You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2004, 11:47 PM   #1
Mad Rabbit

Default Greetings From Monkey Island (4)

Maybe I'll just stay here with Herman Toothrot and live out the rest of my days on this beautiful island paradise. And why not? Food is plentiful (if you enjoy monkey meat), and there's plenty to do as well. Boulder flinging and lava rafting never get boring.

Elaine? Who needs her? She was getting on my nerves anyway with her constant nagging. It's not the ending I anticipated, but at this point, I can easily accept it.

Honestly, what else can I do? I know my goal was to get off of this island, but in order to do that, I first need to solve a few problems. That might be easy to do, if only there were actual problems to solve. I did manage to jog Herman's memory and open a door with Timmy's help, but that's about it.

What are my short-term goals here? I was thinking maybe I need to stop the lava flow so I can access the other side of the island. Does that sound like a good idea?

What's with the rocks and the three canals? The small rocks are mysteriously transformed into huge boulders when they land. Is this a mystery that's worth investigating?

Other than those two issues, I'm stumped, and I'm growing tired of this game. I installed it on May 1st, but frequently leave it alone for days or weeks at a time simply because I'm all out of ideas, and the "try everything with everything" approach is too tedious in a game with so many red herrings.

No spoilers please, just point me in the right direction if you can.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:48 AM   #2
Evil Webmaster

Log rafting seems like a good idea, would you like banana pickers to go with that?
So there you go
Old 10-12-2004, 01:07 AM   #3
Mad Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMaster
Log rafting seems like a good idea, would you like banana pickers to go with that?
Thanks. If you're refering to the milk bottle, I already grabbed it. Herman mentioned it in a conversation, so I "gave" it to him. I also beaned him with the coconut.

Is the milk bottle good for something else? Does the banana picker have another use while riding the log? I also attempted to grab the bridge with it - thinking I could lift myself onto it, but no go.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:39 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey
What's with the rocks and the three canals? The small rocks are mysteriously transformed into huge boulders when they land. Is this a mystery that's worth investigating?
There a small puzzle here. Did you solve that?
If not,

Spoiler:
there are three exit for the rocks, if I remember correctly, and you need to make a rock go out the middle one.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:43 AM   #5
Evil Webmaster

Yeah, there's the milk bottle and the boulders problem to solve with the bananapicker.
So there you go
Old 10-25-2004, 10:03 PM   #6
Mad Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
There a small puzzle here. Did you solve that?
If not,
Spoiler:
there are three exit for the rocks, if I remember correctly, and you need to make a rock go out the middle one.
My problem here was that I thought I'd already sent a rock out of the middle exit. I should've paid closer attention to where they were going.

I finally figured it out, and got to the other side of the island.

Thanks for the tips everyone posted.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:58 PM   #7
Doctor Watson

EDIT: Oh, you got it already
Old 10-26-2004, 01:24 AM   #8
Mad Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadworm222
EDIT: Oh, you got it already
Yep. And now I can look forward to Monkey Kombat. I've heard a lot of bad things about this part of the game. Is this a puzzle that's worth an attempt at solving? Or should I just skip it (cheat)?
Old 10-26-2004, 01:46 AM   #9
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Yep. And now I can look forward to Monkey Kombat. I've heard a lot of bad things about this part of the game. Is this a puzzle that's worth an attempt at solving? Or should I just skip it (cheat)?
I found it very easy. It's pretty boring, but it's rally just a case of learning what beats what and then following the rules.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 10-26-2004, 01:59 AM   #10
Mad Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
I found it very easy. It's pretty boring, but it's rally just a case of learning what beats what and then following the rules.
Oh. I got the impression that it was impossible to solve without cheating.

I guess I'll give it a shot.
Old 10-26-2004, 03:54 AM   #11

Quote:
Oh. I got the impression that it was impossible to solve without cheating.

I guess I'll give it a shot.
Nah, it's not that difficult, but it's boring. And pointless.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:09 AM   #12
Doctor Watson

One thing: if the insults seem to change all the time, you're doing something wrong.

I only learned this years after the game was released.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:21 AM   #13

Quote:
I actually kind of liked Monkey Kombat. Sure, it gets a bit repetive after a while, but for an arcade sequence, it's not that bad.