Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   Looking for Hollywood Monsters Walkthrough (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/7791-looking-hollywood-monsters-walkthrough.html)

usman 04-12-2005 09:06 AM

Looking for Hollywood Monsters Walkthrough

Hi,

I am Looking for Hollywood Monsters Walkthrough. I know this game is not in English but someone told me there must be any walkthrough in english available on the net.

I have searched Google.com but no sucess. Anyone here Can Help ? finding me one :)

Jen 04-12-2005 05:56 PM

There's a walkthrough on the disk, at least for the English version that was never released. Otherwise, if you're able to play the game in Spanish, you should at least be able to understand a Spanish walkthrough.

usman 04-12-2005 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen
There's a walkthrough on the disk, at least for the English version that was never released. Otherwise, if you're able to play the game in Spanish, you should at least be able to understand a Spanish walkthrough.

Well Jen do you mean you got this game in English right ?

Jen 04-13-2005 10:57 AM

Nope. I had it once but no longer.

usman 04-13-2005 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen
Nope. I had it once but no longer.

Where it is now ?

Can I have the person contact who got it ?

Jen 04-14-2005 07:27 AM

I returned it, and no, it was given to me in confidence.

usman 04-14-2005 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen
I returned it, and no, it was given to me in confidence.

I still do not understand ?

fov 04-14-2005 09:35 AM

She's saying she can't give you contact information for the person she got it from. ;)

usman 04-14-2005 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fov
She's saying she can't give you contact information for the person she got it from. ;)

Thank's fov :)

Now I got it. But again I don't understand if there is an English Version why they do not release it ?

Stupid Policy Matters or what ?

fov 04-14-2005 09:45 AM

I'm not sure. Maybe they weren't able to find a publisher? I don't know the story behind this.

Why don't you send an email to Pendulo and ask them? [email protected]

usman 04-14-2005 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fov
I'm not sure. Maybe they weren't able to find a publisher? I don't know the story behind this.

Why don't you send an email to Pendulo and ask them? [email protected]

Thanks again fov. I have mailed Pendulo directly.

Here see what I have written.

Hi,

I would like to know if you guys have any plans to translate Hollywood Monsters in English ?

I assure you many games wanted to see this game in English, as I have read on many meaage boards as well. Perhaps after the
sucess of Runaway you guys should concentrate on translating this on into English too.

As I have also heard from few sources as you guys have translated a BETA of Hollywood Monsters in English, Go ahead guys
WE WANT TO PLAY IT IN ENGLISH.

Awaited for your reply in this regard.

Thankyou

Usman

Perhaps I think we should go for some kind of petation for the English Translation, as I think its a good Adventure Game :)

What you guys are thinking ?

:D

usman 04-18-2005 02:40 AM

Hi All,

Well have brought Hollywood Monsters in Spanish but unable to understand a single word :(

Its very bad to see such a wonderful & great effort only limited to a certain number of gamers :(

I wrote to Pendulo Studios regarding the translation but according to them they are right now concentrating on Runaway 2, may be after that they will go for the translation :)

Will it be good to start a Petitation ?

fov 04-18-2005 06:47 AM

I don't think a petition's going to do any good. :( If they're focusing on Runaway, they're focusing on Runaway - a petition won't change that.

But hey, maybe this way you can learn Spanish! I have heard a lot of people say they learned English from playing adventure games... Does it have subtitles?

usman 04-18-2005 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fov
I don't think a petition's going to do any good. :( If they're focusing on Runaway, they're focusing on Runaway - a petition won't change that.

But hey, maybe this way you can learn Spanish! I have heard a lot of people say they learned English from playing adventure games... Does it have subtitles?

Hi,

Yes it has sub titles as well as spoken Spanish :)

Also has option to put it on or off.

(Atleast someting I learnt so far in Spanish)

:D

usman 04-18-2005 10:25 AM

Hi,

Well I found a Spanish Walkthrough and Translated in to English :D via Bable Fish.

It worked and I got an English Walkthrough.

Here is the Spanish Walkthrough link http://www.trucosya.com.ar/listadotr...d_monsters.htm

If anyone wants an English Translation I will be glad to Provide :D

WOW Now I play this wonderful Adventure :D

olesolo 09-28-2007 04:26 AM

Hi everybody! :)

One russian guy unpacked HM resource files and share ES and IT dialoges on his website. If anybody wants to translate them to English please follow the links.

Spanish http://russo-pendulo.narod.ru/hm/files/text_esp.zip

Italian
http://russo-pendulo.narod.ru/hm/files/text_ita.zip

Sorry for my English :\

Gonchi 09-28-2007 11:01 AM

If it's allowed and some people might find it useful, I'd be willing to take some time to translate those from Spanish.

Anatoly 04-04-2008 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olesolo (Post 441875)
One russian guy

That was me. Actually, I am from Kyiv, Ukraine (so, one Ukrainian guy :))

Thank you very much for a short ad about me :) I am trying to translate this game to Russian or Ukrainian language for almost a year, but no luck. Nobody wants to do a translation for free. Well, no wander. :)

But if there is a guy somewhere, willing to translate this game to an English language, I will be glad to help him with this task. Just translate a few text files and mail them to me. I will recompile the entire game and you will get an English version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by olesolo (Post 441875)
If anybody wants to translate them to English please follow the links.

These two files are just an examples of the game dialogs. Two locations from Spanish version and the same two scenes from Italian one. If anybody wants to get the full set, contact me via email (a.prokofiev at gmail dot com) or ICQ (73339801).

P.S. Please, try to understand me. I don't know, if it's legal to translate such an old game without direct permission from Pendulo. A year ago I wrote a letter to their support department, but still got no reply. I think, that Hollywood Monsters is a great game and it should be translated. Let's just try to translate it. As long as we are not trying to sell it, we can always delete the result and forget about everything. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonchi (Post 441923)
I'd be willing to take some time to translate those from Spanish.

Currently I am trying to contact you via ICQ. :)