Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   Blade Runner on Win7 64bit (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/30597-blade-runner-win7-64bit.html)

Manhunter71 03-06-2012 06:21 AM

Blade Runner on Win7 64bit

As the title says - anyone know how to get Blade Runner working on Win7?
I can't believe missd this game when it came out, but I just watched the movie again yesterday and I really want to play it - even if it isn't any good

TheLongestJourney 03-06-2012 07:10 AM

I followed the steps here http://www.davidmillington.net/news/..._game_vista_64 and they worked for me and the game played perfectly.

Collector 03-06-2012 07:12 AM

Try this: http://sierrahelp.com/download.php?f...unnerSetup.exe

Manhunter71 03-06-2012 07:15 AM

ok, thanks guys - I'll check both those out and let you know how it turned out

JBS 03-06-2012 07:40 AM

You need set affinity to 1 core from task manager and you can save it with a freeware like Prifinitty.
For getting shooting range work, you need Turbo or similar(cpu reducer)set about 10% and start with multiple instances for everycore.
Before start dont forget to choose user choice dialog option from menu and save often before asking questions, that's all enjoy the best cinematic adventure of last century.

Collector 03-06-2012 02:29 PM

My installer does not include anything for setting affinity nor speed throttling. I just had a request a few months back to get this game to run Win7. I did not test it beyond getting it run without graphical issues. It would be fairly easy to add it, if it is necessary.

subbi 03-06-2012 11:26 PM

Hi Collector,

So your installer is not to be used in conjunction with the installation explanation of david millington?
Silly me, I thought it was just the compiled version of his installer....and indeed it did not work.

Do I just need the 4 cd's to start up your installer?

Thanks,

Collector 03-06-2012 11:51 PM

No, it is not the same at all. The other installer is very crude and does not include any compatibility fixes for the graphics. It was mostly intended as a replacement for the 16-bit installer on the CD so the game can be installed on 64-bit systems. It is very big download because it does not properly deal with concatenating the game's resources spanned across all four CDs, and thus includes over 300 MB of game data, calling into question the legality of the download.

My installer does require all four original CDs. While it, too is created in NSIS, it is vastly different. It properly concatenates the game's data with files from the user's CDs, and so does not include any game data. I created a compatibility fix that gets installed with the game.

I have a new version uploaded that includes a tool to automatically set processor affinity. Same link as I posted above. I need to track down a 32-bit freeware command line slowdown utility to include to address any speed issues, if really needed. Without testing the game, I don't know how necessary the affinity and slow down tools are really needed. In the mean time, if the slow down is needed, users can just use anything like Turbo to use outside of the game before starting the game. The game is set to use CPU0, so affinity for the slowdown utility needs to be set for CPU0, too.

Snarfeck 03-09-2012 12:31 PM

collector, is your installer also compatible with the dvd version of blade runner?

thanks for your time.

Snarfeck 03-09-2012 02:32 PM

i tried using the installer you supplied above, but it doesn't seem to like the DVD. oh well. thanks anyway!

Collector 03-09-2012 07:18 PM

I don't have the DVD version to add support for it, so the installer only looks for the CDs.

mechanoob 03-12-2012 10:05 PM

blade runner missing npc help

Collector, great job with this DL! I've been looking for a way to play the game for a long time and your program is a miracle! I happened to have found an issue however. The game starts and runs great, unfortunately when I start the first mission at the pet store the store owner isn't to be found but I can hear him. At first I thought I wasn't clicking the right area but after looking on Youtube it appears that the store owner is glitched out and i cant talk to him. I uninstalled and reinstalled but the issue is still there. Specs: Intel 7, nvidia 580, win 7 64. Can you offer any help with this? Thanks!

Collector 03-12-2012 11:10 PM

Do you have a save game from just before the pet store?

mechanoob 03-13-2012 01:06 AM

Yes I believe I did save it once but that was before I walked into the store or talked to anyone. I think I saved the first chance I got just to make sure the save function worked. But since I uninstalled and deleted all relevant files and reinstalled I don't think that would matter anymore. After installing and starting the game again I still have the problem of the store owner not being there but can still be heard.

Collector 03-13-2012 02:00 AM

I'll look into it when I get a chance.

mechanoob 03-13-2012 03:18 AM

Awesome thank you! Hope you find a fix!

mechanoob 04-21-2012 09:04 PM

Have you had a chance to look into the issue I'm still having with the game?

Collector 04-22-2012 01:51 AM

Sorry, I've been really busy, but I have not forgotten.

Orbic 05-08-2012 07:07 AM

Hi there

Just a quick note to say that I have the same problem as mechanoob: the game installs fine with Collector's installer, but the pet shop keeper is missing, although he can be heard.

Furthermore, when I leave the pet shop and go to the police station, the graphics of the laboratory person and the shooting range guy are missing, too, but you can find their hotspots and talk to them, whereas a hotspot for the pet shop keeper cannot be found at all.

My specs: Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-920, ASUS P6T, ATI Radeon HD 4890. Original CD version of the game.

Any help with this thing would be hugely appreciated. It's one of the best adventure games, after all.

Jawa 05-08-2012 08:19 AM

Try using the first installer(the one in the post above Collectors), it worked great for me. Or try alt+tab out of the game and back in once it has started, that fixes things sometimes.