You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2012, 09:56 PM   #1
Senior Automaton

Default Qfg4

I'm on day 27 and haven't really made what I would call 'progress' towards the end of this game. I've sorted out Baba Yaga, reunited the gatekeeper and storewoman, saved the gypsy, got my palm read, saved Igor. There's been a lot of talk about a 'Dark One', but I haven't seen him yet. What am I supposed to do? I'm a paladin, by the way.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #2

Doesn't the paladin ghost have pointers for you? (I can't remember, it's been years since I last played the game as a Paladin.) Or the gipsy leader (you should visit her regularly)?

In any case, your quest should now take you to the castle. The path begins
Spoiler:
in the cemetery.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 03-15-2012, 10:06 PM   #3
Senior Automaton

I've been through the crypt passage into the castle. Nothing to do there except talk to the girl and stare at the goons.

The ghost tells me to bring his sword to his grandson. I don't know where the sword is, nor the grandson.

The gypsy leader read my cards twice and I didn't get anything out of that either time.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
I've been through the crypt passage into the castle. Nothing to do there except talk to the girl and stare at the goons.

The ghost tells me to bring his sword to his grandson. I don't know where the sword is, nor the grandson.
If you had paid attention to what everyone's been saying, you'd know his grandson is the burgomeister. And you've been using the sword for a while now. That's why it gets pretty flames, which is something only paladin swords can do. (Seriously, are you just clicking stuff at random and not paying attention to anything? It's not one these Gobliiins games, you know. ) Once you've dealt with that, the ghost should give you another task, which, if I remember correctly, should unlock things in the castle.

(To be honest, when I first played the game, I remember being very confused most of the time. I blamed it on my being 11 and not being completely proficient in English, but I do believe that QfG4 can be a bit messy and overwhelming the first time around and could do with a bit more structure or hand-holding. Of course, once you've played it once and start replaying it, you come to enjoy the freedom and the richness of the world, but the first time around can be rough.)

Quote:
The gypsy leader read my cards twice and I didn't get anything out of that either time.
There are 4 or 5 different card readings. They're not essential but give some interesting context. Also, sometimes she'll start the conversation by mentioning one of her dreams, which contains hints as to what to do next. So make sure to visit her regularly.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]

Last edited by Kurufinwe; 03-15-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
Senior Automaton

Tried giving the sword to Burgomeister, he just says thanks and doesn't even take it. There's no Sierra *ding* for the action so I assume it's not something you have to do. The ghost says the same thing afterwards too.

It's so annoying to have to wait until night for stuff to happen. I do one thing in the morning then click on "sleep for 60 minutes" 12 times so it's night again.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:31 PM   #6

Did you go inside his office and try talking to him, or maybe give him the sword there? If I remember correctly, he should end up giving you the shield (the one that's on the wall), which also belonged to his ancestor.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:14 AM   #7
Senior Automaton

*slaps forehead*

I don't know why I didn't think of going inside. Still, I don't know why the Burgomeister needed me to be inside either.

Now I'm off to the castle to be a Hero. Thanks for the help - I may be back later.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:17 AM   #8
Senior Automaton

I think I've run across a bug - found this on sierrahelp.com

Quote:
Problem - Can't Get Tanya's Doll:
You are unable to get Tanya's doll from the cabinet in the inn, and you never visited the Domovoi before.

Solution:
With this bug, you must visit the Domovoi before Day 5. You do so by waiting until midnight and going into the dining hall of the inn downstairs. The green Domovoi will be sitting on the mantle above the fireplace. You must make this visit so that he will give you permission to get Tanya's doll later on. The bug makes it impossible to visit him after Day 5, so you must take the opportunity to visit him before that day passes. If you are beyond Day 5, you will, unfortunately, have to start the game over. If you don't visit the Domovoi early, you won't be able to get Tanya's doll later, and as a result, you won't be able to beat the game.

I hate you Sierra

I don't suppose anyone has a patch. Collector?