You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Kings Quest 3 - Caves/Mountain at the End

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2004, 09:48 PM   #1
More slaw!!!

Default Kings Quest 3 - Caves/Mountain at the End

Unless someone can provide me with a saved game of this section, I want be able to finish the game... but I will at long last have closure of what one does here.

I got stumped at this part of KQ3 when I first played it, and I could never get past it, no matter how many times I went back and tried. I knew heaps of other people that had this problem as well.

If you've played the game, you probably know what scene I'm talking about. I don't know how else to explain it, either. It's right near the end of the game. Theres a cliff face, and there are a few caves in it.

I read walkthroughs at the time, all of which told me to, "Navigate your way through the caves". I could never do it.

I tried a million spots climbing down the cliff, I tried a million combinations of moving around when he walked into the caves [and I couldn't see him] and nothing... I could never. Ever. Ever. Do it. I get the feeling that perhaps my mind just put the wrong idea into place, and I hadn't been able to think outside of that...

But I need closure.

How is it done.

Post screenshots if possible! With little arrows pointing, and a nicely patronising explanation!
Old 08-30-2004, 09:01 AM   #2
fov
Rattenmonster

It's been a very long time since I did this. If you can send me a saved game for just before this point, I will try to load it up and take some screenshots for you (and if I'm able to get past it, I can save for you afterward and send it back).

There are two things you need to send - the save itself, and the file that lists the names of all the saves. I am at work right now but I can double check when I get home what the names of those files are.

-emily
Old 09-05-2004, 09:34 AM   #3
Adventure Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toefur
Unless someone can provide me with a saved game of this section, I want be able to finish the game... but I will at long last have closure of what one does here.

I got stumped at this part of KQ3 when I first played it, and I could never get past it, no matter how many times I went back and tried. I knew heaps of other people that had this problem as well.

If you've played the game, you probably know what scene I'm talking about. I don't know how else to explain it, either. It's right near the end of the game. Theres a cliff face, and there are a few caves in it.

I read walkthroughs at the time, all of which told me to, "Navigate your way through the caves". I could never do it.

I tried a million spots climbing down the cliff, I tried a million combinations of moving around when he walked into the caves [and I couldn't see him] and nothing... I could never. Ever. Ever. Do it. I get the feeling that perhaps my mind just put the wrong idea into place, and I hadn't been able to think outside of that...

But I need closure.

How is it done.

Post screenshots if possible! With little arrows pointing, and a nicely patronising explanation!
It's been a long time since I played this game. I remember this puzzle, though.
Start by heading down the face of the cliff in between the caves where there are climbable areas. You want to get to the center cave, it is the one that hides the exit. Hope this helped.