You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2003, 05:20 PM   #1
guybrush_guy

Default broken sword 1 crashes at verry end

i'm realy pissed off...i'm am exicited about BS3 comming out so i decide to play BS1 and2 because i've never beat the games....i'm at the verry end of the game on the train....and it crashes....i bought the game from sold out software and there are no scatches and smudges on the cd's...any sugestion....(its patched as well

Old 11-13-2003, 07:37 PM   #2
Head up in the clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
i'm realy pissed off...i'm am exicited about BS3 comming out so i decide to play BS1 and2 because i've never beat the games....i'm at the verry end of the game on the train....and it crashes....i bought the game from sold out software and there are no scatches and smudges on the cd's...any sugestion....(its patched as well
I can't start BS2 myself, but Wajus gave me a link. From that site you can also download BS1 and BS2 save games. There is a save game with the train, maybe it helps you finish BS1. Good luck.

http://simplebrokensword.free.fr/download01.html
Old 11-14-2003, 02:30 AM   #3
Whinging Pom

Send a message via ICQ to DomStLeger Send a message via MSN to DomStLeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
I've never heard of this problem. (Though I did have a problem with the end scene on my original version of the game, but that was due to a scratch and it works fine on newer cdrom drives with better error correction).

What kind of install have you done? Try reinstalling it at full or whatever is offered, that may help (remember to back up your Save games though before uninstalling, just in case!). Or try copying some of the Cluster files from the cdrom to the broken sword directory.

Just to be clear though, where does it crash? After completeing the Train section or in the middle of it or what? And what do you do that causes it to crash? Also what OS are you using? (eg if it's XP then make sure you're running the game in compatibility mode) Give us as much info as possible
Still Get Mozilla Firefox! Forget that Chrome and IE rubbish!