You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Running Perry Rhodan on laptop? Windows 7? Can it be done?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
Adventure Gamer for Life

Default Running Perry Rhodan on laptop? Windows 7? Can it be done?

Ok, I just got a new laptop with a dedicated video card. So I'm trying to install games I couldn't play on my old laptop. I'm trying to get Perry Rhodan: Immortals of Terra to play and it's just not working.

When I try to start it, it just keeps telling me I need to run it as an administrator. Except I AM an administrator, and I set it to always run the game as administrator. I've tried running in compatibility mode for XP SP2 and XP SP3. I tried downloading the official patch and a no-cd crack.

Ok, after typing that I tried updating the copy protection driver, and now, instead of telling me I need to be an administrator, it opens a black window, which then promptly crashes and says "this program needed to close." This now happens no matter what, on both a DVD dependant exe file and a no-cd cracked exe file.

WTF? On my old laptop I had no problems opening the game, just the graphics didn't work right. Now I don't know what to do. Anyone had similar problems or got the game to work on a similar setup?