get past the conveyor belt part alright the second time around?
Old 08-05-2005, 06:54 AM   #7

ok for the record, i tried to load the game before i ever got into this place.
the same problem has happend... so i just did a load to the save you gave me (thank you!).
and i know how to pass this problem, in the moment you get the palce press the switch so its lead to the ship but dont go on it.
keep playing the other places and you will find yourself on the beach and whan you put the chain on the crane its will lead it down and you can easy pass on it.
that the best i can think of, you can close this thread if you want.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:05 AM   #8
Remedial Member

Send a message via MSN to Hawker Typhoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravid
hi all, damn bug dont let me go any furher in the game.
jawohl!
Old 08-05-2005, 12:05 PM   #9

Quote:
It's not really so much of a bug as it is a dead end, so if you don't flip the switch and leave it like that early on, you shouldn't have any problem.
Since LucasArts is against dead-end scenarios, then we can say that this is something non-intentional which they forgot or passed around their double-checking.. therefore you can say it's a bug

...from a certain point of view
Old 08-06-2005, 02:26 AM   #10

hey, dont make fun of my english... Its not my main language.
but in this case it was a letter i didnt press .
Old 08-06-2005, 05:06 AM   #11

there's a way to pass this bug.
you need to slow down your processor speed.
i can't remember exactly the name of the program i used, but i think it's something along CPUKILLER.
after you'll use it, you'll have plenty of time to climb the belt. after you've climed it, just turn off the CPUKILLER and continue playing as normal.

good luck!
Old 08-06-2005, 05:20 AM   #12

hey good idea... but too late man.
i done the game.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:51 AM   #13
Old Git

I ran into the same problem when I played but was able to skip off the conveyor belt if I timed it right so I could change the controls. I never really got the hang of that - I just kind of randomly hit the keys until I was off!

Andy.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:27 PM   #14

i know its late,but for others who get in this trouble solution is next..hold down the left key and up key,and when Calavera turns his body(u got to be fast!!) in front of that handle,rapidly press Enter.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:28 PM   #15

lol last replay was in 2005 ,i am really late:D
Old 01-23-2008, 01:21 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyCalavera View Post
lol last replay was in 2005 ,i am really late:D
You were late, but better late than never. You really helped me with this one. Thanks!
Old 03-04-2010, 08:52 AM   #17
NO senior just Senorita..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assaf View Post
there's a way to pass this bug.
you need to slow down your processor speed.
i can't remember exactly the name of the program i used, but i think it's something along CPUKILLER.
after you'll use it, you'll have plenty of time to climb the belt. after you've climed it, just turn off the CPUKILLER and continue playing as normal.

good luck!
Thanks....
That CPUKILEER worked like a charm ....no need for a save game or anything else... just slow down your CPU and you can jump off that damned conveyor-belt...
Old 03-11-2010, 08:11 PM   #18

Man I need to replay GF like now. That one screen in your original post got me excited like a 16yr old in his girlfriend's bedroom. It's been about 2 years since my last playthrough...... and I think it's time!