You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Quest for glory anthology - QFG4 not in English?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #1
Senior Automaton

Default Quest for glory anthology - QFG4 not in English?

I've got the QFG anthology containing games 1-4. There's a folder for the QFG4 CD version and the German dos version.

The German version works fine in dosbox but I can't speak German. The CD version folder doesn't contain any executable - just the install and a few other files. There doesn't seem to be any game in there.

Has anyone managed to get it working?

Thanks.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #2

The QfG4 CD stuff might be at the root of the disc rather than in a subdirectory, because that's what the game expected for the stand-alone version? I don't have the QfG Anthology (I have the QfG Collection Series), so I'm just guessing here, but I distinctly remember that there was at least one of those Sierra collections that did exactly that.

Also, Collector's installer will certainly help if all else fails.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 03-07-2012, 11:25 PM   #3
Senior Automaton

Wonderful! I didn't expect Collector's installer to work (those things never work for me), but it did. Thanks.

Now I just need to make the window size larger. I chose 'large window' in the configurer but it's still pretty small.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:48 AM   #4

Did you change the output?