You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2012, 06:17 AM   #61
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna_tic View Post
i've tried but Arthur says he can't do it with William standing in the next room =/
Ok, try something in your inventory - cant remember exactly what, but there is some way of loosening the painting hanging on the wall, by removing a nail (or just loosening the nail). Then when you walk away and talk to William there should be a crash from the next room as the painting falls to the floor. This is your chance, but you have to be quick and get through the door before William comes back
Old 03-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #62

Quote:
i've tried but Arthur says he can't do it with William standing in the next room =/
after that i got back to the cemetery and nothing new was there and then i got back home and nothing new was there either... humpf...
Old 03-06-2012, 03:06 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhunter71 View Post
Ok, try something in your inventory - cant remember exactly what, but there is some way of loosening the painting hanging on the wall, by removing a nail (or just loosening the nail). Then when you walk away and talk to William there should be a crash from the next room as the painting falls to the floor. This is your chance, but you have to be quick and get through the door before William comes back
i've tried combining objects in the inventory like the improvised hook with the nail, the spear; i tried just the hammer but he keeps telling me he can't do anything while William is in the next room... it's pretty frustrating really =/

maybe it's something that i still don't have? besides from the fables, the eviction note, the map and the music box plus the figurines i have the metal spear, the hook, the hammer and the lockpick set...

i'm sorry for being such a pain xD
Old 03-07-2012, 01:41 AM   #64
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Aaaahh! Sorry! Now I remember - before you can do anything with the picture you need to get Wiliam out of the room. Ask him about the music box I think, and he will go down to the basement to check it out. Whilst he's gone you can then tamper with the picture.
Do it quick because he doesn't leave for long.
But if he comes back you can ask him again and he will return to the basement.

Sorry - I dont know why I didint remember that yesterday
Old 03-07-2012, 06:43 AM   #65

Quote:
Aaaahh! Sorry! Now I remember - before you can do anything with the picture you need to get Wiliam out of the room. Ask him about the music box I think, and he will go down to the basement to check it out. Whilst he's gone you can then tamper with the picture.
Do it quick because he doesn't leave for long.
But if he comes back you can ask him again and he will return to the basement.

Sorry - I dont know why I didint remember that yesterday
No problem, i think i have a bug anyway, because i already showed him the music box but i can only point either the drawer or the figurines... i even tried to reload the game from before i opened the music box and i still can't get him to go to the basement... he says he has nothing to say about that.

thank you for your help =)
Old 03-08-2012, 01:59 AM   #66
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

So there's no option of asking him to check something out in the basement?
Don't show it to him - I think it should just come up in conversation.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:16 AM   #67

Quote:
So there's no option of asking him to check something out in the basement?
Don't show it to him - I think it should just come up in conversation.
no, i can only ask him about the artists, the painting of the forest and show him items of my inventory... i've tried the dialogue in various ways because i saved the game as soon as i entered the museum...
Old 03-08-2012, 05:23 AM   #68
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
no, i can only ask him about the artists, the painting of the forest and show him items of my inventory... i've tried the dialogue in various ways because i saved the game as soon as i entered the museum...
Well, all I can think is that maybe you missed something along the way.
Did you speak to the old man when he's standing in the childrens playground. He has something interesting to say about the box I think. Apart from that, maybe try revisiting old locations just to see if you have missed anything, like the old cemetery and your house
Old 03-08-2012, 05:44 AM   #69

Quote:
Well, all I can think is that maybe you missed something along the way.
Did you speak to the old man when he's standing in the childrens playground. He has something interesting to say about the box I think. Apart from that, maybe try revisiting old locations just to see if you have missed anything, like the old cemetery and your house
i spoke to that old man before i got into the antique shop, but then he disappeared. i went back to the cemetery and the house but nothing new happened or appeared. then i wandered through the village with no luck. then i went to the museum again but nothing new happened.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:55 AM   #70
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

As fas as I can remember, you can speak to the old man again another 2 or 3 times. Places are, in the cemetery (not the old part), in the playground (and I'm not sure if there's another place)
At the cemetery, once you enter the main gates, walk past the church towards the tool shed at the end of the path and then turn right toward the graves there, kind of opposite the shed. He should be standing around there somewhere.
I think he appears at the playground, before the cemetery, but after you speak to him outside your house.

What exactly do you have in your inventory at the moment?
Old 03-08-2012, 06:09 AM   #71

he didn't appear anywhere yet and that's what's missing i guess.

i have: the book of fables, the eviction note, the map, the music box, the metal spear, the improvised hook, the hammer and the lockpick set...
Old 03-08-2012, 06:18 AM   #72
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Well that is strange. You seem to have everything you should by this point in the game.
Hmm, what else could it be? You have been to your dad's funeral right?
Did you speak to your sister in the kitchen? After you had the dream about finding the money box, I believe.
I can't think of anywhere else to go or things to do. Did you explore the old part of the cemetery? Where the crypt is, and the big momument with the strange markings?

If you have done all that and still cant talk to William, then it could be a bug.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:27 AM   #73

Quote:
Well that is strange. You seem to have everything you should by this point in the game.
Hmm, what else could it be? You have been to your dad's funeral right?
Did you speak to your sister in the kitchen? After you had the dream about finding the money box, I believe.
I can't think of anywhere else to go or things to do. Did you explore the old part of the cemetery? Where the crypt is, and the big momument with the strange markings?

If you have done all that and still cant talk to William, then it could be a bug.
i went to the funeral, spoke to Kent, to the sister, who was with the blond guy... then i explored the whole cemetery and didn't find the old guy... i went to the old part, saw Vincent Strauss tomb, the old crypt and the other tomb with strange markings

i got back home, slept, had the dream with William, woke up, spoke to the sister, grabbed the music box...

after that i wandered through the city before entering the museum. and then i went to the museum.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #74
Senior Automaton

Did you open the box yet?
Old 03-09-2012, 01:06 AM   #75
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
i went to the funeral, spoke to Kent, to the sister, who was with the blond guy... then i explored the whole cemetery and didn't find the old guy... i went to the old part, saw Vincent Strauss tomb, the old crypt and the other tomb with strange markings

i got back home, slept, had the dream with William, woke up, spoke to the sister, grabbed the music box...

after that i wandered through the city before entering the museum. and then i went to the museum.
Ok, if you've done all that then I really am stumped - I dont know what else to suggest.
The only other thing, as I said, is that I remember talking to the old guy at least 2 more times. Once in the playground and once in the cemetery. Thats the only thing I did different to you. And on at least one occasion we had a chat about the box.

All I can do now is hope that someone else can offer something to different to what I have suggested.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:25 AM   #76

Quote:
Ok, if you've done all that then I really am stumped - I dont know what else to suggest.
The only other thing, as I said, is that I remember talking to the old guy at least 2 more times. Once in the playground and once in the cemetery. Thats the only thing I did different to you. And on at least one occasion we had a chat about the box.

All I can do now is hope that someone else can offer something to different to what I have suggested.
thank you for your help!
Old 03-09-2012, 06:25 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
Did you open the box yet?
i saved one game in which i didn't open the box and one game in which i did.
the results are the same, i get stuck.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:33 AM   #78
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
thank you for your help!
Hey, no problem!
And if you do manage to finally get past this, feel free to ask for more help.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:03 AM   #79

i don't think i can, at least not without replaying the game from the start lol.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #80

Go to William and TALK to him. The very last conversation option should be USE ITEM. It isn't immediately apparent in the screen, you have to scroll down with an arrow at the side of the conversation options. When you pick USE ITEM your inventory comes up. Pick the music box and then pick PRESENT, not EXAMINE. William should then go downstairs.