Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   Lure of the Temptress + Monkey 2 (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/5509-lure-temptress-monkey-2-a.html)

MDMaster 11-10-2004 11:43 AM

Lure of the Temptress + Monkey 2

Hey all, I have somekind of special request to make.

I own both games original and all (do you want me to take pictures? :D) but I have recently discovered that disk 1 of Lure is clearly missing some files and a MI2 disk has broken down. So does anybody own the original diskette version of any of those two games? I know you do, but you don't ever open it fearing you will ruin the box, right? :p
Anyway I would need some help in telling me the files that I'm missing and hopefully restoring those lost ones.

Thanks!

Dale Baldwin 11-10-2004 11:52 AM

Lure of the Temptress was released as Freeware by Revolution.

Get it here.

MDMaster 11-10-2004 01:26 PM

You did read my post, right? :D

This has nothing to do with the game being freeware or not, I need to know the content of the first disk of Lure of the Temptress (and the other 3 too, maybe), I don't need to download the game or anything, since it wasn't meant to be copied on disks, nor does it include every file that was on 'em.

RLacey 11-10-2004 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDMaster
You did read my post, right? :D

This has nothing to do with the game being freeware or not, I need to know the content of the first disk of Lure of the Temptress (and the other 3 too, maybe), I don't need to download the game or anything, since it wasn't meant to be copied on disks, nor does it include every file that was on 'em.

I'm confused. Are you simply after the disk contents for collecting reasons? The game itself is tiny, and if you just want to play the game then surely a fresh download of the freeware version makes sense?

Dale Baldwin 11-10-2004 02:16 PM

Quote:

Anyway I would need some help in telling me the files that I'm missing and hopefully restoring those lost ones.

Yes I can read, thank you very much! Cheeky beggar.

I took "hopefully restoring those lost ones" to mean you needed the files, which I assumed would be in the downloadable zip.

Anyway, my LotT game disks are labelled "Disk A", "Disk B", "Disk C", and "Game disk" - which one is your disk 1?

Edit: Here are the contents anyway, and I don't see how these really help you.
Game disk: lure.exe install.exe disk1.vga disk2.vga

Disk A: disk3.vga disk4.vga

Disk B: disk1.ega disk2.ega

Disk C: disk3.ega disk4.ega

MDMaster 11-11-2004 02:09 AM

My point exactly, I'm missing most of the files on the game disk, the others should be complete. Dale would you be so kind to help a cheeky beggar and send me all files on Game disk except Lure.exe? You can find my email on the profile, that would be great thanks :D

As for Lacey who's wondering if I'm actually crazy enough to be looking to restore my original game disks: yes, I am. I spend 300$ dollars a week to buy boxed games on eBay!!!! Too late to save me now, save yourself!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!

Dale Baldwin 11-11-2004 04:25 AM

Quote:

Dale would you be so kind (snip..)

Will have to wait until I get home from work, unless someone else beats me to it.

ADVENTURE-RAIDER 11-11-2004 01:34 PM

Quote:

Hey all, I have somekind of special request to make.

I own both games original and all (do you want me to take pictures? :D) but I have recently discovered that disk 1 of Lure is clearly missing some files and a MI2 disk has broken down. So does anybody own the original diskette version of any of those two games? I know you do, but you don't ever open it fearing you will ruin the box, right? :p

Thanks!

Which MI2 Disk are you missing?

MDMaster 11-11-2004 02:34 PM

Disk 3 seems to be having probs, if you could send me the contents (zipped is better), I would be glad. The broken file on my disk is PCV10_C.MI2. Thanks for helping.

Wormsie 11-11-2004 02:50 PM

So you bought a malfunctioning game from eBay.

MDMaster 11-11-2004 02:55 PM

Does that surprise you? Unless it's clearly stated in the auction I do not usually expect disks to be working, and consequently I pay less money for the game.

And btw I already owned both games in other formats, I just love boxes and working disks :D

ADVENTURE-RAIDER 11-12-2004 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadworm222

Hey deadworm, just an off topic question: I have a couple posters and t-shirts of Tse Gevara and they have the sentence: "HASTA LA VICTORIA SIEMPRE" under his picture. What does that mean exactly? I had asked a lot of South American people and nobody could give me a translation! :confused:

ADVENTURE-RAIDER 11-12-2004 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadworm222

Unfortunately there are a lot of sellers on Ebay that sell malfunctioning games. You can avoid purchasing such games if you ask the sellers questions about the games and their contents. I know a lot of sellers state that the auction is sold "AS-IS" (probably one of the most stupid statements on eBAY), but if you ask them a question about an item, most of them answer back with the info you need to know.

MDMaster 11-12-2004 09:56 AM

Hey, don't go off topic, will you send the MI2 file or not? :D

ADVENTURE-RAIDER 11-12-2004 10:42 AM

Quote:

Hey, don't go off topic, will you send the MI2 file or not? :D

Hey man, I am trying to attach the MI2 Disk3 file to my response but it says that the file is too large.(the file is in "zip" format) Why? Is there another way? You want me to maybe e-mail it to you?

MDMaster 11-12-2004 02:01 PM

Well, attaching the file to the forum would upset the server (not to mention some mods) so I guess e-mail is more than fine, thanks ! :D

ADVENTURE-RAIDER 11-13-2004 09:08 AM

Quote:

Well, attaching the file to the forum would upset the server (not to mention some mods) so I guess e-mail is more than fine, thanks ! :D

I e-mailed you the file at the e-mail address(hotmail) you have on your website. Let me know if you got it.

MDMaster 11-14-2004 03:43 AM

Yeah I got it, so I thank you and Dale (again) for the help, great guys :D

galacnor 11-29-2011 11:56 PM

monkey island 2 disk 3

Hey guys I know this page is really old,but I'm hoping one of you may still be around here. I'm looking for that file for monkey island 2 as well.(the one from disk 3) I don't really have anything to offer, unless you want a file off of one of my other 3.5's for it or another old game.
Could a trouble one of you to send me that file from MI2 from Disk 3?
it would be very helpful.
thanks
Alex

Wormsie 12-18-2011 09:13 PM

Huh, I've been grumpy way back in 2004.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADVENTURE-RAIDER (Post 91261)
Hey deadworm, just an off topic question: I have a couple posters and t-shirts of Tse Gevara and they have the sentence: "HASTA LA VICTORIA SIEMPRE" under his picture. What does that mean exactly? I had asked a lot of South American people and nobody could give me a translation! :confused:

Toward final victory.